Yahoo/Manish: Smith thought he should be and would be the No. 1 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Geno Smith will be out of the league in 5 years.

This guy is an arrogant know-it-all.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Look, I will be happy to EAT CROW if Geno Smith leads this team for the next 10 years and takes us to or wins us a SB.

But the tell-tale signs are there: he's arrogant and a know-it-all. He's also easily led by 'friends' -- i.e., HIS ENTOURAGE (think Alan Iverson) -- who are telling him the reason he wasn't a Top 10 pick was his agent screwed up.

He wanted to leave after Thursday night -- he all but confirmed it.

He gives every indication of NOT BEING A LEADER and of being a guy who is easily led astray by the last voice to speak into his ear. This is NOT EJ Manuel, this is a guy who seems to want to play QB for the prestige and the $$$ and the endorsements.

We'll see if an attitude adjustment is forthcoming. But you may be seeing why Idzik is not going to be trading/cutting Sanchez anytime soon.

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

Jesus isn't this waaaaaay over the top based on one story?! and you have him labeled a "BUST" in May! wow man you gotta step back and count to 20 or something...wow

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

that can be a good thing especially in NY...

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

u forgot Hobbes

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

the hell?

where is this coming from?

hes all about the money and prestige? isn't a leader? because he left on his moms birthday?

I really think this whole thing is overblown. he's shown no real signs of arrogance or being lead by an entourage in college, he's an alright kid who got emotional when frankly everybody does. it wasn't even an outburst. he fired his agent for not being with him the next day. what a blowhard...

he doesn't need an attitude adjustment, the media is just being an asshole to their favorite punching bag team again.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

1st I hope the Jets win many games this year and we make the playoffs, just not with this kid. I would much rather someone else step up and Geno sit the year or two on the bench and then we trade him somewhere else to recoup the pick we wasted.

Weeks before the draft I was posting he was not the pick, hell any of the top five, but him. Give me a TE, safety or RB. The Giants and Bucs got steals, we have an imature kid who had very inflated stats. The Jets have nothing more than a new act for the circus.

Once he step on the field his value will crash, hell it has already took a nose dive. Jets knew what every other team knew, they just figures the risk was worth it and he would fill those seats. Everything Woody does is to fill seats.

Smith is Vince Young 2.0. I have been a fan for 40 years and the last two have been hard to stomach. We need a real HC and a real owner. The ruling on the GM is still out, he may have had no choice in the pick, Woody could have picked Smith, we will never know.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wait..so you want to win and go to the superbowl but if Smith is the QB you will be pissed? That is what you just said you know.

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

you'd be pissed at a QB getting to the playoffs?

I don't favor Sanchez but if he does that this year I'm going to be happy.

because I'm a Jets fan and I like seeing them win. what the hell are you?

you make it seem like the balls going to explode as soon as he's got it in his hands.

you cant know, he hasn't played yet.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I have seen him play, and was not impressed, no not in the NFL, but if he can't impress me in college on a team with tallent and a systen almost made for him, I don't have confidence he will impress me on an NFL team. Especially this team in this city with a lack of talent to make him look good.

I actually routing for any QB but him. If we have Smith stepping on the field this year, I feel it will eventaully set the team back another 4-5 years. The FO won't want to admit they made yet another QB mistake.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So are you saying that if the choice is between the Jets winning many games and making the playoffs with Geno Smith OR not doing so without him you'd rather have the latter?

Just curious because that's how I read what you wrote and if that's the case you're not a JetsFan and I think the mods should do an involuntary name change to reflect that.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO

Set the team back 4-5 years? Do you have any knowledge of football? If your opinion holds true, the Jets will have a top 5 pick in 2014. The same draft that guys like Manziel and Bridgewater are coming out in. All they would do is draft another QB in the first round. 4-5 years? Are you kidding me? I think the hatred you have for Geno Smith has blinded you of reality. You're a terrible fan and a horrible person to have around here on this forum.

Not liking Smith is one thing, but wishing failure on the guy who is looked at right now as the QB of the Jets future, is another. You are a piece of shit fan. Plain and simple

13. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

I love Jets fans.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm curious as to what specifically you found unimpressive about his college play? I see an athletic guy with good pocket presence who has a strong arm, can make all the throws, is willing and able to put the ball in tight spots with accuracy, can throw with good touch when necessary and who understands defenses and makes smart football decisions. His TD/INT ratio is off the charts good too.

I'm not saying he's going to come in and light it up in the NFL but he was nothing short of impressive in college IMO.

15. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

His stats were video game good, his defense was terrible, even the Syracuse game he is killed for he outplayed Nassib, but Syracuse had like 400 yards on the ground.

I'm not afraid of his talent but I'm beginning to worry about his diva attitude and how it will fit.

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Anything from Manish and Jason Cole (aka Revis cheerleaders) needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I find it hard to believe that Geno Smith was playing on his cell phone while teams tried to talk to him.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Even if he has a diva attitude that isn't something that has set NFL QB's back over the years.

Aaron Rodgers has commercials that play off of his reputation for petulance and fits of pique. He markets himself that way. Late 1st round pick. Super Bowl winning QB.

Ben Roethlisberger fights with the Steelers management about who his coaches and receivers should be. Mid 1st round pick. Super Bowl winning QB.

Brett Favre was always on his own page in Green Bay and basically treated himself as above the team. Retire, unretire, retire, unretire. He fucked the Packers over in the preseason several times because they didn't know if he was in and they didn't know if he was out and he wanted them to beg him to play. "It's all about me" was his operating mode. Early 2nd round pick. Super Bowl winning QB.

Dan Marino?

John Elway?

Joe Namath?

Football has been full of great diva QB's since the AFL and NFL opened the space for that by expanding the number of jobs and putting a premium on talent. The first two Super Bowls went to the corporate QB. Since then they have tended to go to the great ones not the ones who played drill sergeant.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Once Geno wins the Superbowl, I hope that you're on here eating crow.

19. foreboding

foreboding Member

And you guys wonder why I am drawn to this board... :) You cannot buy this sorta drama.
    I mean the draft is just over and one of you has a pic of Geno with the word BUST on him.

20. BleedGreenDaily

When was the last time the Bills were in the playoffs?