The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

What NFL team was Geno playing for last year?

They both suck, and neither should have been picked. Anyone who actually follows the college game could see it easily.

2. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Stats absolutely matter in college. Especially when you look at competition. Geno can ball period. Halfway they the season he was a heisman candidate. He ran a very complex O that averaged 100 plays a game. That's ridiculous. And yet he led the nation in efficiency.

You guys need to start watching these guys play bc it's silly to compare Klingler who played nobodies his Sr year to Geno.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This may be the funniest line I've heard in quite some time.

4. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

You're the one who made the comparison. So back it up.

I watch college. Why shouldn't Geno have been picked in the 2nd round??

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Glad to have you Geno, now go prove the detractors wrong.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

maybe i can warm up to browning nag.... oooh did you see what happened there!

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I guess if you have a set a low bar and are okay with mediocrity. How many division, conference or SB titles do we have in the last 10 years?

One of the most successful franchises?? I think 15 different teams have played for the SB title since '03 (nearly half the league) with 8 different winners (1/4 of the league). Obviously the Jets aren't one of them. Some playoff wins don't make us "one of the most successful franchises over the last 10 years". Wow.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think he means when compared to the Bills.

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

... maybe he adapts to an NFL system well. you said it yourself, he hasn't played with a pro team yet.

Maybe with some time to learn this supposedly timing based new offense, some tweaks to what skill is already there and some experience in live game situations he can be good.

obviously most drafted weren't in NFL systems, they have to learn. Do you think Geno can't?

10. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Why not hopefully Geno beats out?

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I know. I'm so confused by the reactions this week. Everyone loves Richardson who has such a small body of work and was projected as a late first rounder/2nd rounded. Then we get Geno who could have been no. 3 overall and people wanna riot. It's so bizarre.

12. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Thank you NJBeliever....THANK YOU!

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't like it, not impressed by the tape I've seen so far. Think it's a bad call.

14. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

If he sucks at least it'll be a new guy. Gives us longer till all hope runs out again. But I do think the Jets will get it right this time and coach him up until he's ready to succeed and let him watch and learn from Gerard. I like his comp % and I like what Dilfer said about his ability to absorb playbook info. He has tools, and this time a better OC to oversee the grooming. Our WRs are perfect for this offense. We just need another TE and we're in good shape to compete.

15. Jets draft a QB at a fantastic spot value wise. If he doesn't work out just draft another one. It's the most important position on the field & a spot the Jets have struggled for decades.

W/ the rookie wage scale now in place, Jets don't have to apologize to any of you naysayers. There's no shame in missing on a QB permitted you draft/pay responsibly.

16. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Some people must have thought it was a lock for the Jets to go 2-14 and be there for the number one pick

Even though there was no guarantee of that and the Jets probably would have gone 6-10 again or 7-9 and been out of position to draft the 1 or 2 QB people are dreaming will be gift wrapped for the Jets next year.

Geno fell to the Jets in the second round and they're panicking.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Brutal. Hope I'm wrong but I think we're picking a QB high next year as well to replace him.

Career backup material.

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Geno Smith will be out of the NFL by the 2016 season

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

nice college career but only average 7.7 yards per pass in the air and 115 of his completitons were screens...really makes his numbers look a lot better.

And we have nothing like Austin catching screens, an average TE, and a mixed bag at running back.

They better find someone that can catch a 2 yard dump pass and make something out of it.