17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ha I am waiting to May 15 when I return 6 row 1 seats to them & pay them for 2 row 1 seats which is all I was able to rent out this year:sad:

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He wanted to retire a year before but the Jets convinced him to stay one more year. How he coached the special teams should not be effected on what was going on with our front office and how much $ our QB got. Westhoff did a lousy job last year and retired a year late. We could not even block a field goal at It started here and went down

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/17226/a-disastrous-day-on-special-teams

3. baamf

baamf Active Member

9 more days to decide if I should renew or not. Tough call...

4. championjets69

If this assists U in making your decision I will be returning 6 of my 8 tix to the NYJs cause nobody wanted to lease them for 2013 season :sad:

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What's the deciding factor? Is it the team? Price? Stadium? Family? Location? All of the above. I can tell u one thing, I think this team will be better then last year. I hope u stay, always nice seeing u before the game. You got to admit, our seats are excellent, be a shame to give them up, you earned them.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

seats r good but not worth $131.25 a game. (thats 2 worthless preseason games divided over 8 semi-worthless games)

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

For us we are lucky only have to pay for 1 seat. Even two each isn't so bad. If I had more than that to pay for I'd have to think long about it.

Crappy part is once you give it up you are on the hook to attend other non football events and forced to miss games. Season tickets have gotten me out of numerous events. Heck I even missed an engagement party for a game. Just said sorry I have season tickets and don't miss a game. Harder to say sorry I'm going to stubhub it the night before the game.

8. 17a_tailgater

i have to pay for 4. and it kills me to decide to either give up seats i finally like or pay these smucks anymore of my $$$

9. championjets69

U R truly in la-la land saying the NYJs will be better this year then last. Besides a shrink U should stop drinking whatever ju-ju juice you are drinking or whatever white powder you are sniffing. :sad:

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Where's Champ been the last month. Kind of quiet without him. Say hello to him if you hear from him

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

C'mon man - you can still get out of all family obligations if you want to! Just spin it the right way - you're still going to ALL Jets home games, but you are buying the tickets "on-site" each game in an effort to save your family lots of money! (and you will be). Again, repeat after me 'I am going to buy my game tickets on-site instead of in advance this year to save us money" Got it?

I'm laughing reading your posts because my older brother went to all the games with me from '84 through 2008 and he wasn't nearly the Jets fan I was growing up, yet he was so proud of his "streak" and wouldn't miss a game for the world. I realize now it was just because those were the years his kids were growing up, and he wanted one Sunday every two weeks just to himself and his partying. Now that two of his three kids are in college and he stopped going to games he doesn't even watch them on TV now. He was a big fan of not being home, not a Jets fan ; )

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

Same. Like the seats but the price is just getting crazy. Plus my Dad who goes to all the games with me is having some medical problems that will make it more difficult getting into that crappy stadium with the crappy parking arrangement.

The rep called me the other day wondering why I haven't renewed yet. Told them the price was too high and they offered to move me to the 50 or 75 dollar seats, yeah right. Told them about Dad and they were more than happy to move me down into a nice PSL seat with easier access, yeah right.

I think I might be done after 25 years, tough call...

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The only time anything changes is when people walk away for real

14. 17a_tailgater

again i have 6 seats stacked. finally got some of my crew back together and at a good location. 30 yard line single digit row beer bathroom and stairs right behind me. tough decision but i may stick it out another year. also my oldest son is 10 now and just finished his 1st year of football and is very excited to go to the games and tailgate

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Any STH'ers get that invite to attend a Q & A with Thurman and Morhinweg at Florham Park tonite? Anyone else going to it?

I wondered if they only invited those who have yet to pay their invoice, as I haven't. I decided to go to see the facility, even if I don't renew.

16. 17a_tailgater

Woody wants us fans to be patient...but still pay premium for tickets
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...rkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost#axzz2SdAVU3z8

After a miserable 6-10 season, Jets owner Woody Johnson said Tuesday that things will get better, but fans need to be patient.

Speaking at the NFL career development symposium in Philadelphia, Johnson spoke to reporters about the current roster and state of the Jets.

"Be patient, be patient, have trust that we're doing the right thing for your team, we're trying to do the right thing for your team," Johnson said, according to NJ.com.

"That's why (general manager) John (Idzik) was brought in and the other coaching changes were made; to make us more competitive."

The Jets parted with arguably their best player Darrelle Revis in April, sending the cornerback to Tampa Bay for two draft picks, and still haven't figured out their quarterback mess. Mark Sanchez, who has regressed, will have competition from veteran David Garrard and West Virginia rookie Geno Smith. Garrard was signed in March while Smith was drafted last month, although he has already made headlines for the wrong reasons, and the last thing the Jets need is another distraction.

"Everybody is on the same page. We're trying to make the team better each and every day. We've made some dramatic changes and it's going to take a little bit of time for these changes to take hold, I think they will take hold. I'm not going to predict exactly when, but they will take hold," Johnson said.

The Jets roster will look much different, as tight end Dustin Keller, defensive end Mike DeVito and safety LaRon Landry were lost via free agency, and Bart Scott and Sione Po'uha among others, were cut, and the 2013 season could be a rebuilding year.

Rex Ryan, who led the Jets to back-to-back AFC Title games in his first two seasons with the team, has failed to make the playoffs each of the past two seasons and is on the chopping block in his final season under contract. Johnson would not discuss Ryan's future as the coach heads into his final year under contract.

"I would never talk about contracts or anything like that. We normally don't discuss contracts or extensions or anything like that," Johnson said about Ryan's future.

Read more: Woody asks Jets fans to be patient after 'dramatic' offseason changes: report http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...s_report_Ojk3bxMmfFHKiEYgPu2BpM#ixzz2SdYuYBqm

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Thank you for facilitating what the NY Jets have been trying to do for years... weed out people like you.

It's gracious of you to relinquish 6 Row One seats so gratuitously. Oh wait, you're not relinquishing them because you want to,... it's only because you are now unable to rent them out to someone else. Well... Okay... whatever.... Thanks anyway. It clears the decks for others who actually might want to attend a game or two themselves. And with their families. Imagine that.

But you've had a decent run, "renting" your seats out for face value and not collecting a profit on them. Why anyone would want to do that, BTW, is puzzling to many who read here, but I'm sure you have solid, financially sound reasons why this makes any fucking sense at all to you other than wanting control and also clinging to the past.

All any of us can say is, "Wonderful." And we'll miss you in the stands.

Oh wait... we haven't seen you in the stands for the past 12 years.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ya gotta do what you gotta do, I always thought how my dad, when he was a alive, could never go to Jet games because of the amount of walking. All I know is, you are correct, having seasons has gotten me out of all family and friend events, there is no way i would get away with it if I did not have the tickets already. Once u give them up, it opens up a can of worms. I know if give them up, I wont go anymore. It just won't be the same if I don't sit in the same seats and have tickets in hand.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Don't you lose your PSLs if you don't pay for your tickets or is everybody here only talking about returning upper deck tickets?

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Upper deck.... free to do what we want, when we want!!!!