The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If Geno Smith flops, a more accurate comparison is Kellen Clemens. Draft pick, not race!!

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Okay
    Winner!

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

4. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I think rajensen088 is the black Stephen A. Smith.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

perhaps part of Ryan Leaf's problem was that he is white, so Gino Smith can't be the next Ryan Leaf because he doesn't suffer from the same Caucasian affliction that caused Leaf's issues. If so, the only way to make the comparison is to classify Gino as a black Ryan Leaf, which would take into account the fact that Gino does not have the same Caucasian problem but he could have equal problems caused by his blackness that makes them similar.

6. xxedge72x

Knock him out instead of knock it off?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that might be a good thing with some of the reporters in town.

7. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That thought occurred to me as well.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Stephen A. must not be down with the cause.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I've never liked Stephen A for a number of reasons and this is just another one.
    He always make things that are't a "black and white" issue try to seem like it really is a b&w issue. It just gets real old.

What I hate the most is they've killed First Take by having him co-host with Skip. It's bad enough they took Jay Crawford off as the moderator, and Skip by his self was a lot to handle. Then you add Stephen A in there to be even louder and more obnoxious it's just too much to handle. I hated when Stephen A use to come on First Take every Wednesday I just stopped watching on Wednesday. Now I went from watching it religiously to hardly ever at all.

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I used to really like Skip when they had him on Cold Pizza with Woody Paige. He actually had some different insight but it was based on what he really believed. At some point he got caught up in his popularity and started being a pot-stirring troll.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm here to tell you this, if none of these concerns came up to Idziks level during the draft analysis about Geno, right, wrong or indifferent, such that all the inputs were considered and a complete decision WITH ALL THE FACTS was made then I would fire every single incompetent member of the college and draft recruiting staff that was remotely associated with it.
    Not saying the decision would have been different but by God all this shit should have been provided to Idzik and considered or dismissed in the selection process.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Go back and read the title for the Geno thread. It clearly says "All Geno Smith talk here". I'm pretty sure this would fall in that category but whatever....

14. xxedge72x

What kills me is that this is a 22 year old kid with all the talent in the world and attitude a problem... his draft position seems to fit his description perfectly.

That said, for Gods sake let the kid play before destroying him. The level of hate around the Jets is suffocating.

How this became a race issue I have no idea. But the media is trying to write his career story before he ever has a chance to do it himself. Hopefully he's got good people around him that help him shut off the noise. Sanchez clearly has (braindead to show up at the Knicks game?).

15. 94Abraham

Its definitely a little racist but people are too sensitive these days the way it is. Its a stupid comment regardless based on the draft position of these two. The amount of hate is downright incredible by the fans and even the media. Has any QB ever be written off as quick as Geno has before?

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

It all depends on how things work out. If Smith shines, the rest doesn't matter. If he flops, and especially if he flops in Leaf-like fashion, it's definitely a black eye for Idzid. Not saying Idzik's fortunes are tied to Smith, but it'll be something to watch going forward.

17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

This is bad English, Stephen A. It's not incredibly bad, because our expectations for you are very low, but it's bad.

I think the guy he's talking about is connected to the NFL through a system of hydraulic pulleys and packing tape.

18. NewYorkEveryThing

It is amazing that the kid did not even play 1 down and already has him labled a bust! Where were these so called "Insider's" when the raiders drafted russell #1 overall?
    Where were they when Rodgers waited and slide all the way to the mid 20's?

Total losers these "Insiders" are. They don't even watch collage football. Because if they did. Then they would have seen geno go back and forth every game keeping his team in it.

19. 94Abraham

The attitude thing is nothing more then a he said she said kind of thing anyway. Any random nobody makes one uninformed opinion and the bandwagon jumps on it and all of a sudden he has an attitude problem. You never heard anything about his attitude before draft day or at his whole career at WVU.

20. xxedge72x

His numbers and his talent aren't what caused him to drop to 39.