2013 NFL Draft Thread #2

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Petrozza, Apr 25, 2013.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Richardson pick makes me believe that the Jets are going to take Margus Hunt rd 2.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

[​IMG]

He would be ideal but I think Idzik is feeling too much pressure to draft offense and he won't be there by the third.

#762 Don, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I've thought about it all night and I'm still not happy about the Richardson pick. That pick had to be Eifert or a trade down.

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Bills & Pats really awesome job on trading down. Too bad Jets couldn't do the same.

After some sleep, I'm not as frustrated as before but still feeling disappointed. Was hoping this entire draft would have at most 2 defensive players & they'd be OLB or NT and then Safety. Instead, the Jets are entering round 2 & still need OLB, Safety. And still need help all over the offense.

Just so confused/disenchanted by what's going on here.

#764 ajax, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The pick went in with 30 seconds left on the clock..I am sure they were trying to trade it and couldn't get a partner.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

What I'm hearing so far and reading is the Jets did have offers for the #13 pick they just didn't take them. I think it came down to Rex pleading to not trade down and take the DL.

This draft reaks of Ryan's influence.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they did do a good job of trading down but you have to keep in mind:

- the Bills could be very relaxed about moving out of their spot as they planned to pick a player really early when they could be 99% certain no-one else was going to jump ahead to get him

- for the Pats, its pretty easy to trade down at the end of the first as there are always people wanting to double dip on a sliding target, and the price people have to pay is not the same as moving up to a top 15 pick.

the only team that really traded high up the board that might have traded with the Jets spot was to take a player that the Jets wanted and so it was never an option.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm hoping for one of these in round 2: Keenan Allen, Zack Ertz, Patton, Gio, Nassib, Geno, Warford.

9. PuMa

PuMa Banned

CBS made a mock after the 1st round.. Gio's stock must of went down because they dont even have him in the 2nd round.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've calmed down from my rage over our picks yesterday. I still don't like the Richardson pick but I'm also not particularly aware of his body of work, just mad because of the position they picked over so many other glaring areas of need.

Milliner I've come around a bit on. I still think they could have picked someone better or a better area of need but it's not the worst pick in the round. Plus, I read an article (I think it was on ganggreen.com) that basically said that they think it was a long term solution at CB and not just this year because they think Cromartie is going to get cut after this year and Wilson might be gone too if he's not good enough.

More than anything it's just bad optics considering we trade the best CB in the game and later that week draft a CB with a top 10 pick.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Anyone notice the past 2 years we picked a DT and everyone says we must be going to a 4-3

With what explosive rusher off the edge, we mix it up a ton but we are a 3-4/46 team with some 4-3 looks but even then we mostly go with 3 down linemen most of the time

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You have to remember that unless Milliner is Revis 2.0, he will never ever make $16M per year (and maybe not even then). That's the huge difference. If the guy is 80% of what Revis was at his best, I think most people should be happy.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I do agree with you, it was more a money issue and that might be why Cro will be gone next year as well so it's good that we get a talented CB now and give him some time in the system and whatnot instead of trying to pick one up next year when maybe there isn't one as NFL ready available and will have to step in day one and contribute which is often difficult for rookie CBs.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Exactly, we still no pass rush (how do these guys always fall to the Steelers?) we passed on Vaccaro and we neglected the OL. I just hope that Richardson to Vaccaro doesn't turn into Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed..... very very similar circumstances.

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I like both picks even though I don't really care for the positions. I'm sure they tried to trade down and couldn't find a good trade partner. They got the best interior d lineman and the best corner in the draft. They will have both under contract for 5 years. They both are relatively low risk compared to some other boom/bust players. Sheldon, Coples and Mowilk are going to be a handful for any team. I know everyone wants offense but I would strongly consider getting that pass rusher in Tank Carradine at 39. Follow the Giants blueprint of control the game from the defensive line.

16. ukjet1993

ukjet1993 New Member

What channel will the draft be on?
    as it's not on skysports in the uk.
    Any live streams?

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

First row pretty much has a permanent NFL Network stream.

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking offense has to be the target in round 2 (although if Cyprien falls to our pick, I'd have a TOUGH time not picking him, he's my favorite safety in this class).

Warford
    Allen/Hunter/Woods for WR's
    Ertz (If he slips past the 49ers)

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you can sign up for a free trial of NFL gamepass until Sunday and watch it all on that.