Im done.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Apr 25, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Personally, I think Richardson plays outside with Wilk inside. The Jets raved about his athleticism, which in my eyes translates to a DE rather than a DT. Maybe he loses 10 pounds and slims down a little to play at 285, which is more or a 4-3 DE weight than 295.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Richardson is a gap shooter. Despite playing tackle his best attribute is his quickness. He screams 3T. Wilk has the hands and first step for end. He is also down to about 295 this offseason.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, who knows at this point. Hopefully they explain the picks more and where theyll be playing.

4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idzik said sheldon richardson and dee milliner were in the top 4 on their board and he wanted to look for offense, but just didn't see the value

gotta respect that

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I have hope, but am a bit disappointed in whom we got.

That said, if this works out, we may have just rebuilt the sack exchange.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, Im pretty bummed, but Im sure Ill have optimism soon. They better now focus on rebuilding this offense. 5 years since they spent a 1st on an offensive player and I think over a decade since on an offensive skill player. Sad.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

3 of the next four picks should go that way, but we will see.

Remember everyone hated my mock in November where 4 of the first 5 picks where D ... Well we are half way there lol.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't count on this. It's info that's worth knowing to people who need to scheme against the Jets.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

You dont think even the slightest bit of detail on if they are even moving to a 4-3 will be said? Or if Richardson is a DT or DE?

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What is he gonna say? We didn't really want these guys but they fell to us? I also thought I saw something about us trying to trade 13 and nobody was interested? That doesn't seem like a possibility if Richardson was in our top 4.

11. Br4d

Yeah, if Dee Milliner falls to 9 what are you going to do? Take some guy who is 5 slots down your board instead?

The interesting story for me in 3 years will be what led the Jets to take Richardson over Star and Floyd. I had all 3 of them in the top 10 but I thought Richardson was the least of them. I'll be interested to hear what the Jets thought.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

we didn't trade out of 13, so clearly richardson was in our top 4. i don't understand why idzik would lie about his board

13. Br4d

I don't think we'll know as of game 8 next year if we're moving to a 4-3 or not. The Jets mix fronts so much that it'll be hard to tell.

14. Barry the Baptist

If we were moving toa 4-3 don't you think we would have hired Rob Ryan?

15. Barry the Baptist

The same reason Rex Ryan said he had Kyle Wilson rated ahead of Joe Haden. Guys lie about this stuff all the time. We didn't trade out because we couldn't find a partner. If the 49ers were willing to move up we would have traded it in a heartbeat.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

ok ill take your word over john idzik's

17. Barry the Baptist

I'm not telling you to do that but to completely dismiss the fact that he could possibly be lying is not something I'm willing to do. These picks have Rex's fingerprints all over them.

18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

It just sucks that the Bills opened up the chance to snatch Austin away from us. When 9 and 13 happened it was bang bang and seemed terrible but reflecting I never really expected Milliner because I always thought he'd be gone by 9 because he's a really good player but guess that's not a very good reason to hate picking somebody. Only watched Richardson briefly before draft but tbh I've seen this as more of a 4-3 defense that was being weighed down by 3-4 for a while now. It's true that only Ellis really has a clear home on the line at NT but these are 3 athletic guys that can all get at the quarterback and even if they don't project to one natural spot perfectly they should be able to move all around and create a lot of looks and blitz threats. This guy can even drop into coverage too on occasion.

I kind of like the picks long term despite being totally opposite of what I wanted going in. Plus losing next year helps and there won't be any illusions of having a good year next year so no crushed expectations.

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This is the GM building up ammo to fire Rex next year.

"Rex, I let you have the players you wanted and we still sucked."

20. Barry the Baptist

Well I'll say this regarding the Millner pick. I'm glad the Browns took Mingo because he's going to be the biggest bust in the draft. Had they taken Millner we might have taken Mingo. I'd rather Millner over Mingo.