17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

so walk away.

they'll never give you anything unless you walk away

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The good news this year is the schedule... lots of great starting times.

The bad news is, we're going to stink up the field real bad. Real bad. Worse than anyone predicts.

You will be sitting next to somebody who paid $40.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

which sucks when u paid $105 which means $131.25 when the 2 preseason games add to all 8 home games

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

C H E R R Y Cherry pick. Cherry pick cherry pick :beer:
    Zero regrets walking away ,,,none ,,,,nil,,,,,,nada!

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I paid mine in full already. I didn't want to upgrade and the only thing to hold out for was a price drop which I won't count on happening and if it does it will be after the upgrade process like last year.

Last year I didn't pay and told them if they had seats I wanted and I gave them a list to give me a call back. A month later I got offered seats that I was very happy with.

Then they did the upgrades which in my opinion was done to see what seats would be leftover and then they lowered the price on those.

My gut feeling is something similar happens again. The only way you get an upgrade is if you don't pay your bill but you also take a gamble that there's nothing to upgrade into and your seats are gone. Then the Jets do the upgrade process see what seats are left and come June they cut prices on some seats.

I could be wrong but I'm just taking a guess on what they do. I'm in a different boat then most of those here with tickets. I only pay for my own and I go every week and I just look for it as an expense I pay once and I'm done with it for the year. If I gave up my tickets I'd end up missing games because it's tough to miss a big event when you tell someone I am going to get Jets tickets the night before the game. Instead I have a built in excuse that I have tickets for the game and for me that's worth every single penny of over paying.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

right now on stub hub everything is over face... its not even worth taking a look at yet but probably in june i will put it together again.

thats for opening day, if they are below face its going to be big big trouble. you can get ez uppers for 77 i think it was.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Hey, my $125 turns into $156.25 per "meaningful game." I put "meaningful game" in quotes and use the term loosely because this year, I don't expect many of them to be meaningful.

We'll be in contention for half the season, but my prediction is, games 9-16 will be meaningless. Almost as meaningless as Preseasons. We're talking $60 for Primes and $40 for most other low-row UD seats. Beyond Row 12 you won't be able to give them away.

#17408 Section 227. Row 5, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

To be fair, he never promised, just predicted. And he was almost right.

When I went through the relocation process there were places I could move to, but they weren't better locations, just different ones. I'm sure someone who relocated before me ended up with a better spot.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'm not talking about the relocation process (the day we were allowed to go into their computer selection and supposedly view all seats available). I'm talking about the time before that when I called up. That turned out to be the best upgrade.

And it happened because I told them that without an upgrade I wasn't returning. At first, the voice on the phone said, "Well, I'll talk to my superior and see what I can do." I figured that was the end of my Jets tickets... they'd never call back and I'm done. But at least I gave it a shot.

But within 15 minutes my phone rang and it was them again. And unbelievably, they said "You're in Row 9 now, but we have 4 in Row 2." And I grabbed them. The other thing with the computer selection didn't work out for me either. Anything better than mine was already taken.

But that was then and this is now. There was still optimism then. Guys were not bailing as much then. People still thought we had a QB worth a shit then.

Now it has all changed. I wouldn't be surprised if many, many PSL seats go unpaid for this May. Just unpaid invoices... totally walking. Walking away from whatever PSL portion was paid. And no fear of reprisal or litigation or collection agencies b/c they already know the Jets don't have their SS numbers and will stop short of suing for the balance in court... too much negative press and too many judges willing to say, "Hey, you already collected some money from the guy and now you want him to pay the rest even though he's not going? Wait a minute here...."

So the ticket office is putting out major forest fires in the 100 and 200 levels right now. The 300 level is peanuts compared to what's going on below... so my guess is, they will be willing to relocate anyone anywhere they can just to keep asses in SOME of the seats and not have a complete, ridiculous, mass exodus of 80% of the stadium.

I am telling you that the tone of his voice... the guy who called me yesterday morning... was one of accomodation. It was a totally different attitude that I was hearing. "Desperate" is the term I would use to best describe the tone... described himself as my "rep" for "this season"... what a fucking joke... and said he would call me back right before the invoice is due to talk about getting me better seats.

I'm telling you these guys are getting slammed with cancellations and the word from Woody is, "Keep people in the stadium no matter what... I am looking like a complete asshole unless you do."

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not convinced will be as bad as predicted, certainly better then last year. Whether that translates into more wins we shall see. We have better coaches, cant be worse (Sprano/Westhoff), and this year we have depth on the OL and our defense should be as good. I am hoping Garrard stays healthy and beats out Sanchez and Smith stays on the bench and learns for a year. It can not be as bad as last year, no way. That was a total embarrassment.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ditto on everything

13. 17a_tailgater

those arent people selling their seats. thats the jets selling unowned season tickets and the seats stubhub got in the deal to take psl seats too

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What? Now Westhoff is a bad coach? Haha...

15. 17a_tailgater

i dont want to lose my seats. especially have 6 together

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Last year, and last year only he did a lousy job. Our Specials were awful, just awful. He retired a year late in my opinion

17. Section 227. Row 5

That's what I was going to say but you beat me to it.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Good. Then unzip your fly and hang your balls out, because Woody will be there to grab them and squeeze them but good. Those 6 together better be worth it.

19. Section 227. Row 5

He retired because he couldn't put up with the insanity anymore.

Tannenbaum giving El Guappo 60 Million dollars while he stinks up the field with turnovers, INTs, 3-&-outs, head-butts and other shit that constantly left us piss-poor field position every fucking time, thus putting immense pressure on STs to pull it out, not to mention killing the cap with no end in sight for a replacement for this clown.

And the very man he was helping immensely... none other than Rex Ryan... "sticks to his guns" and does nothing but heap praise on this fucking Californication Loser, maintaining that he "is our Quarterback" long after it was obvious to all, including Westhoff, that this kid was nothing more than a 16-game starter out in Commiefornia and surrounded with talent out there, only to come to the NYJs in a draft pick that was way too high and then we give him 60 Million on top of that mistake and Westhoff was like, "I'm out of here, gentlemen."

Who TF could blame him? He made the right call.... divorce yourself from the fucking insanity.

He was a damned good coach who saw the handwriting on the wall, which is what some of us here on the board should see. He got out when he could and perhaps a year too late, yes. A year after he saw that there was no freaking hope for this crap we put on the field.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

OMG when did U finally see the light? What was the incident that transferred U from ultimate homer like 314 to a realistic? :sad: