17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yea right I have been patient since 01/13/69 & between Hess & Woody what has that gotten besides pissing my money every year that I attended the games until I moved to Florida? The problem is Woody appears to be total inept judge of human ability so 20 years from now he will be saying the same thing he said yesterday. JMHO :sad:

2. championjets69

Yep the failure to be able to rent out my seats says a whole lot of the attraction of the 2013 NYJs & beyond :sad:

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

this is mostley a upper decker thread. the occasional psl er pops in from time to time

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe they want people who are invested, dedicated fans instead of people trying to make a buck or a hundred out of renting their seats as a business opportunity.

5. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

I went last night too.. Couldn't figure out why I received the invite, but yes I am one of the disgruntled PSL holders who has yet to pay for anything this year (opting out) so you may be on to something.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was fully waiting for a rep ambush, but it didn't happen. I've been expecting a rep call all day today but haven't gotten it yet. I bet is comes later today.

Great facilities though, aren't they? I was surprised what a nice event it was. I even got a beer at a Jets event that didn't cost $12. In fact It didn't cost anything.

Were you the dude with white glasses? haha, that guy was too much. A rare Sanchez defender! At least we got to see the actual 'VLT". It does exist ; )

It won't effect my renewal decision, but that was a nice thing for them to do. I expected it to be more crowded. What would you say, 80 people there? I came away happy about the Morhinweg hire. He's QB-driven, and I think it's a good match for us. I came away believing Sanchez will still be here, and will need to win his job back from Geno. It'll be a legit duel. There wasn't really much to be learned from Dennis Thurman, as he's basically a continuance of what they've been doing on defense.

#17446 LogeSection2RowJ, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  7. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

and love to moan and bitch about it ad nauseam.

8. championjets69

Duh when U sell them @ face quite difficult to make buck or a hundred as U indicated heh?:sad:

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Then I'm sure there is some other ulterior motive. Otherwise, you're just lying. Because there is no reason for you to pay a PSL while you are living in South Texas.

Get off your high horse. You have made no bones about being an opportunistic businessman over the years. What's in it for you to buy season tickets and to buy a PSL? You live in Austin.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I have no wife or kids. I just know it will be tougher to get my dad and sister to go to certain games and Thanksgiving night would never be allowed to happen again.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

I had a lot of leg issues last year and my dad had foot problems the season before. We both took golf carts into the stadium. I became friends with two guys who eventually gave me their #s and I tipped them a few bucks each way. I also was wheelchaired to my seat since I was first row and on the aisle. The year before my dad was with a cane and walked up to our seats we had higher up.

I don't know your situation but if you keep or drop and your dad wants to go to the upper deck he still can do it.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

I paid my bill so I guess no invite. I would have been better off not paying and getting free beer over being put into some stupid raffle for prizes.

13. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

Very small group you're right.. I thought you were going to say you were the guy in the glasses, lol he was ok at first but then wth, glad Eric finally cut him off.. So can't say it was me, spent more time outside looking at the field before the Q&A.. Thurman was great, he looked relieved not to be on the hotseat like MM.. Not sold on Marty though reminds me of a used car salesman, hope I'm wrong.. Was curious why they didn't go with the Jets Uncorked wine either, would've marketed the hell out of that!

14. championjets69

Duh my tix are in the UD where the last I looked there are no PSLs

The person I am buying the tix is my next door friend for some 20 odd years when I lived in NJ wants them. We try transferring them from me to him but were not allowed to do so by the NYJs :sad:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You lived next door to a Jets fan for 20 odd years and he kept his sanity?

By all rights he should be in a rubber room somewhere in Bellevue.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bitch no, remind PSL owners, yes!!!

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

There are PSLs!!

Im letting go 4 in section 124 row 7 aisle and 4 in section 126 row 20.

No one wants them for $5,500 so I will be walking as I can no longer pay for them.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

I am optimistic on Marty. He's the first legit offensive coordinator we've had in a while and would still be in Philly had Reid not been replaced with Kelly. He's the type of experienced veteran coordinator Rex can hand over the keys to with the offense, and being a former QB himself, along with a new QB coach I assume he chose, Sanchez and Smith (and Garrard) will be in good hands for once. Other than a guy like Norv Turner, this is the best we could have hoped for. Marty seemed stiff at first, but warmed up to the Q&A. If I have anything to hang my hopes on this year, it's our new Offensive Coordinator and the effect it'll have on the QB position.

I asked one of the last Q's about the potential change in run blocking schemes. Boring, I know. I wanted to ask Dennis "who will miss Revis more this year, you or us? But Revis came up before i could ask.

Funny - I wondered about Jets Uncorked too. What a load of crock that is - another Woody marketing ploy. If they had it we would have tried it.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

You're a true fan then, because you out of any of us should be the most disappointed with this stadium.

Do you attend baseball games at either of the new NY stadiums? Then you'll agree that our football stadium is a disgrace as far as convenient and assisted access goes. At Yankee Stadium as soon as you enter you're given the opportunity to use one of several big elevators. Citi has them around too, but you have to look for them. This stadium is double the height, and good luck getting upstairs any way other than using an almost dangerous escalator system designed with not enough pedestrian access room. Taking the ramps to the upper tier is no less than a 2.5 mile journey. It was an outrage to read about the awards the developer/ designers of this stadium were given. They get to stroke themselves no matter what they build. We have a Super Bowl coming as proof.

Ha, I hadn't had the opportunity to vent about this again here. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope your leg issue is behind you this season. I admire your father's loyalty to the Jets to attend games needing a cane. The two of you are exactly the type of fan this this organization can not afford to alienate.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Now THIS is what I call bitching and moaning.

Oh yes, we bitch and moan in the Uppers, but this is NOTHING compared to the whining and hog-squealing we're going to be hearing from the 100 & 200 Levels.

Or maybe not. They're realizing how badly they fucked up and failed to excersize caution and now they're too proud to admit how badly they got Woody-screwed. But we'll still find out about it, when the stadium is half empty every game and the press puts two and two together.