Rex Ryan: I’m a lot better coach than I’m given credit for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CJLang, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Smith will be on the field for the first snap of the offense my friend. I said it before and I will say it again, footwork and clarity of speech in the huddle is something that can be learned in a short period of time (Training Camp & Preseason)

Sanchez went up against a shit defense Week 1 last year. Lets not sit here and act like he put up those numbers against the 49ers or the Seahawks, because we all know what happened those two games.The Bucs D is better than the Bills at basically every position. The only thing I would say is better on the Bills is their D-Line. FACT.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It depends if Revis plays. The Bucs D was actually worse than the Bills defense last year.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

it'll be 2 after this season. 8-8, 6-10, then 4-12 will spell the end for him. Idzik wants his own guy, he is keeping Ryan around because this is a lost season in any case, and they have to pay him so might as well keep him around to be the punching bag for a season. Maybe he will learn some humility for his next job. If anyone is dumb enough to hire him as HC.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Jets will win 11 this season.

They are clearly better, right now...than 3 of the first four teams they face .

The back end of the schedule is, soft.

The mid secrion, they need to steal one or two

5. Jay Bizniss

11 with Geno at QB... 6 tops with Nacho back there piloting.

6. Hobbes3259

Revis covers....one guy.

Kerley?
    Hill?

Holmes?

My money says Holmes.

Pick your poison. Kerley caught what 80 balls last year, out of position?

Hill? Any one of the backs. Revis only matters, if your offense is depending on one stud Receiver, like Megatron.....

7. Hobbes3259

See, this is why your posts are nonsense

they won 6 last year, with no OC, and no WRs.

i get it. You love Geno, for some reason or another. But shit like that makes you sound ridiculous.

MM, over Sparano, is 3 games all by himself.

8. Hobbes3259

Smith, is not starting the season. Get used to the idea.

Sanchez won 6, with no help whatsoever. Including that game in ST.Louis, where he got sacked 4 times in the first qtr, completed 75%, (running the offense, about the way MM does), and didnt need to put the ball up in the air for the last 9 minutes, (against his former OC)

#108 Hobbes3259, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  9. Jay Bizniss

Uh... Mark Barron... DaShon Goldson... Johnathan Banks... You could forget Sanchez passing to anybody September 8th..

10. varjao

varjao Member

Seriously man, this is unbelievable

You're gonna be 2-7 by the bye week, 3-6 best case scenario

11. Hobbes3259

4-0 they will beat the pats Thursday, week 2. Ive fesisted saying It till you showed up with Gayboy Biuck Frady.

Jets start the season, 2-0. 1-1, if they lose to Tampon Bay.

Back under the bridge troll.

12. Hobbes3259

Dashon goldson? Really? If Holmes plays, you think that slow bastard is covering Hill down field? :rofl2:

Or, if they use a safety over the top..who is covering Kerley, or goodson,ivory,mcknight etc....

Write this down.

The Jets will eat Tampon Bay alive. Josh Freeman, sucks,...given the defense, Sanchez will have more balls in his hands than the average pats fans mother.

And, fwiw....we are going to see real offense, for the first time in a long rime.

Like I said, i know you have the genomania thing going on.I like they guy too. He, is not....the winning option yet,

13. varjao

varjao Member

Allright, you believe in Sanchez and think Jets can win 11 games this season, I got you, missed the irony before.

That's whats going to happen on week 2 at Foxboro

patriotsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/wip12-pats1.jpg

static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/gallery/pats-eat-turkey-legs/wilforkturkeyleg.jpg

Sorry I can't post images direct into the thread because I'm not 50+ posts yet

#113 varjao, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  14. Hobbes3259

It doesnt matter.

Amendola is not Welker....now maybe the hope is, that between Amendola, amd Edelman, you can get 16 games with a slot player.

Maybe.

But considering, Brady to Welker is the focus of the offense, you organizational hubris, is going to catch up to you.they should have paid Welker.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

They'll win 11 with Geno Smith, you are absolutely correct.

Hobbes: Sanchez is a broken man. Just be done with him.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm not sure about 11 wins but I would take that NO matter who is under center.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I couldn't get your links to work so I added this one....

[YOUTUBE]LzSTf2zNOt0[/YOUTUBE]

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Rex is one of the best defensive minds in the game, just like his dad was.

As for being a head coach, I like him. We'll see how it turns out. Like his dad, his personality and circumstance might get in the way of being as successful as a head coach as he should be. I enjoy the way Rex acts, but I think it might punch his ticket out of town prematurely if he isn't careful.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's fair to compare Parcells to Ryan. At least in my book, I think Parcells is the best coach of his era. Others will point to Belichick or Walsh but the fact is Parcells won with a lot less and he was a head coach. I think a lot more of coaches who can win when the talent is lacking than a coach that rides a hall of fame QB for his whole career. Parcells went 8-8 with Ray Lucas and Rick Mirer. He almost made the superbowl with Testaverde. He won with jeff hostetler. I'm just ranting because he got left off the espn list of great coaches.

As you point out, Parcells wasn't afraid to challenge Weiss or Belichick who were great assistants, while Rex seems hopeless when it comes to offense.

Rex still seems like a defensive coordinator whose a sort of head coach.

He's had the misfortune of being paired with some poor offensive coordinators as well. Hopefully MM can turn it around.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I really don't even know how to begin to respond to this. I mean, I appreciate the sometimes blind optimism of the dedicated fan, but this statement borders on fanboy hysteria. Have you looked at this team at all? The offensive line? The running backs? The linebackers? The bench? That's not even throwing in the QB mess. Your enthusiasim is admirable, but comeon man.