2014 is the year of the Quarterback

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Apr 28, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Panthers drafted Clausen, got the overall pick the next season and picked up Cam Newton. If the Jets are out of playoff contention by week 10 give Geno all the reps and see what he can do.

We could easily draft Bridgewater next draft if he's on the board. Geno Smith won't have much time to prove he's the man.

2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

We really can't have this discussion until after we see Geno play. Plus we need to see how the rest of our team plays too.

And chances are, if we are in the position to draft one of these "franchise QBs" it means Geno didn't play well enough, assuming he started several of the games in 2013.

3. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

aaron murray, most pro ready qb comeing out next year....................

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Tell that to Matt Barkley. The kid lost millions of dollars by not declaring after his junior year when his stock was sky high and this year he went in the 4th. Ouch.

Of course "Football" and Bridgewater are coming out after next season. Barring some miracle or injury, they will be drafted in the top 5 players next season.

"Football" will be a RS soph next year and has already won a Heisman, he's done everything he can do at the college level. If he wins a BCS game this coming season then he'll definitely bolt to pros.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

He brought up two examples in the last 2 years of good QBs staying in school. Boyd could've been a 1st this year maybe but he stayed, too. You never know for sure.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Why?

Give us your reasoning. Saying you "don't think he will" is not a reason.

I'll give you millions and millions ($) of reasons why he & Teddy will declare.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

C'mon Mack, Teddy & Johnny Boy are better than any QB in 2013's draft....try again.

No reason for them to stay for the 2014 season, and risk injury.

8. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Speaking of "Suck for Luck" , how many teams will "Drown for Clown'ey' this year?

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'd be shocked if Teddy doesn't come out. Manziel, I want to see another year of.

Just saying it's never a lock for kids to come out early. Unless you're Jadeveon Clowney who tweeted "365 days" the other day.

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The best scenario for the Jets start Garrard and they tank, Geno comes up around week 8 and plays really well but the team still loses enough to be in position to draft Clowney.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Who the hell thinks about us being in position to draft a franchise QB the day after the draft is over. Odds are we wont be picking in the top 5 due to the schedule because the 5 game stretch even if we go 1-4 will prepare us to beat up on lesser skilled teams later in the year and likely meaning we finish around 7-9. We went 6-10 with this mess of a team and you mean to tell me with likely a faster defense and more efficient offense we're gonna be worse than that. Jets fans wanna suck so bad they dream of it a year in advance. Why not have faith in Geno, Rex, MM, Idzik, Hill, Richardson, etc.. instead of wanting to replace them when they make decisions you dont like

12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

We definitely won't be that bad to draft #1 overall

I see us 5-11, 6-10 tops.

13. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Its embarrassing that a lot of the jets fan base is already knocking geno and calling for his replacement before he even steps on the field in a jets uniform. First thing is I don't see us being a worse team then last year and don't see us drafting top 5, it could happen but I think we will be a better team. But then again being a better team also might not result in more wins. We were blown out in so many games last year because offensively we couldn't stay on the field let a lone put points on the board. Defense was put in terrible spots. With Marty are offense will be improved and geno is an upgrade over Sanchez but the question is when will he make his first start. Defensively I think we return to elite form. Defensive line will be an elite group and help out the backers. Cro,Wilson, milliner is a top corner trio. Landry as in the box safety along with Allen. The most important piece will be bush filling in at the other safety spot, he needs to step up and just give us consistency back there. Offensively are line should be solid, I hope we drafted 2 lineman and possibly another one that is converting from dt. Signed Colin and hopefully e can stay healthy. Ivory was in a crowded group of runbingbacks in NO and now will get to show everyone what he's made of by getting more then 7 touches a game. He is powerful, explosive, quick and can break big runs. Holmes, hill, Kerley is a solid trio for this year. I really think they will benefit from the wco system. Tight end is the question mark here. I had high hopes for Cumberland the season he tore his acl and thought e was going to make an impact. Then last year he got a lot of playing time and I was disappointed. He was the reason for a few interceptions(example:dolphins game where he didn't run his route correctly, and texans at the end where he tipped the ball up. Not the best throw but you need to make that catch). I'm really hoping Hayden smith breaks out, he has the skill set and we knew he'd be a project. Tommy bohanon will be a solid fb for us for years, fits the wco very well. In all I truely believe our offense will be better and we won't be held under ten points all the time. With this defense we don't need them to put up 35 points a game. They just need to be consistent and that's why I think Marty was the biggest offseason addition this year. Let's go Geno and let's go jets

14. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

actually Im beginning the "Jets for Jadaveon" campaign

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn bro you ever heard of paragraphs?

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

if he has another Heisman year which is very possible, he's entering the draft.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

listen guys, I'm not calling for Geno's replacement. I hope he succeeds, I really do. I'm just opening up a topic for discussion, albeit it is really early it's merely a discussion.

if Geno doesn't produce, which I hope he does because I think we can all agree we as fans want this QB mess figured out.

it's simply a "what if", that's it. I'm not calling for Geno's head.

18. NYJETS4life24

Lol sorry man

19. NYJETS4life24

Yes I did notice that you do want geno to succeed, and you should. And I guess you are right that it should be discussed. If these qb's get even better next year and we do have a chance to grab one of them then we should even if geno pans out this year. Then trade one of then for a bunch of draft picks. If geno is the answer and I really think he is then I hope we can get clowney but again I don't see us being that bad of a team.

But just picture having
    clowney-Richardson-Wilkerson-coples. You think giants had an amazing line before? Honestly I think that line would be a lot better then the sack exchange. Then again we haven't even seen our trio step on the field together and more of belief in coples stepping up and becoming a huge playmaker and also Richardson. That's would be a dream though but I don't see us having a shot at clowney

20. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

That could potentially be the greatest line I've ever seen. Just the thought of that makes me excited. Too bad there's a 0.01% chance of that happening.