Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Do people really still want the embarrassing butt fumble to start after the last 2 seasons?

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I sure as hell don't.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on Bohanon, FB's are a dying breed in todays pass happy nfl and I don't see the Jets going with only 2 TE's in to the season, in fact I debated having 5 WR's and 4 TE's on the roster.

Bohanon, if he makes the team, will push one of the other RB's out of the equation (or if Goodson's legal issues get worse taking his slot). I just don't see him beating out the other RB's overall. BUT, it is very very early in the process.

I'd consider Lankster over Edwards at CB. and I had forgotten about Jarret at Safety, if anything he pushes one of Bush, Allen or Miles off the 53 man. Probably Miles since he would be the one most likely to be able to stash away on the PS.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

SURVEY SAYS!--------------------------------8 Million Dollars!

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

So play the worst QB in the NFL because he's due 8 million dollars? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. May be a reasonable reason he's not cut but should have no factor in playing.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Holy fuck, man. I read your previous two posts and they are spotless. Then I read your response to me, and it's like you rolled your head across your iPad. Stop with the sympathy typos.

I tossed that article out the moment you quoted it. You KNOW me.

Sanchez has played himself out of contention. Even if he is salvageable. Why can't you grasp that?

I am an optimist, and I would LOVE to see Mark play himself out of this hole. Don't you know that??

I just don't see how the Jets have the independence to do it. They have to sell tickets. And in order to do that, they have to sell the future of the franchise.

I don't read the papers or the websites. I am in San Antonio. So what I do is meaningless.

What the season ticket holders read matters.

You aren't convincing them, because most of them could give a shit about message boards.

It's a business, and Sanchez is a turkey for a billion dollar franchise at this point.

I don't case what the media says. I care what common sense says.

7. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Look at his tape. He wasn't just a blocking FB. He ran, blocked, and caught passes. He's by no means a one trick pony. Considering Marty's like of using FBs and how WCO calls for plenty of passes to the Backs, how in the world do you think we don't go in with Tommy? Especially considering how, iirc, none of our other Backs are known for their pass-catching abilities the way that Tommy is.

T-Bo (TM) will be an oft-used target by Marty. Bank on it.

8. abyzmul

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the Bohanan pick. At first, I only watched the clips of him making ball-handling plays. But the guy has some serious wiggle and shifts as a blocker. He chips very well.

I really can't wait to see if they use him correctly.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I had a dream that Bohanan actually had a breakout game against the Patriots. We're talking like 190 or so yards and like two touchdowns. He was running all over Vince Wilfork.

10. abyzmul

Not sure why I am replying to this, but thanks anyway.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you typed exactly what I was going to type

you sir, have issues

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the offense did better today. No turnovers is encouraging, offseason or not.

13. ArmandJ

When it happens and we're celebrating our win, just remember who told you.:pats_suck:

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Im sorry which of those two facts did I misstate?

Garrard was NEVER going to see opening day, as a starter, i pointed that out from the minute he was signed.

The Jets, allegedly in dire need of a QB, passed once, twice, until it was a value pick...did I miss that?

We needed. CB at 9? DL at 13....because our need for a QB was overwhelming? Thats your contention, not that the Jets got lucky that Geno fell? Really?

15. ArmandJ

We tried to trade up for Geno. Also, when you have the best CB and the best DT staring at you in the face in a draft full of less than stellar offensive skill players, you don't just let them go.

16. Hobbes3259

Look, the Garrard signing tells you all you need to know.

Guy had not played a down in 2 years. But...still had a patina of respectability.

Best case scenario, Pre-draft, Garrard plays well, doesnt get hurt, and is the insurance policy.

You cannot reasonably believe they expected him to go16? Thats absurd.

That was for the season ticket holders.

Whats apparent is they think thr change in systems, and a healthy cast....fixes the problem.

Hey, Im glad the got Smith, but pretending it was draft mastery getting him at 39, behind the Cards,Jagoffs,and Jills ....? Cmon man...

Its fairly clear, their intention was to kick the tores on this one first, since theyve already paid for it.

17. ArmandJ

Face it, Hobbes. Your boy is not starting. God, it's going to be sooooooooo delicious to see him taking notes in a ballcap. Better get ready.

18. Hobbes3259

Right. Like a Certain QB from WVa.

(i like your argument)

An injured CB at 9. Not a QB.

I guess CB is the more important position? Or was one player. (or in this case two players) that dont touch the ball 30 times a game,that much better than Smith, or did the Jets not need a QB as bad as its made out to be?

#178 Hobbes3259, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  19. ArmandJ

Oh no...Geno will be good to very good. Your boy can't hold a candle to him.

20. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

hobbes youre delusional man

you say geno smith was a value pick. let's say geno was picked before us and we never got him. whats to stop the jets from getting mike glennon, tyler wilson, or matt barkley? the jets also clearly wanted him with talks of trading up