Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I had just about forgotten how lousy we looked on offense last year.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

I was just asking, because Bradford had 1 season with Schotty, and had one solid receiver (Amendola) who is an oft injured UDFA that has bounced around teams. If you look outside of Amendola, the Rams had nothing. No TE, hardly any receivers, and an aging/injured Steven Jackson. Oh yeah, and Bradford played behind an absolutely horrible offensive line. The defense was not good, hardly average if you look at other than the stats.

So what am I getting at? You clearly think very lowly of Bradford... yet In one year with Schotty, Bradford played better than Sanchez did in three years. I will definitely give Sanchez the fact that he had the "gamer" thing going for him where he could make some comebacks... but there's no denying that passing yards, completions, TDs and low turnovers greatly influence the outcome of games. Bradford was better than Sanchez at everything except for TDs, but was much lower in turnovers (only 14 compared to Mark's 26). Bradford also took a team that has as little all around (including defense) talent as there is in the NFL and was a field goal away from being 8-8. Its not leading a team to the playoffs, but certainly solid considering the Rams went 2-14 the year before.

And I wasnt even going to bring up the defenses... but as Beastbeach noted, offenses vs defenses is how football works. Mark Sanchez played a much worse defense than Bradford did. Just because Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, it sure as hell doesnt mean he's better than them. It is in fact a team game, ya know.

Mainly, I was just seeing your stance on Bradford... and be it as I figured, it shows that you a clearly biased to Mark Sanchez as a person/player and cant look at it objectively even if you are led to the conclusion. If Bradford had Mark's defense and supporting cast, we are probably playoff contenders as well during that time frame. Its clearly all hypothetical, but Bradford did well enough in the same offense Sanchez played in, yet you view them on totally different levels- so much that you laughed at the thought.

Well that doesnt matter I suppose because the defense played poorly as well. To be as fair as possible, Sanchez did "rush" for 3 TDs over those 4 games... but he did also lose 3 fumbles. Either way you look at it, he didnt play well. It was an entire team collapse, and that includes Sanchez as much as it does the defense.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Oh I won't say the defense played flawlessly and doesn't deserver part of the blame, but lets be real, when on about 70% of possessions the offense is 3 and out or 4 and out the defense is getting gassed. The time of possesion gets skewed because of the 3 or 4 drives longer than 20 yards the Jets ate a LOT of clock which balanced possession out, but the fact remains that in the least 4 games Sanchez turnovers led directly to around 28 points, give or take a little, and on only one of those did the opposition have to drive more than 15 yards to score. In short the defense was on the field alot and if your offense is that inept over 80% of the game it puts ALOT of pressure on the defense. Especially when the defense takes the ball away from the other team 4 times, like the eagles game, and the offense basically gives it right back to them either off a turnover or 3 and out.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This isn't an excuse for Sanchez but I think practicing against Rex's defense is a terrible way to prepare an offense for the season. Rex has made a living making opposing QB's, often very good ones, look silly. You don't want to prepare the Jet's offense to face the only defensive schemes in the NFL that they will never see during the season.

Baltimore had a terrible time developing their young QB's until Flacco came along and Rex left after that season to coach the Jets.

Practice is important but having the Jet's offense practicing against a 34/46 hybrid gives them no practical experience they can carry into the season since nobody else runs that look.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They don't run that scheme in practice.

I mean, they wouldn't, would they?

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yes. I remember reading several times over the years about how bad the D made him look in practice. Seeing lesser defenses should have encouraged him, but he possesses such a fragile confidence that it had a negative effect, instead. Being impressed with the way Mark ordered dinner for everyone when they recruited him really should not have been a major feather in Mark's cap. Waiters may be annoying sometimes but they do not blitz.

7. 1968jetsfan

it's early in the preseason workouts, so I'm not reading much in to anything right now....
    but....its' not a good start for a QB who's biggest knock is not taking care of the ball.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And I forgot to lol @ "blowing out" the Redskins. Anybody who watched that game knows that that game was still in question until late into the 4th Q and then there were a couple pile on scores at the end fueled by a forced fumble and a failed onside kick. But congrats to Sanchez on beating his peer, Rex Grossman.

#9148 BeastBeach, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Good examples of Sanchez messing up, but that Eagles game was on Holmes and Wayne Hunter than Mark Sanchez.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

stop acting like an average fan and start posting your own opinions then we wouldn't have this issue.

100%? really? I seem to recall leading in the game then our "great" D allowing MATT MOORE to lead a TWENTY ONE play, 12 1/2 minute, 94 yd drive to take the lead into the 4th qtr. Clearly this was the fault of Mark Sanchez and the offense.

against the Giants AGAIN w/ a lead the D really bailed him out by allowing a 99 yd TD pass on 3rd and 10 from the NYG 1 so instead of getting the ball near midfield and likely getting at least a FG to go up 10-3 they were trailing 10-7 but it's all on mark.

The D was torched against Philly, you are going to blame him? Holmes had the big fumble for the TD then had a good pass bounce off his hands that was picked- that's Mark's fault? The D allowed 38 pts but they played a heck of a game!

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ummmm...really. You. An look up Rexsmquote about leaving the offense alone rhis year yourself.

Tecnically, Woody is Sanchez boss according tp your logic.

12. 1968jetsfan

Yes Junc, 100%, the Jets lost that game by 2 points, 2! 9 of the points the other team scored were fieldgoals that came directly off of Sanchez Turnovers where the Defense only allowed a TOTAL of 12 yards, that's 4 yards allowed on average after each turnover. Sanchez doesn't turn the ballover just once, JUST once out of the 3 times and the Jets win that game.

The Jets Defense gave up 10 points, 10! where they could control the field position, they gave up 1, ONE big drive, yet yeah in your delusional mind it was the defense that lost the game.

Talk about taking a score out of context, the defense gave up 10 point's, Sanchez gave the Fins 9 points!.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Come on, actually talk straight up. QBs play against the defense of the other team, not other QBs. Two QBs never see the field at the same time until they shake hands!

And taking your logic, Tim Tebow is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. Joe Flacco is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. Mike Vick is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. Matt Moore is 2-1 vs Mark Sanchez. Jason Campbell is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. Jack Locker is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. Alex Smith is undefeated vs Mark Sanchez. So they all clearly beat Mark head to head? Such a silly argument that flies in the face of logic.

Once QBs start playing two ways and kicking field goals maybe I can buy this QB vs QB nonsense.

14. 1968jetsfan

But yeah Junc, it's the defenses fault the Offense seldom managed more than 2 or 3 drives of 20 yards or more, that's only 2 or 3 drives with more than 1 first down. Most of the posessions were 3 and out or 4 and out. But yeah, the defense lost the games.

Yes the 99 yard TD pass against the giants bit, and was a horrible play by the defense, but that does not excuse 4 quarters of miserable offense from Sanchez in any of those last 4 games of 2011.

That's 4 miserable quarters per game.

15. Hobbes3259

Im glad you brought this up. I gave this a bit of thought yesterday.., Two points...

First...while I agreee that they wont see the scheme, I disagree with tour take on its efficacy,they should get broken in in Shock and Awe style. Make rhem Battle Hardened now....

And...secondly....if this is the largest media market in the world, how come we have such crappy beat writers?

16. Hobbes3259

How many losing seasons has Sanchez had...?

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

That Dolphins game was undoubtedly majority on Sanchez.

-With 16 seconds left in the half and a chance to get a fg and go into halftime up 13-3, or just 10-3 at worst, Sanchez throws a pick to a defensive lineman. Phins don't even move the ball and kick a fg to go into half down 10-6

-With Miami leading 13-10 (after junc's "the drive" by Matt Moore) with still 10 min left in the game, Sanchez has the ball near midfield. Throws a pick to Starks, again! Phins move the ball a whopping 3 yards and kick a fg to go up 16-10

-Sanchez leads a good 5 min drive, only to throw a stupid red zone pick. After a good return by the 3rd string LB who picked the ball, Phins move the ball another whopping 9 yards to kick a FG to go up 19-10

After the game was nearly in the bag, Sanchez leads a TD drive to make the final score look closer and then the onside kick fails.

So clearly this loss is on the D for allowing that one drive and then that damn special teams for not recovering the onside at the end. If only Sanchez could have thrown more good punts!

#9157 BeastBeach, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  18. 1968jetsfan

Who do you think makes the final roster choices? MM may be in charge of the plays run, MM may have great influence on who starts, but RR and JI have the call of who's on the roster and who's not, and since both of those people are MM"s boss you'd better bet your ass that he'll be listening to them.

19. Hobbes3259

One guy wins. One guy loses. In the case of St.Louis, I am not the guy that brought up Bradford, laxin did.

I threw the end paragraph in, to point out that Bradford, in that game...looked like everything you guys bitch about Sanchez for.

And his OC, should know Rexs defense cold.

You could have stopped reading at "Bradford had an average year"

20. 1968jetsfan

2, and he's basically a .500 QB in his starts....the only winning seasons he had were when the jets had a top 10 running game and a top 5 defense. Lacking those he's been a sub .500 QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.