The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't doubt it but I meant you are exaggerating your point, which is the implication that hitting 1/3rd of your throws behind the line means he can't hit ones beyond that. It also implies that those 1/3rd of throws aren't very important for a WCO

3. dex13

dex13 New Member

lol...mine too

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

6. BleedGreenDaily

I never once said that. It was more of you implying about his accuracy but don't take into account all of those passes which are always going to bolster your accuracy. Never once did I say he wasnt accurate but lot of that came from behind the line. He was still over 60% for other stats but not the 70-80 you had said. I was just bringing you back to earth.

#886 BleedGreenDaily, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  7. dex13

dex13 New Member

it helps if you actually read the article...it doesn't say he's a "bad person", just that he doesn't take responsibility. and yes, its all speculation which is what the board was spectulating on when i posted it.

The whole point is that he didn't get drafted where he thought so he fired his agent...easy scapegoat.

8. BleedGreenDaily

That's why I wanted EJ Manuel.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Can't pick a QB under the radar at this point. Look at who has been picked in recent years and where they went. Unless you are getting a top 3 caliber prospect or willing to wait until the 4th round you are going to get criticism. The only reason people aren't tearing the Bills to shreds over the Manuel pick is that they got some more value in the trade down and the Jets are there to provide the lightning rod with a QB pick high up also.

10. dex13

dex13 New Member

here is the AP version in case you were offended by the fact that the previous link was from NESN

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--g...s-shed-light-on-why-qb-dropped-183846651.html

11. Br4d

If the Jets had picked Manuel on the 13 people would be calling it a reach based on need, with Manuel not polished enough to take the job right away. The QB circus stories in camp would be just as bad as they might be this year.

The only guy the Jets could have drafted who would not have caused an uproar is if they had a time machine and went back to 2012 and got Luck on the 1.

12. Br4d

13. dex13

dex13 New Member

that's why I called it the AP "version"

14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

I love how bc he doesn't say much to Francessa certain fans have determined that Idzik is infallible. Tell me, exactly why is Idzik is so football omniscient?

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol I think you must have me confused with somebody else because I never said anything about 70-80%. I'm refuting the idea that you need to discount a guys throws behind the LOS unless you are willing to do that for every QB.

A lot of QBs wash out at the NFL level because they simply can't hit the "easy" throws. Short accuracy is many successful QBs bread and butter. Just ask Tom Brady

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

hes not infallible he just seems to be making the smartest moves he can given what was handed to him.

his attitude with the media is refreshing compared leak happy nature of last years regime, and him not giving them much is satisfyingly sticking it to a shameless media that took advantage when they knew more.

17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I'm being honest when I say this: this story simply made me feel like this was even MORE of a steal. Character issues may be important for a QB, but we know that his bundles of talent IS in fact there...hopefully he matures and realizes what the NFL is all about, but knowing he fell for maturity reasons just makes me think "Fine, lets give him time to mature"

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Are you ever going to explain what skills Geno is lacking or did you just want to say he's lacking skills to be negative about him?

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

How many players fell because of "maturity" issues and how many of them ended up being HOF type players?

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm not saying Geno does or does not have maturity issues because I obviously have no clue, but I want to point something out. There are some NFL executives whose best interest is to see the Jets QB situation remain in flux. If I were the Bills and took a different QB ahead of Geno because I was worried about his maturity and ability to handle the media I would certainly hop on any opportunity to start that flame burning his ass ASAP.