Does Kyle aWilson have any trade value

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, May 4, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just as background on all of this, it's hard to build a team via trades and free agency. You can assemble a strong roster that way but it's hard to build a team.

Kyle Wilson almost certainly has more value to the Jets than any similar value player from another team that they tried to plug in to the mix. He probably has more value than anybody they'd draft mid to late.

He's a proven NFL player, albeit not at a high level, and as long as he brings something to the table that Rex understands and can utilize he's valuable.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If they do trade him, please have it be to the Pat's, Dolphins or Bills...

3. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Clearly Wilson has not lived up to his 1st round status. I would like for one season to see him playing with a pass rush in front of him. We took for granted how good Revis/Cromartime have been. Not many CB's in the NFL can cover with the lack of pass rush the Jets have had for the last 3 seasons.

I'm not giving him a pass but this should be part of looking at his 3 seasons. I also wonder if he could play safety.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This sums it up. In todays NFL you need corners, alot of corners. Teams are going 3 and 4 wide more often than ever before. Wilson is a experinced, skilled, inexpensive nickle/#2 type. There is no reason to move him, which would create a huge depth problem. The OP needs to stop thinking about the NFL like its 1975.

Its not bad, its awful. Wilson is in no way a Safety. He is physical enough for a corener, but he is not dropping into the box to play the run, he is not a center feild type with great range. He is a good man cover guy and a decent Zone guy. Quit trying to make him into something he is not.

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Yes. If you agree to pay his salary, someone will probably agree to take him off the Jets hands.

Otherwise - No.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. He's still on his (very friendly) rookie contract and makes a fine nickelback. I don't think it makes any sense trading him.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Don't forget, Rex uses a lot of heavy DB sets so he can avoid LBs dropping into coverage. There's no reason whatsoever to try to trade Wilson, especially when he's been slowly and steadily improving. He still makes some mistakes, but that's going to happen with your #2 or #3 CB. We were indeed spoiled with Revis & Cro. I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson get snaps at safety, but he is a decent slot corner and having Cromartie - Milliner - Wilson should be pretty solid unit. Especially with Wilson getting a boatload of experience covering the outsides last season. Now they can be more interchangeable and play more towards player matchups, rather than position matchups.

8. Wilson is a #2 corner. Nothing more & nothing less.He doesn't have alot of mental mistakes, tackles well & supplies above average coverage. Does he give up some receptions? Yes. Can he be beat deep?Sure can.When you look at the in depth numbers of CBS across the league, Wilson fairs pretty darn well for being the 3rd corner behind Revis/Cromartie for all of his career.

Overall I think the good far outweighs the bad. I also would not be surprised if he beats out Milliner for the starting job.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010012400/2009/POST20/jets@colts#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

Sanchez played well enough to win that game. The defense lost it.

Garcon, and Collie accounted for all but 100 yards of Mannings passing, and two tds in a game we lost by 13.

Manning put up 377, and 5 extra minutes of TOP, Yes, its Marks fault.

So is Global Warming.

#29 Hobbes3259, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  10. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

You are drunk if you think Wilson EVER beats out Milliner for the starting cb spot...

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I can't believe some of the posts in here....

SO lets get this straight, Mark Sanchez is the worst QB even though he brought us to 2 AFCC games.
    But only when we had a better team...except in the last 2 years when he had NO ONE TO HELP HIM ... but now the Supporting Cast excuse doesn't apply anymore... k...Gotcha.

Yet Kyle Wilson gets beat Multiple times per games, game in game out.
    Teams target him on 3rd down, He is awful containing the gunner on Special Teams...and does all of this By Himself
    Yet,
    He is one of the better CB's in the league?? Just wtf are you guys smokin...

I thought they didn't make shit that good anymore but you guys obviously have that good medicinal shit.... pass it this way.

12. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez is made out to be worse because of his massive contract and Wilson is made out to be better because of his reasonable contract.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Wilson is yet another bad Rex Ryan Pick.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You need 3 CBs in the NFL today due to offensive schemes. Wilson is a solid nickel corner that can play CB2 also. He has value for the Jets. Solid tackling CB

15. Really? Milliner hasn't played a single down in the NFL while Wilson is entering his 4th year in the league.

Milliner has to learn the scheme, adjust to the NFL lifestyle & adjust to NFL speed.If he earns the job so be it.But to crown him as a starter this early in the game w/ the depth the jets have in the secondary is ridiculous.

16. 99% of corners in the league give up completions. To think otherwise is short sighted & a direct result of being spoiled by Revis & Cromartie for so many seasons. Speaking of which, of COURSE Wilson is going to get targeted on the field w/ those 2. Why in the world would you hold that against him?

Instead of focusing on the completions he gives up why not actually look at the numbers as well as watch his coverage play by play? While not a shut down player both the film & stats support that Wilson is good in coverage & a good tackler. He may not be a #1 or a dominant player..but this notion that he is terrible is significantly off base.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:rofl:

:drunk:

:rofl:

put down the hateraide.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Who said he is one of the better cb's in the league?

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

99%? Can you provide a reference for that stat?

That's kind of an easy stat to quote.

You could win the argument by referencing specific players.

20. Im not speaking in terms of exact percentages nor am i interested in supporting my original statement.My point was that outside of a small handful of guys, corners give up completions in this league.The rules favor the offense & there are alot of other factors that go into it(lack of pass rush, blitz packages that leave holes,zone reads,picks)

That isnt to say that giving up alot of completions is a good thing but rather that few corners are immune to it from time to time.In wilson's case this gets further exemplified considering that hes typically played in the slot between cro & revis.

He isnt a dominant player.He isnt a cornerstone player. I just dont understand this insistence on bashing him for simply being what he is: a #2 corner