NFL.com: MM says Sanchez's accuracy has been sky high

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 27, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

To exemplify that point, in 29 losses Sanchez has thrown 48 of his 69 interceptions and completed a very meager 51.6% of his passes. That's not including his fumbles. His yards per attempt dip down to a very meager 6.0 yards per attempt. IN losses he averages around .8 TD's a game, in wins about 1.4 TD's a game. And his other numbers don't get any better in wins, well his completion percentage does top out at an astounding 58%...in other words even when Sanchez plays "well" he's below average.

Talk about low expectations.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

to be fair there was quite a bit of sanchez debate that was pretty decent over the past few years. at this point it has deteriorated to mush. its come to the point where people are grasping at straws on both sides just to try and prove the other side wrong. this is why the sanchez sucks thread should just die.

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i disagree, that play was all on sanchez

rule number one as a distributor in any sport is know your personnel ... i doubt hes even seen cumberland make a catch like that in practice, yet he attempts it in a game?

4. Bruce Harper

Bruce Harper New Member

In Sanchez's case, that means anything over 54%.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Morningweg is just talking him up for trade bait. Standard procedure.

Marty wants Geno as evidence from his wine and dining of Geno and stumping for him prior to the draft.

He'd also be smart to advocate for Geno to start internally as well if he wants to stick around for more than 1 year. If the Jets go out there another year with Sanchez playing like he has been, Rex and his staff will likely be axed and Morningweg will be back on the streets. If they play Geno, it will cool the hot seat a little.

Personally, I think Geno will do better because he will limit the mistakes, but even if Geno struggles, Rex and Morningweg can say they were developing a rookie and that's why they had some bumps in the road. They'd be more likely to keep their jobs that way then if they had the same problems with the 5th year Golden Boy.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. In your world the Jets should give up on the season and play Geno even if he is not ready so Rex and Marty keep their jobs?

I hope you are wrong from what I am seeing the Jets Defense has gotten better and the offense has no where to go but up. What we know from Geno and the offense he ran in college is that he will need time in an NFL system.

For me the best way for Marty and Rex to keep their jobs is win. All indications are at this time that is Sanchez. This can change during training camp but I doubt it.

What amazes me is that some people on this site actually think bringing in JR or VY is better than playing Sanchez. What have either of them done to make you think they are better Sanchez?

Play Mark let Geno learn the NFL and the playbook put him in if the season goes south.

7. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

We all know Sanchez is accurate but what does that have to do with him not being able to protect the ball and not read defenses??????????????

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The offense is going to be rough no matter what. Unless Rex's "improved D" (that lost it's best player) pitches shutouts, the team isn't sniffing the playoffs.

I also don't agree with your assessment that the offense has "no where to go but up." That's never true. They can absolutely be worse, and IMO playing a California kid with a severely damaged psyche that, lets face it, wasn't very good in the first place isn't the right way to go about - "going up"

It is my opinion that if they are going to be bad, they might as well do it with a rookie, but I in no way am saying that's Rex's and Morningweg's feelings. They are going to want to do what's necessary to win... And I think they'll realize Geno Smith gets them closer to that goal. It also cools the hot seat, which deep down they know.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

But it's the Jets.
    Shit can always get worse.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think this basically hits the main points in the Sanchez vs Smith debate.

Sanchez is shaky because he just doesn't look like an NFL QB at this point and hasn't for some time. Smith is shaky because he's a rookie getting his first NFL exposure. When you have two shaky options you're better off going with the one you know less about because there's more chances that he'll show you something on the upside.

And yes, the hot seat cools some if the Jets go with developing Smith over giving Sanchez another opportunity to be shaky on the field.

The notion doesn't get enough play but it's absolutely true that putting players on the field that are widely expected to fail and then having that happen is the worst thing a professional sports franchise can do.

Sanchez has used up all of the slack he has with the average fan. He has no room for anything but a great performance in his quest for redemption. Another very important factor in getting good play out of your players is never asking them to do something they are incapable of doing. Sanchez does not appear capable of great performance at QB this point. And that's the only thing that will keep the boobirds off of his back when he throws the inevitable picks.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez has always been streaky. The problem is we rarely got good streaky the past year. Like his best streak was that 9/10 moment in the 4th quarter of the NE game. Besides that, mostly negative streaks that kept on spiraling.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Again Jets win Sanchez will be fine they start losing he is in trouble.

Geno has none of the college background you look for in a first year starting QB. Not a pro style offense, Lot of plays called at the line of scrimmage many Qbs in the system he has come out of have failed.

Geno is a second round pick so there is no reason to rush him unless you are afraid of Sanchez succeeding. Lets not ruin Geno from day 1

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

a clue as to what happened to mm when he was head coach in detroit:

:sad:either defective eyesight or delusional thinking. like the jets front office before idzik arrived.

14. mr nyjet

you mean like taking sacks instead of fumbling or throwing picks in bunches, especially n the red zone?

that guy isn't even being mentioned.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nevermind the fact that he's been an extremely successful offensive coordinator since then. Let's focus on his failure as a head coach over a decade ago instead.

16. mr nyjet

the game where he was far outplayed by the so-called 3rd string qb?

is it really open competition? smith is already ahead of el taco, even fresh out of college.

17. mr nyjet

he was the oc in philly like pettine was our dc. :lol:

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Didn't Geno run 3 different offenses in college, excelled at all of them, and one of them being pro style?

Didn't Jon Gruden explain that the air raid offense Geno ran meant he had to make playcalls based on how the defense lined up, except they didn't know going into games how defenses would try to attack them?

I'm not saying he's going to be an immediate success or even a successful QB, I just don't think what you posted is entirely true.

And to your last point, lots of QBs coming from USC have failed too. I don't think it's a relevant point because each QB is different. While college/system plays a part, it doesn't tell the whole story

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

not really... andy reid actually trusted him to call plays... a responsibility pettine got taken away from him...

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What did you think of the week 1 Bills game?