Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

If Revis is still on the roster next March, the pick becomes a 3rd rounder. It's just conditioned on him still being on the team.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is a 4th that can be a 3rd as long as he is on the Bucs roster come the draft.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What's funny is that Revis correctly points out that it's a business when he's holding out but when he gets traded because he wants more money than the Jets are willing to give he whines about how the Jets have no loyalty.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think Idzik is doing his best in a tough situation, even tho i'm not a fan of how Revis situation turned out.

These factors are the criteria i'll look at b4 passing any judgement on Idzik:

1) How he manages this agenda driven media frenzy (so far so good)
    2) How he addresses the salary cap (so far very good)
    3) Revis situation (I'm not a fan of outcome, but recognize tough situation)
    4) 2013 Draft (TBD, and possibly the most crucial)
    5) How he addresses QB (TBD. Garrard not enough. do we draft one this year?)
    6) How he addresses coaching staff. (TBD. A knee jerk reaction or predisposition to firing would be a big mistake barring a complete no effort, no result season).

5. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

He said he was hurt that the team was looking to trade him. Why shouldn't he have been?? Once Idzik got hired, trading him was all you heard. And they communicated NOTHING to him to change that perception. They said they did not shop him at the combine and then a dozen GMs off the record said they were shopping him like crazy.

If a team wants to trade a player that is their right. I have no issue with the "business" aspect of the team. but there are still ways you can handle these things so you do not alienate your best player and 2nd or 3rd best of all time. It just made no sense that they were so cold and publicly against keeping he guy.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He said he was upset because they said "We want you to remain a Jet" but never came to him with any negotiations

At the end of the day he had to go only because they didn't want him

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think everybody feels lousy but it was still the right thing to do.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Even worse he says the Jets don't want to win.

9. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I agree except with No. 4 on your list. I would already give Idzik a good grade there. I think the QB situation is fine. Signing Garrard was excellent. He will make no waves, will be happy with any role he is in. And he can actually read a defense and thrown an accurate ball beyond 10 yards which puts him light years above Sanchez talent wise. If the plan is use Garrard as a one year stop gap to draft Teddy Bridgewater with the No 1 or 2 overall next year, I'm all for it.

10. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

He got his 16mil...stfu and move. Stay classy Revis!

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah there's an overall downgrade to the CB position, but I mentioned earlier, I think Wilson/Cro is a solid CB duo in the NFL and I think Trufant/Lankster/Wilson/Cro is a solid 4. You are't going to have all pros down the depth chart.

I don't think Cro will be used exactly the same way as Revis, but he will be covering the #1 wide receiver going forward, I would assume. I would find it interesting if we went to Buffalo and all of sudden Wilson was covering Stevie Johnson most of the game and not Cro. Or we play TB and Wilson is on Vjax while Cromartie isn't. I figure Cro is going to take the majority of the job covering/following the 1 receiver. I don't believe Cro is a left/right field player like Nnamdi was.

Manish on the other hand was coming off pro Revis the other day. Lot of Jets blogs are speculating that Revis' agents have been his sources for a lot of the "Jets making mistake" article. Who knows, that's all it is, rumors.

Cimini's last article on the Revis trade was very in depth, I enjoyed it.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

How can you give him a good grade when no one has been drafted?

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

How where the Jets going to establish a market price for Revis if they didn't know what the market was for him? By shopping Revis the Jets gave Revis the ability to find a partner that was willing to give the Jets value and pay him maximum market price.

Again I had no issue keeping Revis or trading him. I do think the idea that allowing his agent to negotiate with other teams and putting him in the market was somehow a dis of Revis.

The Jets did Revis an enormous favor. He is going to make 7 million more dollars this year than he would have if he played for the Jets under contract. That may be a dis where you come from, where I come from the Jets gave Revis a full body message with a happy ending thrown in.

The Jets sold Revis cheap and Revis got 7 million for it. Not a bad days work for a guy who played a handful of downs last year and was paid a stupid amount of money to rehab.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Revis is at Tropicana Field, being interviewed right now live on ESPN.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

He threw out the first pitch and it was not pretty.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

BS, When he gets traded he is not appreciated, when he is under contract he feels underpaid, and the BS of giving him a bonus for showing up to voluntary camp is a recognition of how stupid we were about over paying his cry baby ass.
    Good luck with that TB.

17. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

You have got to be shitting me, they didn't want him!? They didn't want him at 16 Million a year because of the impact it had on the teams ability to be competitive at other positions. Do you even remember how Reivs and his agents treated the jets? Get a fucking grip.

Look at all your posts the past two days (and more if you care). You are straight emotion and zero to minimal logic. Jets fans like you associate more with a player than the team as a whole, while I get that it usually leads to a false sense of reality. Much like the last two days for you. I hope you get better soon

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Agree if he wanted to be a Jet for life he would not have held out in 2010 and demanded more money from the owner 10 times. Not defending Woody because he has his faults.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

what to do with my "Revis Island" and "Revis Christ" t-shirts?...

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Excuse the fuck out of me

BUT

Woody did not want Revis on the team, Revis said Woody didn't even want to talk to his people

This could have all been handled in 2010 but it wasnt

I really dont care anymore but all sides had their faults and in the end the split was necessary