Yahoo/Manish: Smith thought he should be and would be the No. 1 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm presuming you mean the posts about the Sanchez Sycophants...? Honestly, I don't know why I get in arguments with them anymore. I usually don't post a lot of analysis on here too often...I lurk more.

2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Geno will use his disappointment about not being a first round pick to fuel
    him to greatness!

3. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I don't even read this puke and his made up media BS. This guy is just a waste of freaking paper and bandwidth and air.

4. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

So

If the first post is accurate, kind of seems like Geno is a bit of an idiot. I mean, we all figured out he wouldn't be the #1 pick, so why couldn't he?

5. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

True

This is fair. We shouldn't necessarily believe the article because Manish wrote it. Good point.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I like his confidence I have a feeling he's gonna tear up the league this year.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Come on people. As soon as you see author is Manish Mehta, you gotta realize this article is total BS. I'm really amazed how many times people fall for it.

Geno fires agents. No reasons have been given publicly. However, Manish Mehta, professional bullshitter has the inside scoop. By coincidence, he reveals once again a negative light on the Jets without any proof.

This guy makes Cimini look like a Pulitzer writer.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I think Geno will be fine here, and you are right. If other posters can't defend their posistions they attack the poster.

Examples:
    Flajetfan
    Vanderbilt jet
    Barcs
    Abyzmul

The ignore button is a wonderful thing.

Keep posting because dialogue about the Jets is welcome no matter the viewpoint.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You "ignored" Byz? That man is pure gold on this board. I've had my run ins with him too but its all good in the end...

And its not about attacking the poster its about debate. but the debate takes a wrong turn cause people feel better about being internetz bullies.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said, I only draw the line when it becomes a personal statement, like " any one that thinks this was a good draft is an idiot, or only a moron could think that way blah blah blah"

11. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Say this with me: CONSIDER THE FUCKING SOURCE.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I used to work for one of the Top 10 NFL agents years ago...reached out to a guy who still works with him....the story is true. Said Smith is a nice guy but was absolutely convinced he was going Top 10 (not sure about him thinking #1 overall).

Felt his year was better than Barcleys when he was a junior/Top 10 pick a year ago.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That would make more sense.

14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

There were some mock drafts that had him going #1 to the Chiefs months ago, before they acquired Alex Smith.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep. Geno Smith thinking that he might be a high pick isn't in the least bit surprising.

I'm guessing that his agents didn't prepare him very well for what was happening during the pre-draft process. He wound up going much lower than they thought he would go, basically dying the draft death of a thousand cuts over the last month or two with a few major shots taken at him in the process.

The firing likely is because he didn't feel particularly well represented by them during the entire process. He's probably right. He probably should have gone in the top 20 picks.

Geno Smith getting to the 39 pick was a waste of his earning potential in this draft.

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Oh Manish, how far your pathetic trifling ass has fallen. You are now Dickchim Junior Brown.

17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Guys, stop attacking the messengers.

You guys ALWAYS attack the NY reporters when they say something you don't like. And when it's FACTUALLY BASED like this piece was, I don't understand your hostility.

Disagree with an OPINION piece all you want, but Mehta nailed it. Smith feels his agents did not 'sell' him correctly and cost him alot of $$$.

I have met many professional atheletes and I would say 80-90% of them truly believe the hype. They are not like you guys or me: most have been pampered and gotten away with EVERYTHING the last 5-10 years of their lives. Entitlement doesn't begin to understand their arrogance -- and ignorance and stupidity.

Smith seems cut from the same mold.

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Good sheep. You get an apple...a big one.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Unacceptable!! Next thing you'll know, he'll say that his goal is to win a super bowl! The audacity of this man!!!!!

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

People wouldn't be attacking the messengers so much if the messengers were not attacking the Jets so much. For most fans an attack on the team is an attack on the fans. That's just the way it is.

Manish Mehta has been an unrelentingly hostile reporter of news involving the Jets for more than a year now. Why he is doing that is understandable. He's selling product to the people who want to read bad stuff about the Jets, those being the people who hate the owner/management and all the football fans in NY who are not Jets fans and are interested in negative content about the Jets.

When I see Mehta on a byline on a story about the Jets these days I immediately go to "I wonder what he's slamming them about now." Most of the time the question is not off the mark.

There's a difference between reporting the news and selling a tale that fits your agenda. Too often Mehta is on the wrong side of the dividing line if you're actually a fan of the Jets.