Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sorry, won't happen. You're blinded by Sanchez lust. The guy sucks NOW. MM is not Jim Harbaugh, Sanchez can't be fixed by him.

Start someone else not named Sanchez, and watch us win games by not turning the ball over.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Geno's college play doesn't matter now. It's how he adjusts. Sanchez should be ahead and like I said before, the best player is going to win. I think I mentioned before, I lean slightly toward Sanchez being that guy.

The thing is, will Sanchez keep the job for 16 games? He can't have a turnover filled year, something he's only avoided 1/4 years in the league. He has to be accurate, something he's struggled with. He has to be consistent, something he's also struggled with. He's going to have play much better than we've ever seen him play to keep his job season and maybe have a job next season. Oh and all this with less talent than he had in 09 or 2010 on paper at least.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Nobody credible listens to Nick Mangold anyway. We all trust more informed sources, like Manish Mehta.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I just don't want to hear shit until we see them play against other teams

5. xxedge72x

Good thing you are seeing rather than hearing then!

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is why I believe it's just a matter of when Geno is ready. That could be in September, at some point during the season, or maybe not until next year - but when he's ready, he'll probably be the starter shortly after.

I don't think anyone in their right mind expected him to be ready in June.

7. xxedge72x

If you hate Mark Sanchez then Geno was ready the moment the Jets drafted him, since after all, he is not Mark Sanchez!

Genos technique and support don't matter, nor does a long term development plan. What matters is that we abort Sanchez asap!

8. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You said easily north of 60% so do you want to set it at 64%? If he hits 64% you win anything less I win. I haven't really thought about the avatar? How about one of our division rivals with some caption about how much you love their team? You set the length of time.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Nah make him use the buttfumble pic.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I tend to believe Sanchez is a lost cause, but that doesn't mean we should put in a rookie who isn't ready over him. I'd be very surprised if Sanchez suddenly "got it" this year, but I would be very happy if he did. It would be the best thing for the franchise to know they have a QB and to also have a very talented guy right there behind him.

11. xxedge72x

Absolutely. The way the roster is configured right now the Jets need to be focused on the future rather than this season, and that doesn't mean feeding Smith to the wolves.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If they need to focus on the future, they need to find out what Geno Smith has right off the gate then. You can't focus on the future and have the future QB of the team sitting on the bench. They need to make a decision on Geno Smith this season - there are some good QBs coming out of the draft next off-season.

That situation you presented just cannot happen, it makes no sense.

13. xxedge72x

Yeah because that didn't work out for the Packers at all?

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

:rofl2: That's a great idea! The buttfumble pic it is. Hobbes, you can decide what you want it to be for my avatar.

15. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

This.

And everybody is talking about how next years draft class is stacked with QB prospects. I just don't see what all the hype is about. Johnny Football is no guarentee to be a solid NFL starter, I think Tim Tebow can atest to that. As far as Tahj Boyd and Teddy Bridgewater are concerned, they play in weak conferences. With all the talk about Geno putting up huge numbers against (weak) Big 12 defenses, how does it make sense to consider the aforementioned pair putting up nice numbers against even WEAKER conferences.

Now Georgia's Aaron Murray on the other hand... he may be something special.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sanchez isn't Brett Favre ... Plus the Packers were in a win-now mode with Charles Woodson and Donald Driver getting up there in age ... they weren't winning much with Favre late in his career so they let him go. They had to see what they had in Rodgers, they felt he was ready.

We are building for the future - pretty much every position is up in the air cept for the CBs, C, LT and LDE, RDE positions.

Jets need to see what they have in Geno before they let one of those QBs pass by in 2014. We are in a tough situation QB wise.

Jets need to make a decision on both Sanchez and Smith, where-as the Packers KNEW Rodgers was the future of the team. Jets I think don't know what they have in Geno yet. Not sure Rex is willing to wait 3 or 4 seasons to find out. We as a fan-base DEFINITELY don't have the patience for that

It's almost like the Panthers situation before they got Cam. I would rather them go the 49ers route though with Geno playing the role as Kaepernick ... again though, the fan-base, and the FO don't have the patience to wait that long ...

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Geno Smith was a second round pick, he wasn't taken in the top 10. There is no reason the Jets can't take a QB in the first round next year if they want to. What makes no sense is people thinking there's some reason the Jets couldn't take a QB in the first round next year.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You mean like when they took Jimmy Clauson in the 2nd round in 2010 and then Cam Newton 1st overall the next year? There wasn't anything preventing them from taking a QB the next year, was there?

19. xxedge72x

Rodgers fell just like Geno. Like Geno, he had a lot of potential but it needed to be refined. Four years later, he stepped in and was effective immediately. The key with Rodgers is that there was no urgency or rush to get him on the field. There should be no rush or urgency to get Geno on the field. Sanchez is not Favre but he does not have to be. The only way you can justify starting Smith sooner is if he is the difference between being a Super Bowl team or not. When you consider how bad our receiving corps is, I don't see how you can possibly argue Geno is that difference.

As for next years draft, the Jets should still draft a QB. It doesn't hurt the team or player development to continue adding QBs. The team should be drafting a QB every single season without fail. There is more value in the QB position than any other. If we do end up with two QBs worth their draft position, then we can always trade one later to even further bolster future drafts. Every QB we draft is an investment. Investments need to grow. Investing in the highest value position can only help the team down the road.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The difference was that the Packers could afford to sit Rodgers. I bet if they had a bad QB Rodgers would have started much sooner.

We have a bad QB in place so that means Geno will see the field much sooner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.