Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah and the defense had nothing to do with those wins, right? Sanchez did it all himself..he played all 22 starting positions because that is the only way He is one of the 5 fastest to 30 wins.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

30 teams passed o. revis, too. Guess he sucks.

3. Hobbes3259

Right. When Sanchez wins..,its the team.when the team loses its Sanchez.

Weve got it Don.

You know what really pissed me off, Sanchez missing that tackle on Tebow, while he single handedly gave up that98 yard drive.

Almost as bad was Sanchez allowing Matt moore a 12 minute drive, and Six third down conversions against the Phags.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges, Revis did get traded, no other team beat the offer for Revis...Additonally Revis was coming in to a free agent year so could be a one year rental AND coming off an injury where noone was certain he would/will be 100% and the Jets were asking for at minimum a first round pick and no other team was willing to get in to that with the Bucs...AND he's a CB, not a QB.

The asking price for Sanchez is unknown, but it sure as hell wasn't a first or 2nd round pick...even the Bucs, who's QB either you or Junc said stinks, wouldn't take him as basically a throwin on a package for Revis...in fact when asked about it they did all but run away screaming at even the suggestion.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Whoa junior...I never said when we lose it's always on Sanchez but what I will say is if I'm starting a football team and I have my choice of a defense ranked 1,3,5 and 8 or a QB that will be ranked 28,27,23 and 31 I will take that defense every time..it's not rocket science.

6. 1968jetsfan

just to reinforce the idea that the more Sanchez does the more the Jets lose.
    In wins he averages 26 attempts per game
    In losses he averaged 33 attempts per game.

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

One wonders if you would take the offensive talent without the QB? Since it is one of the finer offensive squads in the league, I think that you probably would.

8. 1968jetsfan

More fun with numbers, and I'm using a sortable database and unfortunately it is only sortable by 2,3,5 or 10 years. So when I post these numbers bear in mind the the other players on the list have 1 more season of stats included than Sanchez.

Fumbles over the past 5 seasons.
    Sanchez ranks #3 with 42 fumbles in 62 games.
    #2 is Phillip Rivers with 45 in 80 games.
    #1 is Flacco with 47 in 80 games.

Translation, Sanchez is only 5 fumbles from #1 on the list and has 18 less games played.
    He's # 3 on fumbles lost as well, which statistically bears out since fumbles are roughly a 50/50 thing but sanchez has lost 20 fumbles lost in 62 games
    #2 is Big Ben who's been unlock on fumbles recovered, he's lost 21 in 71 games. #1 is Rivers with 23 lost fumbles in 80 games.

Over the past 5 season's, one of which Sanchez didn't play when you add everything up puts him at #3 on the turnover list, fumbles+interceptions. despite playing 18 less games than the #1 player, Philip Rivers. #2 Jay Cutler in 72 games....Sanchez would pretty much have to play totally turnover free football in 2013 to not be the #1 over that 5 year span.
    In the 3 year span guess what, He's #1, and that's excluding his 20 interception rookie season.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Dumb stats. When the Jets win under Ryan it is about ball control and field position that was how they were built to win. If we were throwing a lot it under ryan it meant things were going badly and we were behind or not dictating field position.

What I never here on this board is how we play offense helps the defense. The defense looks a lot better when you are playing field position.

10. Hobbes3259

Apparently it is. To quote the noted football observer, Giselle, He cant throw and catch the ball himself.

The organization drafted him, saddled him with a shit OC, and never drafted talent around him, instead gave veteran retreads on a one year time frame. Hardly yhey key for building an offense, yet..,the guy progressed each of his first three years.

11. Hobbes3259

P.S. a little Pamprin, for the pmsing on the Snacks snatch.

so, lets get on with the happy recap.

Snacks, was covering a running back....OUT IN SPACE..to wit, out in the flat.
    Throwing the pick is bad, but apparently it wasnt the Bubby Brister move the tweet made it out to be.

Even more telling, that theres an agenda for the media,is that not one beat reporter actually bothered to describe the play.

So, it goes like this....

Sanchez sucks. (until Geno gets in, then hes going to get the "not ready for prime time" treatment")

The Jets are a circus.

The New GM is already screwed up (goodson,Garrard) never mind that he got his players and hit the lotto, when smith fell to 39...

Woody blows too.

Given the fact that so many take these charlatans at face value, its no wonder threads like this are contentious,

In 31 other media markets, the story would have been....DAMN, did you see that Nose tackle covering a back out in space, and grabbing the INT????????

Only in NY. Fucking pathetic

/rant.

#9371 Hobbes3259, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

there seems to be a lacking sense of reliability with Mark.

Sure theres that point where more pass attempts means more desperate circumstances... but how are other QB's in these scenarios?

Not every game has to be won with the deep ball and heroic efforts from the QB, you can win with 20 something throws, good time management and overall good performances from everybody.

But there does seem to be a stigma with Sanchez that you have to limit him to make him work, and if he has to carry you, odds are you won't get much positive from him.

I have thought for a while that he is pretty much a game manger at best, a cog QB not a difference maker unless circumstances are ripe. I'm now questing if this acceptable in the long term, holding on the thought that yes he should be on roster this year regardless.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

as we know any QB can win w/ the all time great talent we had in 2009 & 2010:rofl2:

No, he played like that all year b/c he didn't want to be here. When it got cold he basically quit.

We had the easiest sched known to man and no Brady to worry about. Even w/ Favre at 50%(he was probably closer to 90%) we should have won 13 games that year.

They are fantasy stats, it's blind rankings. Who cares that we stat padded against SL and Ari in 2008? when it mattered most where was the great pass game? when it mattered most in '09 and '10 our QB got it done.

14. Hobbes3259

While thats pretty interesting....Its also true, that Flacco, and Sanchez have a combined 5 AFCCG appearances. So...maybe...rhe fumble issue is a tad overrated. Which is not to say ots acceptable, but it a combination of poor mechanics (not having two hands on the ball) and OL failure....but at the end of the day, its not (apparently) a season killer.

Secondly, theres no denying Sanchez turns it over too much..,but to deny 2012 was an abberation is dishonest. And his 2011 numbers were good, though the results were not.

And thats really my issue in all of this.

For everything the team hasnt done, Sanchez has been on some level...successful. And..,fwiw, come up in big spots, to get those playoff wins.

Contrast that with the defensive failures, that have occurred, while putting up stats...and getting the lions share of high round draft picks...

To think that Geno Smith, is the answer because hes not Mark Sanchez, is kind of absurd.

The offense is a failure, because the organization has never built one to last.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So when you turn your TV on on Sundays you really consider Mark Sanchez an asset? He is part of what excites you and makes you optimistic about games?

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Up until this moment, Sanchez has sucked. I cannot understand how anyone can argue that.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

folks that know the game argue it b/c he didn't suck until 2012. We cannot argue he sucked in 2012(though we know there were other factors involved) but he certainly didn't suck 2009-2011.

18. 1968jetsfan

You failed to bolden the most important part of what Rex said after the Snack attack quote (I kinda hope he makes it as a starter now, Snack attack could be a great catch phrase, but I digress).

" But, yes, it was disappointing. That’s one, you just have to throw it away. If it’s not there, weigh the positives and minuses of that and I prefer that he gets rid of it, throws the ball away or runs with it."

And that encompasses about 80% of Sanchez's problem, he either does't recognize the play or think the play through as it's occuring. Either way it leads to bad decisions. And that right there after 4 years is what keeps Sanchez from being an acceptable QB that you can trust to run an offense without keeping him on a tight leash.

19. 1968jetsfan

Problem with your statement is with all of Mark's turnovers the field position game goes out the window. Be a league leader in turnovers for the time that you've been in the league and you can't play field position game.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Trust me man, I really liked Sanchez, but after a while its time to move on. I'll give you that he didn't completely suck, but I will not say that he was ever great or even that good. He was always decent. He was never consistent, he did come up with some plays at times, but he also did really bad plays.

You can't argue that his success came when he had talent all around the team.

I wouldn't want anything else other than for Mark to step up, but by step up, he would have to be a lot better than he was all of his first 3 years, because with him playing like he did those 3 years, you wouldn't get anywhere without a top run game and a top defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.