NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

give me a break. our offense decided not to show up again along with our power play.

can't win by just grinding.

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

How about we hire a coach that actually cares about the Power Play?

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The PP is clearly an issue, why the hell is Richards anywhere near the powerplay with his squirt gun-powered slap shot and tendency to pass?

But the amount of non-calls in this game was horrendous. Fitting that the penalty they DIDN'T call for us at the end of the third is the one that sinks us.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey...the Rangers in a nutshell. If anyone dvr'd the game...rewind just before the penalty to MAC and at the 1325 left mark and after a flurry...watch finallly..the Rangers get control and MAC hits BOYLE and BOYLE..because he has no hockey skill whatsoever..on ice with PYATT another guy who will struggle to get hall of fame votes...MAC hits BOYLE at center ice with the easiest pass ever and it just goes right off of his stick back to the caps for another flurry just before MAC has had enough..and dumps it.

This team just has so much dead weight..its a first line..a second line ...barely a 4th line in the NHL and a line that has no business being in the league.

Such a difference in talent..incredible.

5. Dirty6Sanchez

If Pyatt isn't scratched when Clowe comes back, so help me God.

6. jaywayne12

and Richards is finished. Finished...he has no feel for the ice..his claim to fame of finding the open guy is gone. He is done.

When you are playing with a handful..maybe..a handful...of talented players against a solid NHL team that throws 3 solid lines at you and has defenseman that can actually shoot the puck at the net on the powerplay..you have no shot whatsoever. None. Disgusted.

7. jaywayne12

Hand speed and just having good hands. Boyle and Pyatt have none of those qualities. Horrible hockey players. Like Boyle the person too..really do.

He is just such a horrible hockey player....Pyatt is a joke.

8. jaywayne12

Im sorry DS....im so disgusted I didnt comment on the Clowe part. Now that is the kind of guy that can change things. If H.L. can play a game like today and you put Clowe and perhaps another change..that is a huge difference.

I actually liked what Dorcett (spelling that wrong) brought to the table. Not sure if this is the right team to have him play against..but he is a player you need during 82 games.

9. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

really? i hate brian boyle. can't fight. can't play hockey. but torts has a boner for him.

GRIND MORE

10. Dirty6Sanchez

Clowe actually goes to the freaking net too, something NOBODY on this team seems to do...ever. I'm steaming right now.

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Yeah, just gotta grind it out...:breakdance:

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Lundqvist and Nash played well. I had a feeling the Rangers would win for most of the game, but it did not happen. Expect a strong effort in Game 3.

14. Dirty6Sanchez

I'll give the Caps credit, they've been rolling out three quality lines and capitalizing on their power plays.

The Hockey Gods' infatuation with Holtby is enraging, however. Three posts? Jesus.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Typical Rangers being typical...Completely utter nonsense...How many months have I been yelling for us to fire that piece of shit Mike Sullivan?

This is what we get? Fucking joke, a great performance by Lundqvist ruined by these fucks

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Glad little league and family prevented wasting a Sat afternoon on the game. Sounds like o was sleeping and hank got screwed by the lack of any sustained attack by our beloved blue shirts

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Caught 99% of the game. Caps scored while I was on my way to work.

Lundqvist was outstanding. I knew we'd lose though because our offense was insanely lethargic. First period our offense was there, but the Caps' goalie was making amazing saves. After that, we stopped playing offense and went turtle. I guess they didn't realize that there's no points for OT losses in the playoffs.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Fuming still.......PP with 3 mins left and PP in OT and we get balls. Ab
    solute,fucking balls.

I think we're watching a quick one fellas

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I didn't see the game so have no comment on it, but curious to know what you think of Dorsett now you've actually seen him play.

20. jaywayne12

Im still fuming now. Boyle is getting so under my skin. You figure you sit a guy and he comes out f'ing fired up. But he cant...why? Because he is Brian Boyle...6'7" who cant control the puck...cant stand in front of the net and cause havoc...cant pass...cant out work and grind.

Torts love for him and Pyatt blows me away...blows me the f away. When your "style" is to dump and grind you get what you saw today..a friggin abortion...the power play? You play this year for 4+ months and you cant get it right..cant make it look like a power play...ever.

I always like Torts fire and bitchiness...but for the life of me, it like his time has past him already.