horribe 2 picks in the first....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That is true. I've said in other threads, but I"m waiting for the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Hasn't Idzik and Seattle drafted a D or O lineman as a first round pick in most drafts...?

2nd and 3rd is where you find most talent, I think.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, lets hope IDK gets lucky.

3. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It clearly was for Idzik and the staff. Not even up for debate.

4. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

The only way this could have gone any worse is if they drafted a QB

5. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I know we're getting a QB next...I'm longing for the days of Dewayne Robertson...

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Can we finish the draft before we talk about how bad it is? I gotta say if Milner and Richardson pan out, our d had a beast base for the future. And we still have 6 picks left. So stop being a bunch of overreactive little girls.

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

These were not bad picks. First of all, we aren't "moving to a 4-3." Does anyone remember that article about how the Seahawks have been drafting and slowly putting all the pieces in place to create the team they have now? Competition and players at low cost is how they did it. We needed another CB and Milliner was arguably BPA. Revis is gone, do you really want Kyle Wilson opposite Cro? He has had 3 years as a pro, who really thinks he's going to improve? Milliner gives us a guy who could be a pro bowler at some point, and at a draft pick's pay grade which protects us against having to keep Cro after his big contract becomes too expensive for his play. We cut Pou'ha, and Kenrick Ellis was not on the field a whole lot last year, so if Richardson was their most coveted DT I'm fine with the pick. There were no pass-rushers left worth the 13th overall pick, so who else would you want? If the draft room is sure Jarvis Jones is either too much of an injury risk, too much of a one trick pony, or both, who would you want them to select other than Richradson?

All this draft for need crap wouldn't get us anywhere, remember who we just traded away. We are in a rebuild, and when you are rebuilding you don't reach for need, you take the players who are going to be the new core players of the team. The past few years that was Revis, Mangold, Ferguson, Harris, and "Sanchez". Now it will be Wilkerson, Coples, Milliner, and Richardson. We can hope guys like Stephen Hill and DeMario Davis step up and play well but when you are a new GM coming in you don't count on it, you build your own team. Only 2 WR's were picked in the first, and we have the 39th overall so whine all you want about not addressing our offensive issues but Tavon Austin was the only guy worth our pick and he was gone, no one other than Eifert was there and I don't think any TE is worth a top 20 pick ever.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why not take OLB, Safety, WR, TE, o line, and QB in the middle rounds? history has proven great ones at those positions can be had in the middle rounds as well.

9. JetBlue

I am just shocked that all you experts just give away your wisdom here on the Jets board rather than make money with it by being employed by an NFL team, or a sports network, or even a credible website. either you aren't bright enough to figure out how to get hired by these organizations and make money with your supposed brilliance, or you don't actually know shit.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I can see why they drafted the corner. We need more cover guys, we'll probably see him play safety and bounce around the backfield in heavy coverage sets. I'm not sure I agree with NT, however. Ellis is decent, but we have greater needs on the oline and at LB. I would have picked Warmack and Jarvis Jones, but I guess they really are just picking best available. The only problem with that is we need an offense. I'm kind of annoyed asshole Schotty swooped in and stole Austin. I think the Jets were strongly considering him. Fuck the Bills. That was a spite move.

#90 Barcs, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  11. JetBlue

the Bills wanted a QB, and were able to trade back, get another pick, and still grab the QB they wanted. there was no reason for them to stay where they were if that was the player they wanted.

12. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Well their board stinks. The guy had 5 good games for his career. He has phenomenal measurables. but so did Gholston...

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Not for nothing but Richardson was predicted to go around 15-20. So they took him 13, that's not such a reach. And the first Jet pick is a tremendous pick, putting that down is ridiculous.

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The cornerback was the best player available and an excellent pick and Richardson was picked to go 15-20, so what's the crying? Prisco didn't love the Richardson pick but called him a heck of a player.

15. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

lmfao why are we attributing Seattle, who has never won a SB, to Idzik?

Bc they rolled the dice on a stud QB in the 2nd round? Fuck the Seahawks. No offense, but one good season with a stud QB they got lucky on doesn't make them the model franchise.

The Steelers, ARE a model franchise. And they took the kid we should have at a much greater position of need in Jarvis Jones. But I'm sure Terry Bradway and a rookie cap guy GM know more than the Steelers organization.

16. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I don't get why NFL teams even have scouting departments. Idzik could just go on the draft forum an hour before the draft and do a bang up job.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

tomorrow has to go TE/RB/OG/WR ----- you can't draft defense again...at some point you have to do something for this offense. They have a shot in the first hour tomorrow to improve this offense...they better start.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Far and away BPA, he was 3-6 on every major board, sat, strong hard hitting. Excellent choice.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have a lot of trouble disagreeing with this. The Steelers always pick the guy I want and he always ends up being a stud. Same with the Giants, to a smaller degree.

If Milliner and 9Wonderlic end up as busts or JAGs, can we finally put to rest this bullshit about the Jets scouting department being well respected around the league?

Because I don't see too many teams, aside from Oakland, beating our door down for scouting talent.

#99 abyzmul, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Total over reach for Manuel, and they had a trade partner because the Rams knew the Jets were targeting Austin with the 13th pick, but I guess you don't get that.