Im done.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Apr 25, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Makes sense. Instead of just firing him he needs to sabotage the team and then fire him.

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Can't just fire him, Woody has a hard-on for Rex. Rex used Tanny as the scape goat this year, but next year it will be all on him.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

That would be the dumbest thing ever. If you want to fire Rex, you flat out fire him. You dont have to blow 2 first round picks in order to justify it.

4. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Maybe they are going at an unbalanced approach, but the Seahawks seem to have favored more defensive players than offensive guys in the last 3 years as well. Last year, they had 2 guys drafted on offense, and 3 the year before I believe. While Wilson was really good last year, his supporting cast wasn't exactly an All Star team, besides Lynch.

If last year is any indication, I expect offense in the next two rounds, and then probably focus back on defense. Maybe WR/TE/S in the next three rounds.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

100% agree with this. The happiest moments of the draft for me were when Ansah and Mingo went 5 and 6. No chance for raw potential bust picks for the Jets after those two were off the board.

6. Br4d

Texans, 49ers and Seahawks have all overloaded on defense last few years with good results. It's one of the answers to not having a topflight QB.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This could be mean if it pans out.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I would have exploded if Mingo was the pick. Ansah has a huge bust potential as well but I think going to Detroit he has some really good nasty DL to help him out.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

there's still 6 rounds to go. why are you guys complaining? our guys probably didn't think there was an offensive talent worthy of the pick when we were picking.

sure Warmack would have been great, but he doesn't fit in a WCO.

be optimistic.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

They also have great offensive pieces in place that allow them to go defense year in and year out.

11. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Yeah, but Seattle wasn't anything special before Wilson. The Texans already had a good offense, and the 49ers had a good base on offense as well with a good RB, stud TE.

I think the problem with us loading up on defense is that, our offense sucks. Part of it is the QB, but I'd atleast like them to start targeting some playmakers.

Maybe they can go Hunter and then pair him with Bray in like the 4th or 5th maybe. One of the main problems I had with Sanchez seemed to me that once he loses trust in his WRs, he avoids them and forces the ball elsewhere. Hill seemed to be open multiple times, but after that drop against NE (and that jump ball against Pitt), he just shied away from him. Bray atleast would spread the throws around it seems.

12. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

I thought you were done. Why are you still here?

13. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

I'm wondering if Austin is the guy Jets brass really wanted at #9...if so, disappointing that we tipped our hand and got out-maneuvered by Buffalo/STL. Was hoping the days of having an inferior personnel department were behind us.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ha very funny asshole.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Easy there funny guy... lax is one of the best posters we have here when it comes to the draft. He posts in this forum in August when there are 2 other people in here. His opinion is pretty good and he is entitled to blow off some steam.

16. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Are you guys actually watching Richardson play? He's pretty sick fellas.

17. Br4d

The Texans added Arian Foster alongside the defense and things went straight up for them. The 49ers had Frank Gore and Vernon Davis. The Seahawks added Marshawn Lynch.

The Jets definitely need some pieces on offense at this point. Having a great defense would let them add those pieces in a bit at a time and get where they need to go.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah I understand. Im hoping (praying) that they adress the offense tmw. Idzik came from an organization that hit big time on a mid round QB and RB so maybe he's thinking along the same lines here.

And thanks for that Barry^

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Couldn't a similar thing be said about Richardson?

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Finally someone who isn't throwing themselves under the train!

I can understand some folks being a bit disappointed that the player they wanted drafted being a bit upset, but some of the reactions here are absolutely absurd.
    Before going off the rails, just and wait and see what happens in the rest of the draft.