17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its gonna be a long season. A week 1 win might be the highlight of the season. Nov. & Dec. will be half empty, no media coverage, no one see's our games but the 2 teams playing. Kinda like Herm's and Manigin's last year. I guess Rex's last year also. This sucks, we are rebuilding for one year and then we have to start over with a new coach. Woody really f'ed up not firing Rex this year. What a joke

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 we all hope that they somehow win games this year but like you I just don't see it happening. This is why I thought everyone from Tanny on down needed to go. If you are going to start fresh DO IT! If Rex does fail this year and gets fired what do we do start over again next season ? Fire all these new assistant coaches you just hired ?
    We all knew that a new GM was going to rebuild it his way , at least any real GM would do that . So far it appears that is what's going to happen and keeping Rex seems to be a mistake. If he winds up winning games with this group of players and these personel holes on off and def more power to him and he should be retained but again this is a big hill to climb with a not so soft schedule. I agree the warehouse of a stadium will look like an abandoned warehouse come November and December but time will tell.
    I am hoping for a grand slam of a draft but this thing is a crapshoot,,,it appears to me that this team will be better 2 or 3 years down the road but that also remains to be seen.
    In keeping with this thread I am glad I bailed on my season tix 3 years ago, cherry picking games is the life for me now and thank goodness I did not got talked into buying a cock a mammy PSL ,,,,I honestly feel for you guys that did and want to get out of them but can't ! As for you guys that are content with your psl I say that's good news .

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Content PSL holder here – funny story… just received a vm from a NYJ’s sales representative who said the following “ Mr. Smith – Jason from the NYJ’s just following up with you regarding the inquiry you had earlier this year about purchasing upper deck seats. Please call me back so I can go over the great seats we still have available” WHAT?? For the record, I never called the NYJ’s to ever discuss additional tickets. Has anyone else received these calls? Wouldn’t surprise me if they are deploying this type of marketing campaign by going after season ticket holders… but to lie and tell me I called about extra tickets is just flat out wrong.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Heh-heh.... Well, what else is new? Lying is Standard Operating Procedure (we called it "SOP" in the military). Lying and deceit has been the Playbook since on or about the date Woody Johnson bought the team from the late Leon Hess' heirs. Hmmmm.... a coincidence?

I personally know several people who knew Leon Hess "in the day." From the Perth Amboy area, they actually knew the family and the young Leon Hess who grew his family's oil business, when he was accessable and easy to talk to and socialize with.

And to a man, they all attest that Leon was a man of honor and integrity... honest as the day is long and a man who never forgot his humble beginnings. And above all, he was fair with his customers and wouldn't price-gouge even if he had the opportunity to do so. That's the kind of Jets owner he was too.

All has changed with Woody Johnson. Totally different ball game. Leon Hess is probably rolling in his grave watching what this scumbag has done to his beloved fanbase.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Biggest issue is he's not a good head coach and deserved to be fired, he's just a defensive coordinator. Anybody could see that after last year. Typical Jet, New GM is told he has to retain current head coach and next year new coach is told by GM he has to retain current coaching staff. Always ass backwards and that's our owner in a nut shell

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hess did shit for the NYJs fans in his 30 years of so of majority ownership. I for one hope he is burning in hell just as Woody will when he departs his golden spoon world :sad;

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Leon was the last owner to not require us to pay pre-season and when he raised ticket prices, he almost apologized when doing so. The man wanted to win, it was a toy, not an investment. Unfortunately,other then hiring Parcells he was an idiot owner who handed the keys to some of the stupidest front office and coaches the NFL has ever seen. The Kensils and Walton are just 2 guys that had to kill someone to be fired. I guess it all comes down to the moronic owners we have had. Its just that the current one is a lousy owner and a douche bag.

#17367 sec314, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  8. championjets69

For a dedicated fan like yourself U should not know what U posted is totally inaccurate. The charging for the xhibition tix came with the hiring of BP & BP even explained it as necessary to pay him in his introduction presser. Leon's only care in the universe was Hess Oil. Just like Woody he took the NYJs fans money & gave them nothing in return. To bad when Hess departed we got a downgrade instead of a upgrade which is why I say both of them should burn in hell :sad:

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Sounds accurate to me. The post said Leon Hess was the last owner to not charge for preseason games, which is true. In other words, eventually every team in the league charged their fans for pre-season games except the Jets...until Leon finally charged us for them. Leon Hess was the owner when Parcells came in. Don't blame others for your lack of reading comprehenson.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Redskins were the other team that did not force ticket holders to buy pre-seasons. Not sure they year it ended. Thanks Gator, I am glad its not just me, I mean I said Leon held out as long as he could. IGNORE!!!!!

11. Section 227. Row 5

You're only scratching the surface, believe me. Tip of the iceberg.

Sigmund Freud would have a field day trying to figure this one out.

12. championjets69

& Here U are claiming Hess was the last owner.

sec314
    Totally Addicted

vCash: 2000

Leon was the last owner to not require us to pay pre-season and when he raised ticket prices, he almost apologized when doing so. The man wanted to win, it was a toy, not an investment. Unfortunately,other then hiring Parcells he was an idiot owner who handed the keys to some of the stupidest front office and coaches the NFL has ever seen. The Kensils and Walton are just 2 guys that had to kill someone to be fired. I guess it all comes down to the moronic owners we have had. Its just that the current one is a lousy owner and a douche bag.
    Last edited by sec314; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.

You should ban yourself from the board for being the #1 hypocrite on the board

:sad:

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I peaked at Champs last post. I am not sure if you guys are 1/2 kidding when you bust him, but I really think this man has lost it. I truly have no idea what he's talking about, how does he interpurt my posts? Its like he's a little kid and he's so mad that everyone has seen the real champ, he's become delusional. I can't even grasp one point of his post. I think LEON was the last Jet owner or current owner? I am hypocrite because I have my ticket and 2 other friends tickets in my name for 33 years and I am a ticket broker like he is even though I pay for one. Last time I read him, just wanted to a final word. He needs to be suspended until he gets some help.

#17373 sec314, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if your a ticket broker,then we all are ticket brokers.tickets in my name and chrebet86 buys seats from me. i guess i should charge him a service fee

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im so glad to never see his posts anymore!!!

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

Except for one thing......The Skins and Jets were the last two teams to not charge for preseason. Then the Skins started charging, leaving the Jets as the only team not to charge for the preseason.

17. Section 227. Row 5

No. We keep him around for levity, perspective and reality checks. I don't want him looking for any help. The entertainment value drops if he gets help. His world stopped in 1969 and resulted in a true, classic case of arrested development coupled with an over-the-top collapse of any sort of anger management. Throw in dillusionality. Priceless.

Nowhere else on the face of the earth are you going to find a NY Jets fan with this degree of twisted, convoluted, irrelevent and completely dillusionally dysfunctional mindset. This man is truly a New York Jets-fan icon.

Get him some help? Why TF do we want to do that? This is too much fun.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My buddy has end zone psl,,,he spoke to several people that he has become friends with in his section and none of them are renewing tix .they are going to eat what they owe money wise and say they are bolting,,,,will post more if I hear anything else

19. Section 227. Row 5

"OK, he's only 5-8, 174. So what? He's a dynamic playmaker with 4.34 speed in the 40 who can score from anywhere. The Jets need to energize their fan base and their offense and getting the ball in Austin’s hands will do that — and help Mark Sanchez."

I love this sort of thing.

Here's an "analyst" telling the world that Austin would be a good pick because the Jets need to "energize" their fanbase.

Ahh...... yeah. I'd be down with that.

And.... yeah... okay. Help Mark Sanchez?

Is that possible?

20. Section 227. Row 5

This is not uncommon.