17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You are "The Man."

#17581 Section 227. Row 5, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 you are THE MAN along with 17A and a few others -----!

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Last year I raised hell on the phone a few times. Anytime I got emails about renewing I told them I didn't want those seats. They ended up taking the seats off my account and a few weeks later I got a call offering me new seats. Took a while. I wasn't concerned though since I hated my old seats. Not sure if you feel the same way but if walking doesn't concern you then you might be better off. The Jets used the line what I wanted they couldn't give me. They may be telling the truth or they could be bluffing.

4. Section 227. Row 5

I do believe it does depend on timing and a little bit of luck. I kinda figured getting an upgrade from Row 2 (10-yd line) was going to be tough... they told me so many times.

But on the morning Roberto called I stuck to my guns, figuring, "Okay, maybe I will be able to get Row 2 but on the 25, and instead he calls me back and tells me Row 1 on the 40... I nearly fell off my chair.

He claimed "someone dropped out and these just opened up. One of my colleagues heard me on the phone with you and said they just got released."

I don't really know what happened but it did seem very odd that he called me back within minutes after telling me nothing was available. So maybe he was telling the truth or maybe these were seats that had been set aside for so long... the ones they were holding back on when everyone with seniority was trying to get good seats in the uppers. If this was the case, maybe his "colleague" needed my Row 2s for somebody else wanting an upgrade and they just decided to let some of teh Row 1s go.

We'll never know. And I am grateful for these new seats (finally!), believe me, but the entire process and everything they put all of us through has been inexcusable.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my momma didnt raise no dummy

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dont kid yourself. they just wanted to bust your balls and then when they realized you were serious then and only then did they bother to get serious.. and that is the reason why so many people dont give a fuck anymore.

there is just no loyalty or anyone who cares to do the right thing. instead they force nice people to be assholes and threaten them in order to get what they deserve.

what i would give for woody and the asshole wilpons and the asshole dolans to be on a boat together just floating around teh bermuda triangle for a few months.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh stop please. It was 10 X worse in the 80's and 90's in the upper deck. It was like the south bronx back then. For night games, or popular teams, jet fans gave up there seats and sold them to young kids who drank in the lot for 5 hrs. Geez, I had a crappy egg sandwich this morning, I am blaming Woody. Sorry, the problem was the roll so I am blaming Idzik.

#17587 sec314, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think it depends what part of the upper deck are we talking. I sat in the upper deck from 1991-2009 in the old place and from 2010-present in the new place. The first two seasons in the new place I sat in row 15 and it was a disaster up there. Fights non stop and on two occasions I feared that the people could fall onto me. There are plenty of problems in the new place they just seem to occur more from rows 15 and up since there are less season ticketholders there.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Let's all hope the "upgrades" and relocations and people threatening to cancel and then getting better seats results in a more enjoyable Upper Deck in rows 12 and under. In other words, more fans interested in watching the game and less interested in starting shit.

Let the animals roam free in the higher seats. I don't care as long as they don't bring it down where I am. I have grandkids now who I want to bring, and I don't want them going back to the "old days" and witnessing hockey-style free-for-alls.

As far as 314s comments about the old days, yeah it was worse back then, especially b/c you had the drugs going on too. So you had people out of their minds (and I was one of them from time to time), but that was out of control and we needn't use that as a standard or base.

As I am aging now and wanting to bring my brand new little Jets-fan grandkids, I for one would like to see ZERO tolerance for the assholes who want to bring it to the stands. Arrest them and charge them with assault and battery, resisting arrest and anything else you can throw at them and then make them appear in court and have a police record to deal with.

There is no reason why, in today's society, we need to excuse assault and battery just because, "Oh well, it's a football game, so you expect a little of that." Bullshit. It's still a public place and you wouldn't get away with punching the shit out of somebody at a train station or outside a library. Fuck it. Throw the book at them. (Easy for me to say today, after all the wild oats I sowed "back in the day").

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Everywhere. We want the pumpkin

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hope you are correct. I am all for real fans in the better seats and bringing my 14 year old daughter to the game and not be embarrassed. Then again, I don't want it to turn into Times Square either..... NY Disney World. A little NY sense of humor is needed, going to a jet game is the first time I cursed in front of the old man

#17591 sec314, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think you are in a little bitty minority that still purchases STs. IMHO U R also in la-la NYJ land concerning the unruly fans staying up there in row 15 or higher. I really think you should sit your self down in a quiet corner & think out the NYJs today, this season & for at least the next 5 seasons if you can do that. Maybe then you will realize that you are just wasting your money on STs year after year no matter if they are on the 40 yd UD FR seats :sad:

13. Section 227. Row 5

Thank you for your input. Your intelligent, insightful contributions to the board are always an inspiring source of wisdom and knowledge.

14. championjets69

Happy U appreciated my advice :sad:

15. Section 227. Row 5

This man is the Board King of baiting people.

And the Master Baiter has spoken.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

The worst story yet was the 9/11 10 year anniversary game vs the Cowboys some asshole brought in a taser and used it. He got probation for the entire thing. I was hoping he'd get a year in prison minimum for it.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I'd like to have an online taser and use it on a few board members.

18. baamf

baamf Active Member

Well, haven't paid the bill yet. Love the seats but the price for the four just doesn't seem worth it with all the BS we have to put up with. Not sure if I'm going to call them today or not, we'll see. I can't imagine not being in the stadium on opening day, but I guess the two really are independent of each other. There is always the secondary market. What to do...

More importantly for 227 and all you other veterans out there, thank you and enjoy your weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX4Flhw0HSA

19. championjets69

Just think somebody was way smarter then U by giving up the tix U secured. He is no longer pissing away 5K a year! :sad:

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just paid my seats. could get the 6 stacked like i need.alot of 4 together in the 5th row but i want all 6 together.and stacked not 6 in 1 row. im ok with my decision. and do believe there isnt anything better than my 2 in row 6 and 4 in row 7 both on the aisle.