Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

True. Although we don't know the cause of the incompletions, were they bad routes, dropped passes or just bad throws? That's a little beyond the scope of an OTA report but I think it's a bit more important to know than just the actual percentages.

That being said a higher number would obviously be much less worrisome even if it doesn't mean a whole lot in the long run.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

You really think he's not cheap now? Free agency has been open for 3 full months. I don't know how much lower he could go

3. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

I wish I could say it wasn't, but the truth is the truth. In the long run the reps these young inexperianced guys are getting should pay off for THEM, but its clearly hurting our QB's now.

#283 Spike_D, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Lloyd got $3M guaranteed on his last contract. He's not vet minimum cheap yet. He may never get there but at some point he's going to have to decide if he wants to be in a camp with a strong chance to earn this year or sitting on the sidelines and hoping that somebody gets hurt and that the team filling the spot wants him.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How about Braylon?

6. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I doubt Braylon will get another shit... not because he doesnt deserve it. he is hard working player who loves the Jets. but Idzik isn't crazy about him it seems. mostly because of the blueprints of his reconstruction to this team..
    he has only picked up 1-2 vets this offseason rest were young kids with upside.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What, no Montana-esque passing game with all this wonderful receiving talent the Jets have?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sounds just like 2012 so far.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he's not here already.

Guy was the best player on offense the last few games in 2012.

I never understood the hate for the guy.

Good player, nice target, loved being a Jet, and it looks like he's still productive.

_

10. It's not time to panic & there are legit reasons for the offense to still be off. That said...I'm fed up w/ this lackluster offense.Sick & tired of every single OTA/TC report being about the lethargic passing game.It's been like this for about 5 years now.

It's happened w/ 3 different coordinators..Is it the QBs? It isn't just Sanchez who has struggled behind center for the Jets. Is it the fragile receiving corps that isn't great to begin with? Is it something to do w/ the defenses Rex is deploying? Is it Rex not caring about the offense in general?

Something has gotta give. We've ignored this "elephant in the room" for a decade now. It's ok to be a defense first franchise. But this offense has been putrid & if it were even average this team may have another ring.Get it fixed NOW

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Did you know he dropped some passes when he played for Cleveland? Perhaps he's better off in Guantanamo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I like Braylon, he was a model citizen playing for us, and was seemingly always open

13. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Newest tweet on Kerley:

Manish Mehta
    Jets WR Jeremy Kerley didn't take part in team drills during OTAs today. However, he caught three TDs yesterday. #nyj

14. Edwards used to be a good player. Now he lacks the quickness off the line & vertical to be the threat he once was.

His play for the jets in 2012 was nothing to write home about. 10 Receptions in 3 games(all of which were losses).

Jets need to get more dynamic at WR & enter the modern era of football. At one time Braylon was a great Jet. But his time has passed.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Let me guess ... a "soft tissue" injury?

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I honestly think that practicing against rex's defense is a problem for our offense. For the most part opposing defenses are going to be much more straight forward in games but all their practice experience is against this elaborate unique defense with traps around every corner that makes the best of QB's second guess themselves.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Rex is not going to play a vanilla defense just so the offense looks good, you can bet the farm on that.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I don't know Kurt even a lesser Braylon is better than most of the wr's we have now

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It isn't about the offense looking good, it's about the offense being good. If he really needs to stroke his ego so much that he can't let the offense practice at least half the time against a normal defense at the cost of the offense sucking all the time then I don't want him. And I'm a Rex fan.

20. TheGreenCantona

Well we all know the drill, it is only OTAs/june/pre-season games/vanilla offence/Rex's complex defence etc etc
    When the season starts this offence will look lethargic and we all know it.