NBC Sports: Chris Ivory Visits Jets (Update: Traded to Jets for 4th round pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Apr 13, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was already mentioned but I would think that Mcknight would be trade bait if we were to acquire Ivory. Mcknight is going into the final year of his rookie contract and I'm pretty sure that neither he or the Jets would have interest in him staying.

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Loomis is trying to build a market for Ivory. Stick to the 6th, and if there is no deal by Friday night, then just go ahead and draft a RB.

Plenty of guys in this draft that were just like Ivory was in college, and could have decent ceilings. Guys like Knile Davis are intriguing.

3. goat784

goat784 Banned

Don't know if we could get much for him if it went down like that. I would just keep him as the KR then take a 7th rounder in return.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Saints GM playing the bluff saying multiple teams interested in Ivory

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This, and I wouldn't be shocked if there were NO other offers. This screams of a GM trying to call another GM's bluff.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Fifth at most.

7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed...but maybe we can send Tebow and the 6th to NO for Ivory? Or would the Saints want a 3rd if we included Tebow?

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Bigger question is why would anyone want to acquire Tim Tebow and the headache he brings, let alone trade anything for him?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would give a fourth round pick for the opportunity to see a backfield comprised of Ivory, Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell and The Dark McNugget manning the backfield of a WCO.

I hope this gets done.

10. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

On Profootballtalk

Mickey Loomis says no Chris Ivory deal is imminent

Posted by Josh Alper on April 23, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT

The pre-draft press conferences held by NFL general managers are normally short on specifics, but Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis did own up to something on Tuesday afternoon.

He admitted that the Saints have engaged in trade talk with the Jets about running back Chris Ivory. The Jets hosted Ivory on a visit before he signed his restricted free agent tender with the Saints last week and there were reports of a trade offer on the table even before Ivory put pen to paper. Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that Loomis also said that there have been discussions with other teams regarding a deal for Ivory.

No deal is imminent at the moment, although there wouldn’t figure to be much action this far ahead of the middle rounds of the draft. The Jets are believed to be offering something around the fifth round and the Saints don’t need to be in any hurry to take that pick without letting the early rounds of the draft play out first.

With Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles and Mark Ingram at running back, the Saints have enough depth to trade Ivory without hurting their run game. Given their needs on defense and at left tackle, an extra pick could come in handy later this week.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really hope that's posturing. Fourth and a seventh. And maybe a sixth next year...

I want to see a Jets WCO with that backfield.

12. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

No because McKnight is special teams, Ivory is from scrimmage...unrelated. If they draft Tavon Austin, THEN you will very likely see McKnight traded for a late rounder.

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Right. Because the headache he brought to our team, was um, what exactly? Oh right, he made our pathetic QB "nervous" and "insecure."

Tebow brought ZERO headache or drama to the team last year. We had a QB who has FIFTY TWO TURNOVERS in 2 seasons and throws pick 6's like he's on the take from the other team. That is a heachache and in fact the most expensive headache in medical history.

All that being said, it would be great to include Tebow in the package for Ivory.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

the media coverage is a headache for any fan base or organization

the only team who should bring Tebow in is the team that will build around him so he has 2 choices

1. Orlando Predators
    2. Ohio State Buckeyes

15. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

How did it affect the team? Give me an example. This is such an overblown statement at this point. I followed the news on the team almost every day of last season. Where was the controversial article that sent shockwaves through the locker room? What special "exclusive" on Tebow hurt people's feelings and destroyed chemistry?

If you are going to make this statement and actually followed the team last year, provide some evidence.

16. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

You're being obtuse.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am guessing if the Jets are on the clock sometime Saturday and there is a RB they like they will make one more call to NO to take it or leave it and then draft one instead.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the saints put the 2nd round tender on ivory. and he signed it which is $2.5 million. the saints DO NOT want to pay that for their 4th RB. they have pierre thomas sproles and ingram. so if they want us to take him off their books it will be a 6th or nothing. Lord Idzik is playing hardball so take your tennis rackets out of here.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Word!!!

Idzik is the man. All of these transactions are like a game of poker to him. Never show your cards

20. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Not in the least. The Tebow "distraction" is just overhype. There was no distraction. Sanchez was just pathetic and is not an NFL-caliber QB. That was "the distraction." When you still somehow have a chance at the playoffs in week 11 despite mediocre play, with a cake schedule on the way out and your "Franchise QB" is pic 6'ing games away like he's on payroll for the opposition or the mob, that's "drama."

The QB who caused all the turmoil, distraction and headaches last year was SANCHEZ. And this was probably due to him being the worst full-season starter of the past decade. While it's convenient to blame Tebow based on this supposed "distraction" and "circus" he brings, that never materialized in any meaningful way last year. He rarely touched the field, had no entourage and was really just a non-factor.

So trying to advance this notion is just perpetuating a falsehood. He was a backup QB who did absolutely nothing meaningful on the field or off. That's who he was in NY and who he will always be because he's good as gone now. Anything else is just untrue nonsense.