Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

A competent offense can score two touchdowns.

It was still early in the game, and Sanchez did diddly shit. I don't believe he even completed 10 passes that game against Seattle

We had the ball in our hands against Houston and guess what happened...come on...guess.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You are damn right about me. I can't read and I'm just an average fan, but if Geno is as bad as Mark Sanchez, I'll advocate replacing him too.

Oh and it's been 4 years not 2.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

-Denver's offense scored 3 points up to that point and it was because TJ conley shanked a punt and gave DEN the ball at the Jets 34. It gave Denver 7/17 points they scored. It was backbreaking. We were up 10-3 in the that game, and by your terms, we were dominating Denver until that. It fits your criteria. Backbreaking for the Jets to give a Denver team a free 7 points.

-Pitt, I agree that's why I put fumble in quotes. I think it's incomplete. The fumble vs the FG we scored later vs not fumbling is a 4 point difference. 4 points is huge in that game. It fits the criteria.

-The fumble lost us the game. I would say that's more crushing than being down 3 at halftime of the game.

-The players didn't know it was meaningless while being played. It was a brutal pick.

-It's a game. It happened. Sanchez made terrible decision. Why does it matter we weren't going anywhere (even though we were in the playoff race at that point)

-Doesn't matter we got back in, we gave them 14 points on two backbreaking plays. The defense held NO to 3 points until those back to back plays. Sparked them.

A lot of turnovers are as "crushing" as the 99 yard TD because they happened late in the game and well really ruined some great defensive performances to that point. That defense has gone through seeing great defensive performances being hurt because the offense gives up 7 points like candy on halloween.

4. displacedfan

You called the INT as good as a punt even though punts occur on 4th down not 2nd down, and a good punt doesn't take away a chance at 3 points, and good punt doesn't miss a wide open receiver in the checkdown on 2nd down. It was like a good punt if you only look at where NE got the ball. If you look at game situation, not a good punt.

Easy test, would you like Rex punting on 2nd and 8 on the NE 34? The answer is no. That's what the pick did.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well, this is quite the revelation. It takes having a good team to win. Who woulda thunk it.....

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we didn't have a competent offense.

as usual late in games our D melted. They dominated Den's O all game long, the INT was in the 3rd qtr. They then shut down on the next 3 possessions as our O gave us the lead back BUT on the final possession taking over at their 5 they went 95 yds for the TD. They couldn't even hold them to a FG and OT, they allowed them to go 95 yds for the GW TD.

4 pt difference IF we hold Pitt's O down which we hadn't been able to do in the 1st half. Pitt would have had good FP w/ 2 TOs and plenty of time to at least get in FG range.

We had a blitzer come in untouched, if the D doesn't allow a last minute FG in regulation we win, if they don't allow a FG on NE's first possession of OT we don't lose w/ that fumble.

Brutal pick but the team had clearly given up.

99% of these examples are from 2012 where we know he was brutal as was the rest of the team.

Very few are as crushing as that Cruz TD which deflated us and ignited a SB run. w/o that play there's a great chance we make the playoffs and the Giant would have been out.

7. nyjunc

at no point did I say I was glad he threw the INT, I said looking back it was LIKE a good punt. We pinned NE inside their 5 and eventually got it back and kicked a FG which is likely the best we would have done anyway except if we kicked it on the INT drive NE gets better FP and plenty of time so they likely find a way to score.

#9207 nyjunc, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  8. displacedfan

Great team in Sanchez's case. That's the worrisome part. Usually a great QB can hide an average OL or average running game or defense. We had top 6 OL, ST, and D in 2009. You think we get that next year? I think no.

That means we need Sanchez to perform better than he has throughout his career with less talent than he had in 2009 or 2010. Tough battle for him. Better QBs can hide a top 15 OL or top 15 defense. If we need a top 10 running game or top 5 defense for Sanchez to succeed, you can replace Sancez with most QBs in the league and they will look good.

Sanchez has that challenge this year. We need him to be great without the overall team being excellent. QBs do this quite often

9. Murrell2878

We didn't have a great team. We had a good team, and Sanchez was every bit a part of that team's success as everyone else.

10. nyjunc

People act like we had the '89 Niners around Sanchez, it's amazing.

11. displacedfan

We are talking crushing here, or about the defense? The offense gave a team that drove for 0 points 7 free points. I'm saying that's crushing. Is it crushing or not to throw a pick 6 on a team you know struggles to score? I say crushing.

Pitt called 2 timeouts in the 2nd quarter. If they called a TO immediately after a Sanchez sack, they would have had 0 timeouts left with okay field position and about 1:10 left. If they don't call a TO, then 40 seconds left. You should relook at that gamelog. More likely, the game is 17-0. Steve also averaged 39 yards on punts that game when not trying to coffin corner PITT. So it's not some 100% guarantee they score. It's not even likely as PITT killed us on the ground and they wouldn't have had time to run on us there.

Yes, but we are talking crushing, not how the D played. A fumble just lost you the game, crushing from my perspective.

The team gave up down 6 on the Miami 10 with 3 minutes left? But then after that pick they went and scored 7 quick points and then attempted an onside kick. Now on top of knowing when a team is crushed, you know when they give up?

4 out of my 8 examples were from before the year 2012. 5 out of my 8 examples were from before the 2012-2013 season. Yet you somehow got 99% from that??? You might want to recheck that calculator you are using :)

Pitt, Bal, NO, DEN are all outside of the year 2012. Miami is year 2012 but 2011 season.

I'm not saying you were glad.

It wasn't though once you actually look at the game. Again, is a punt good if you punt on 2nd and 8 from the NE 34? I say no. That's what the pick did. A pick like a good punt is the one Sanchez had against CLE in OT. This was on 2nd not 3rd down, with a wide open receiver, and in FG range

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A good QB with a top 10 running game and a top 5 defense wins 12-14 games. That's the point.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

14. Br4d

Well then how does the defense practice?

It's a conundrum.

The Scout team situation during the season is a bit different but all off-season it's the offense and the defense doing what they do.

15. displacedfan

I agree he is part of that success, especially in 2010. 100% agree, although 2009 I think the door is open to argue that Sanchez is replaceable with a QB who can protect the ball and we are as successful in 2009.

In 2009, we had a top 6 OL, ST, and defense. I'm calling that a great team not just a good team.

For reference I think like this

Elite
    Excellent
    Great
    Good
    Average
    Ehh
    Bad
    Terrible

So there was room for the 2009 team to improve, but it was a very favorable situation to be placed it and a type of talent level and production we probably aren't getting anytime soon from our team that is rebuilding.

We need to be able to win with some average units out there and we haven't seen that with Sanchez yet, and this coming season the talent level on paper isn't near close to 2009 or 2010. Maybe everyone shocks me and we have a top 6 everything, but there are going to be average units on the field and Sanchez is going to have to play better, not revert back to his bad habits. From our 4 year sample, when a unit struggles or plays not a top level, Sanchez gets worse. We need him to play better regardless of the struggle because there are going to be struggles next year.

I want him to succceed, I just think he has less talent than he had in 2009 and 2010 and he's going to need to play better than he ever has in his career to say on this team after next season. Uphill battle meaning he will need to produce with an average unit here and there, not all of a sudden panic and revert to his bad,rookie habits

16. displacedfan

17. Murrell2878

A good QB doesn't win 12-14 games. Only the great ones would get us 12-14 wins. We had an All-Time great QB in 2008 w/ virtually the same talent and we didn't win 12-14 games.

18. nyjunc

some are more crushing than others, TOs happen almost every game, sometimes they are brought back for TDs. How often do we see 99 yd TDs EVER let alone on 3rd and 10.

My mistake, they had 1 TO so they would have had about 1:15 secs and 1 TO from around their 40 yd line. That's much more than enough time.

Weatherford was awful in the playoffs, it's why we let him go. He had 1 or 2 good punts that postseason. He had a 29 yarder from our 33 so he wasn't trying to coffin corner anything there.

The team looked lifeless all day at Miami, they had a 21 play drive against us. The only reason we were in it was b/c of how bad Miami was.

Pitt and Den were debunked. NO was the 4th game of his career and we were in that game in the 4th so it wasn't crushing. Bal was crushing so one example pre 2012.

It was actually like a great punt putting them inside their 5. It's the reason we held them to no points. Obviously I would have preferred to get the first down and have a chance to score a TD. That Cle INT was also like a great punt, it set up the GW TD pass. we were in LONG FG range at NE, if we miss NE has great FP.

who cares about reg season wins? we weren't beating out NE anyway, you'd rather win 12 games and lose in first playoff game than 11 games and win 2 playoff games? Den 2012 had the #2 D and #4 O and couldn't win a playoff game. It's great they won 13 games but w/o playoff success does it really matter?

19. Br4d

Rex's defense does different things than virtually any other defense on earth. It sends a ton of edge rushers from odd angles. It lines people up in one place and then floods other areas of the field making reads hard to handle because a space that was looking completely overloaded at the snap will be vacant a second later. It presses on the outside WR's a large number of snaps compared to most defenses.

The mechanisms a player develops to handle pressure are different against Rex's defense than against any other defense. As an example, Sanchez throws way too many deflections between the ends and gets picked off byinterior players more than any Jet QB in recent history. Where does the pressure come from on those plays? The interior of the line, the place where the Jets themselves have been deficient in getting pressure.

When you train your QB to look for overloads outside and respond to those it's no surprise that he has trouble with pressure up the middle.

20. nyjunc

didn't make the playoffs either w/ a weaker sched and no Tom Brady to deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.