Geno not ready...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, May 16, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Idzik was shopping the best defensive player in the NFL. 30 teams, said no thanks. So what?

Idzik could have made a play for a dozen healthy QBs before the draft and brought in a cripple. He could have gone after Matt Flynn, but didnt.

According to the Sanchez sucks crowd, Sanchez, is not an asset, but a liability, so youve undercut your own post.

And if its a tie, they go with Sanchez, because they will be starting two new guards, you arent sacrificing Smith to ansuspect offensive line.

Smith would have to play lights out, and Sanchez would have to p,ay like Sparano was still here for it to go your way.

It may....but I wouldnt bet lunch money on it.

The facts, as they stand...is Sanchez, is somewhayt pf an unkown quantity, that is costing you a good amount of cash. Unless you believe, he is the sole reason Schotty got parted, and Sparano is no longer an OC.
    Im not assuming hes starting, because of his salary, hes the better player, today. That may not be true in 5 weeks, or 10, though I think its probably so.

Your really bad assumtion is that Sanchez is sunk money no matter what. He is spent money. Its only sunk money if you waste it. He plays, under MM andl plays well..he is a bargain. Then you have two valuable assets.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

I didnt know that you could start over 70 games in the NFL and still be an unknown. Thats news to me. Maybe in 3 years we will finally know what kind of player Sanchez is... But it might actually take longer though

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

To the contrary, you can't undercut the value of a QB that already has no value on the Market. But when/if an injury happens to a starting QB somewhere in the league and they don't feel they have an adequate backup there will be a team offering something for him, most likely a 6th or 7th round pick, but something is better than nothing.

Actually if it's a tie it probably goes to Smith, he's more mobile and much more of a running threat than Sanchez, though he's still primarily a pocket passer, and Sanchez has shown to be very very gunshy when he's getting a pass rush. A weak offensive line is even more reason to go with Geno over Sanchez if TC and pre-season are close.

RE idzik signing a cripple, yep..but with the cap space being what it is, and the 9 million cap hit for trading revis, there wasn't much cap space to accomidate a higher tier QB, especially if they cut or trade Sanchez...you remember cap space don't you?

Sanchez is an unknown? hardly, again...over the lasts two seasons #1 in turnovers, over the last 3 seasons #1 in fumbles, over the last 4 seasons top 5, and probably top 3 if not top 1 or 2, in total turnovers and fumbles.
    A QB who only once in his career has thrown fewer than 18 interceptions despite playing in an offense that kept what he had to do to a minimum. Only exceed 20 TD's once in 4 years, never having completed more than 57% of his passes in any season, having a career best 72% completion rate for passes behind the line of scrimmage, the NFL average is around 80%. Only once being above 60%(62%) on passes of 1-10 yards, the NFL average is close to 70%.

Every front office in the league know's what Sanchez is, so do the Jets, he's far from an unknown.

Sunk money is sunk money, regardless of the eventual return. It's gone regardless of if he plays or not, it's gone whether he's on the team or cut or traded. Money is no longer part of the equation, it would be if Sanchez had big guarenteed money for 2-5 years, but he doesn't, it's this year, and if he's cut or traded this year he's little or no cap hit next year. If he's still on the roster after this season he has a 13 million dollar cap value and 5 million if he's cut. So yes, there are very valid money reasons to trade or cut Sanchez this year.

Again, I'm not predicting who will win the QB competition, but I am saying that Mark is vulnerable and very replaceable, if it's even close to even in tc and pre-season I'd bet a months of lunch money he gets the nod.

4. 1968jetsfan

I had to laugh reading this, kudos.

5. 1968jetsfan

Follow up on the cap numbers, according to overthecap.com the Jets are sitting right around 123million right now, like i said, there just wasn't money to go after a higher tier qB this season.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Bingo.

filler.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Doesn't it cost us 12.4 or so to get rid of Sanchez...?

8. 1968jetsfan

As a cut I don't think the Jets can, but we are now getting in to where money will be paid and money will start getting prorated. Additionally if Sanchez is traded the cap hit will be less since the team he was traded to would take on his guarenteed money for this season, which is a big part of the cap hit. In a trade, assuming the other team picked up the full amount due this season, they could have saved money in a trade. But in a straight out cut it would have cost the team more to cut him than keep him. Which is why the Jets were looking for a trade of Sanchez, it would have saved them cap space.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they might get more interest if they throw in a few of the blonds off the flight crew roster....and about $6 million of el taco's cap bill....:eek:hmy:

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hes never had a decent OC. Thats what makes your argument fail. You knew exactly what I meant but rather than dispute the point by telling us what great coaching hes had...you troll.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Troll? Oh c'mon now. After a statement like that, what do you expect? If you expect people to not laugh in your face for saying that Sanchez is still an unknown after 4 years in the NFL, then you are out of your mind.

I honestly do not know what you meant, because I dont know how you can say that someone who's played in the NFL for FOUR seasons, is still an unknown. I dont care what kind of coaching he has had, what injustice the organization has done to him... It doesnt take much to see how the rest of his career is going to pan out.

Barring some miracle, he is in fact a known quantity... and that known quantity isnt something good. He is not a franchise QB.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Any time there's an early round QB picked, the curiosity to go ahead and "get on with it" becomes irresistible among fans. The anticipation of wondering what he can do if he has all the reps in practice is overwhelming.

13. 1968jetsfan

70% of the QB's in the NFL dont' have Great OC's
    50% or so probably dont have decent OC's, but they still peform better and more consistantly on a daily basis.

14. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

There is NOTHING in the entire fucking world unknown about Sanchez. He is the worst fucking QB in the NFL and people wanting him to start again is completely bewildering as fuck.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

What do you think of Sam Bradford?

16. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

lol. Sam Bradford still got good numbers with no name receivers.

17. 1968jetsfan

Funny how the Rams offense and Sam Bradford had one of their better years in the last few years under Schotty..Granted Bradford hasn't shown to be elite at this point, but 3 years in he's had a higher completion percentage more yards substantially fewer turnovers and substantially fewer fumbles.

I'd trade Sanchez for Bradford hands down without even thinking about it ;) but the Rams wouldn't.