NFL.com: MM says Sanchez's accuracy has been sky high

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 27, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Ive got pull with the press :rofl2:

2. Hobbes3259

Keep your cash.

Successful, means hes not cut fter the team is free from the cap, or do you disagree?

3. Hobbes3259

Kick in the 50, i told Armand to forsake.

4. Hobbes3259

I notice, none of you haters addressed the Geno bashing starting, and being set up.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Talk about ego, I was referring to Schillens buttering up his QB's...unless of course your name is Schillens.

6. 1968jetsfan

Who cares what the press says about Geno, he hasn't been on the field in a game yet. And even then who cares what the press says. Its all about performance on the field. If all Geno does is take care of the ball and not turn it over or put it on the ground he'd already be light years ahead of Sanchez.

I don't read the papers, I don't even live in New York. I don't watch ESPN, except to watch games.

I form my opinions from watching games and analyzing stats.

7. 1968jetsfan

Sanchez won't be cut, but I do predict he'll no longer be a Jet by the trade deadline.

8. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

It would explain a lot about you and your posts, if that's your idea of being successful...

Guess I'm someone successful too, since I wasn't fired at work today or exiled from society.

Embracing extremely low standards surely must be the golden path to the Holy Land. It must be what all those good teams do too, I bet.

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

This year?

i don't think so, they want to be sure they have something good in their rookie and may keep the frazzled veteran if only to have something else they know to back him up (why not, its the same amount of money either way, keep him).

This time next year, unless he rocks out loud he's gone though. he has to be unanimously better than Smith,not anywhere close or slightly below.

He's too much of an easy cut financially not too. If Smith is even so much as at Sanchez's level Mark's gone.

He has to prove he's worth the money he's owed if he stays.

so... yeah he's gone. (or at lest very likely gone)

10. Hobbes3259

Low standards? Pretty ignorant, since the Jets woukd owe him about12 mil, next year, plus the 4.5 prorated cap hit for bonus,

Maybe...just maybe....you could take your time to know what you are talking about.

If hes on the roster next year...they think hes worth 12 mil plus....

You must be donald fucking trump, if 12 mil for 16 games, isnt successful. Or maybe, youre just ignorant.

Guess that explains alot about what you know...doesnt it.

11. 1968jetsfan

I predict he'll be gone the trade deadline because of Sanchez's cap numbers next season, though granted he could be cut in the off season after the year at 0 cap hit but Idzik likes to try to get value for players rather than cut them for nothing.
    Sanchez's cap numbers for 2014 is 13.1 Million, he won't be around next season for that.

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

what the hell are the odds of that!?

I really don't consider myself an outright Sanchez hater, but my god no, how can he hope to play to that standard?

He should improve this year, but can he ever play well enough to convince the team that instead of taking the extra 8 mil in cap space they should be playing him?

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I disagree. Success means that he either

A: Wins a division title
    B: Goes 11-5 or greater
    C: Reaches at least the divisional round of the playoffs.

If Marty MM is such a savior and if Mark Sanchez is so ready for a rebound, these expectations aren't too high. Do you think he can do any one of these three things? If so, tell me right now.

14. 1968jetsfan

I've got a different measure of success as far as QB goes. Wins and such are Team efforts.

For me to consider A successful QB campaign regardless of team record.
    Around 60% completion ratio or higher. If it's Geno then the standard is a little bit lower but not much (rookie season mulligan) and by lower I mean 58-59%
    6 or fewer fumbles
    13 or fewer interceptions.
    at least 50% more TD's than picks. aka if 13 picks then 19-20 TD's.
    yards per attempt at least 6.8 or higher.

That would be a successful season in my eyes for a QB regardless of the team record, that would make them at least an NFL average QB, which is all that I'm asking for this season regardless of who is taking snaps.

Sanchez has never been close to any of those numbers, except for one season where he did essentially meet the TD to int ratio, He didn't quite reach it but one more TD or one less int and he would have.

Hell I'd be happy if either of them could reach even 3 or 4 out of the 5 goals this season.

15. 1968jetsfan

And yes by those standards Luck didn't have an average QB year, but he showed a lot of promise in his rookie year behind a very bad O-line..he'll have to show improvement in the next couple of years.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I can live with those numbers. I don't mind picks if you throw a lot of touchdowns with them. Good QB's throw picks, but they make it up...

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

does morningwood want the sanchez sucks thread to be a million posts over the next month? jeez louise

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

There can be more than one problem, you know that, right? The QB can suck even if the guy calling the plays sucks too? Its not an either or... It can include both.

Nice man. Let me guess, you got that from listening to Mayock on Geno overthrowing ONE out route at his proday? Amirite? Cmon Hobbes, I know your shit...

You tell people here not to listen to the shit the media puts out yet you let one quote on one throw [that didnt even happen in a game] dictate your entire opinion on a player.

Id certainly say that fair. Because as we know, a below average QB can make it to the playoffs and even reach an 11-5 record.

#58 laxin, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm so happy now

20. since83

since83 Member

Sounds like the NYJ's are trying to keep Sanchez's confidence up and spirits high. Let this coward man up. Stop protecting him.