Brian McIntyre: Dee Milliner fires his agents after falling out of the Top 5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nycztonee, May 17, 2013.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When you play for a no name school like Alabama and a no name coach you have to expect your agent to make the 32 NFL GM's and scouting departments know that you are a top 5 pick.

It may well be the agent sent VHS tapes to the 32 teams instead of Beta?

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my first impression of dee is that he is a bit of a tard and dim witted. the kid could barely talk at the draft.

lets hope he isnt as stupid as he appears. i dont really care that he fired his agent, but if he did in fact fire him because he wasnt drafted in the top 5.... well that speaks volumes to my point that he is an idiot.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The other reason to go to a Mets game is to see a game at a decent price. I don't know if relative ticket prices have changed recently but the last time I was comparing them, along about 2009, the Yankees cost about twice as much to get in the door.

I priced out a trip for 6 to Yankee stadium at $600 and just under $300 for similar seats at Citi Field, which was brand spanking new.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I think NFL scouts are relying on their own evaluations and not reading PFW to make draft picks. This evaluation had legs with the media, but I doubt NFL scouts gave it a second thought. In any event, I am thrilled Smith dropped to the Jets in the 2nd round and don't care why. I suspect it had more to do with not many teams really needing a QB after the veteran merry-go-round that took place before the draft putting Alex Smith in KC, keeping Vick in Philly, Oakland trading for Flynn, and Arizona taking Palmer. Buffalo just liked Manuel better.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Libel? Slander? :lol:

Sadly, this is what happens when you go pre-law at a community college.

Geno was drafted exactly where he should have been and we reaped the benefits of that. He's going to be a player in this league and he just might be the franchise QB we've been waiting for--we can only keep our fingers crossed.

But he went 39th because that's where he deserved to go--the only ones who should get sued are fans that think GMs/professional scouts/career football people can be swayed by what some hacks write to sell a rag magazine.

Nobody in an NFL front office is looking to Mel Kiper or Todd McShay or Mike Mayock or this Nawrocki character to help set up their draft board.

_

6. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

so in other words, EVERY team passed him up once, and some teams twice(Jets passed him up twice too). I think that alone says quite a bit about his play. Yes, not many teams were looking for a qb but, if there is a legitimate franchise qb available at your pick, you take him regardless of needs. Be it for trade bait or grooming for the future.

I also think the Jets got him at a good spot. Time will tell so we`ll have to wait. He`s gonna need some serious mentoring and learning before "franchise" gets added to his name.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly. IMHO he was easily the best QB in this draft class--better than EJ Manuel--but it was an average class and I think the league as a whole (except Buffalo) decided not to overdraft the position this year as is its want.

If teams were in love with the guy he would have gone in the first round or someone would have moved up to the first few picks on day 2, but they didn't.

The market told you what his draft value was.

The fact that he "dropped" to us was incredibly fortunate--they guy has a world of talent. Great arm, athletic, accurate, mobile. All that diva stuff sounds like BS, his interviews since the draft have sounded fantastic.

Could be our franchise QB for the next 10 years. Hopefully MM develops this kid and we stop drafting D-lineman every year and surrond him with some offensive talent and playmakers.

We really REALLY need a tall athletic TE to give him an outlet.

_

#47 JStokes, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Please tell me you are joking?

Montana was the last pick of the 3RD round and Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall - 6th fucking round!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!111

EDIT: When you are drafted in those positions you hope to make the active roster, not worry about how much you "slid"

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You are joking, right? I saw an interview with Brady before this past season where he was discussing his draft day and how he waited and waited and he cried - literally - in the interview - in 2012 - just talking about it. It was the most ridiculous thing I have seen. I have to tell you, I don't even remember Brady as a college QB, but I remember Montana. Brady claims that the draft day was the worst day of his life. So, you are wrong.

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

watching brady cry in that interview was probably the gayest thing i have ever seen. he already had 3 rings at the time and he still cries about that. definition of a pickle smoocher

11. Elijah

Elijah New Member

haha yea gays r the worset

12. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Hooray for ignorance.

13. varjao

varjao Member

Probably they are firing their agents not because they fell on the draft, but because they got drafted by the Jets.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

If you're gonna make fun of the jets, at least come up with your own original thought, and not something that's been used Over and over on Internet memes

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I think they are all signing with Jay-z new sports agency. First cano and victor Cruz. Now, Geno and Dee.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Has this actually been a story anywhere but here?

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No way, man.

This is all about the fragile psyche of Jets players and how they wanted to cry about draft position and are weak and stuff. This has nothing to do with business or money.

Just ask that nycztonee guy. He has the goods.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People are so picky. Players don't realize that teams often pick based on need, not just the best player available. Big whoop he dropped 4 spots. Hardly anything to worry about.. besides if I was a player going into the draft I'd rather be picked late in the round because the odds are you'll go to a better team.