17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 12:02 PM
    To: xxxxxxxx@verizon.net
    Subject: Jets Early Renewal Sweepstakes Fulfillment Details

Congratulations again on being one of our lucky winners in 2013 Early Renewal Sweepstakes. You have won free parking for the 2013 football season!

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its been a new lease on life blocking the bitter one.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I was a brand new Airborne 2LT on leave from Ft. Bragg, NC and on my way to Vietnam in January '69, so let's not pretend you're the only one around here who knows what it felt like. I watched that game on my dad's back porch in Linden and then left for Newark Airport 3 days later enroute to the Republic of Vietnam.

So while you were watching the parade and revelling in the win I was landing at Tan Son Knut Airbase and staring at a 12-month tour at the worst possible time... Jan of 1969. The height of US casualties (25,000 of the 58,000), occurred in 1968-1969 and I was going out into the field in an infantry slot, no less. Came home woith the Bronze Star and CIB adn a shitload of memories I can't get rid of sometimes.

So come on now. You want to make it sound like you're the only seasoned one around here... the only "old timer" who knows WTF he's talking about when it comes to "really" appreciating what a SB win was like. You are a fucking douchebag and virgin when it comes to appreciating what the win meant. I couldn't wait to get back to the "real world" where I could settle back down again and raise a family and maybe take my kids to some Jets games as a STHer... and that's what I did... exaclty that. And they became Jets fans.
    So now I'm a fucking Chump for continuing to buy the tickets and take my grandkids so they can become Jets fans too? GFY.

#17743 Section 227. Row 5, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sec 227

Had a lof of respect for you and now it is much more.

5. jetbo

jetbo Member

Well said

Very Well Put 227!!!!! I'm NOT a War Veteran, but a Long Time STH who did See SB III and hope to have that feeling once again. That's why we continue to go the games and hope we can relive 1969 all over again!!!!

THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE GREEN!!!!!!

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

Amen and God bless. Two things you never hear me say but I don't know what else to say.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, thanks for everything you did back then, glad you made it back. Must have been real tough losing friends in the war and all the BS. The Jets provided and escape and its something worth passing on because its part of who we are. No guarantees in life, you pick a team and that's that, win or lose. That's the lesson, you don't bail.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My heartfelt thanks to U for helping to serve our country & keep us free. Well if U saw the game & do not have the same feelings that I do then you are & I are just totally different type of NYJ fans :sad:

9. Section 227. Row 5

Of course I'd like to see the Jets win another Superbowl. Who wouldn't?

But to hammer on and on incessantly does no good at all for anyone, including yourself. Don't you ever find yourself getting tired of listening to yourself rant on and on continuously about what "losers" this team is? I mean, don't you ever wish you cold think positively just once about maybe... MAYBE... we might have a chance this year or maybe next?

Or is it just more fun to come on this board and spout drivel continuously about how we're never ever going to do anything or go anywhere. And how foolish it is to buy Season Ticlets or even be a fan. And what Chumps we are for even thinking that maybe we have a small shot and so maybe we'd like to hold onto our Seasons in the hope that one day we'll be sitting in the stands and watching us win the game that takes us to the big party.

10. Section 227. Row 5

And I didn't mention my Vietnam service to get accolades, so everyone please stop. I shouldn't have mentioned it but every now and then I do... but it doesn't make me any different a Jets fan... just part of my past and in some small way part of who I am as a Jets fan as it relates to the SB being one of the greatest things for me to watch before leaving for SE Asia... adn the fact that I had something to dream about when I got home and going to the games and maybe getting my kids involved (which I did, and they weren't even born back then)... and now my grandkids.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well said 227, i always enjoy when you go off on someone. it brightens my day.

sadly though, i dont think we are going to win anything this year. that shouldnt keep it from being fun though! my 6 year old is just really starting to get into it, i think i am going to bring him to a game this year.

12. Section 227. Row 5

6 is a great age to start brainwashing and indoctrinating. You pick a game that you know we have a good chance of winning. No sense starting him off with a loss.

Then, you get him his first Jets hat to wear to the game... and maybe a green t-shirt. Now he really gets into it. He won't know squat about what's happening but that doesn't matter. He'll get into it if the Jets get in the end zone.

Now the only problem is trying to pick a game in which we have a good chance of winning! LOL

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

aug 17th jags at jets

14. jetbo

jetbo Member

Winnable game

Wow, low blow to Jets 17a TG!!!

15. 17a_tailgater

best game to start a 6 year old off with is a preseason game. nice weather friendly atmosphere

16. Section 227. Row 5

I totally agree. T-shirt weather, laid back atmoshere. He's going to do more eating than watching. And if he gets bored, you leave at the half and who gives a damn what you are missing on the field?

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you really love the kid, you will do everything possible to avoid the pain of being a jet fan. Fly to Pittsburgh or San Francisco for the weekend. Why do that to them, so they can be like us? I don't know, if I had to do it all over again, my kids would not be Jet fans. It kinda sucks not winning every 10-15 years geez.

18. championjets69

As I have said a zillion times meaning over & over & over again when I see something positive I will gladly mention it. That means right now all I see are negatives which again I have posted about over & over again

Well that is MHO of U & every one who subscribes to STs since my humble opinion is the only way we will ever see a SB is hitting Woody right smack in his pocketbook. When Hess owned the NYJs I used to put flyers on the cars in the parking lot urging the NYJs fans to boycott Hess Oil. So while speaking of Woody I think as long as he owns the team we are just on a merry go round from being fairly decent to just so-so to just plain shitty. I have post my reasons over & over again why I feel that way already also

BTW U never replied to my question what is the avowed goal of all 32 NFL teams before the 2013 season begins?

:sad:

19. 17a_tailgater

champ is that u? and do u have sec314 tied up?

20. championjets69

No but actually I think my son who was born in 71 & states that the NYJs will not win a SB in HIS lifetime. I also think he holds it against me making him a NYJ fan & I tell him that all the time. :sad: