Did Idzik Do Good w/ Revis Trade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Did Idzik Do Well w/ Trade?

1. Yes. He took the best possible offer given the circumstances.

216 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No. He dropped the ball on this one and should/could have gotten more.

38 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have been frustrated as shit reading all the negative remarks toward this trade Idzik made. People seem to forget that Revis not only is injured, but would have been entering free agency after this coming season. They also seem to forget that TB was the only team showing interest in him at this point.

Idzik asked for tons more and no one took the bait. He settled for the best deal we could have possibly been given. He took the deal with the only other option being Revis walks and we receive a compensation pick.

I put all the blame on Tanny with this one for giving us ZERO leverage to work with, but I would love to see what the overall consensus on here is in regards to Idzik and this trade. That Revis forum blew up with negative feedback, so lets see it.

2. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Preach! Agreed. None of this falls on Idzik and he did the best he could with the situation he was dealt.

3. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Cant blame our new GM, This was something that was created long before he got here, He gets a full pass on this one. Just hope we make the very best pick in the draft. JUST a Few more days. I cant wait. GO JETS

4. Falco21

I have a feeling he's gonna turn that #13 pick into multiple picks and we will be back on track sooner than later.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't blame Idzik, I think the blame should be more on Woody but Idzik is the one who executed the move and he should have got more in return.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He made the best out of a bad situation, it really is as simple as that.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The blame should be on Revis for being overly greedy.

8. Falco21

Don't start your whining here now ;)

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I thought he should have gotten more at first, but after thought and knowing that the Bucs weren't going any farther, I think Idzik did the best job possible with the tough situation.

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

junc, what more did you expect him to get? we really had no leverage here. it was either take it or let him walk next year and hope for a good compensatory pick.

in general i just dont get how people see this as a bad deal, when looking at the whole picture. you have a player who is upset with the team and coming off an injury that may have altered his entire future (save the AP story. hes a friggin freak of nature and we all know this. no one has ever come back as strong as him from that injury.) and has a history of being an absolute asshole to deal with on the business side of things (and that is because of his reps. but he obviously echos there sentiments)

you have a team that is in financial ruin (from a salary cap standpoint) and needs to get this money off the books so they can build going forward.

and you have no other teams looking to make a deal, bc they can smell our desperation over the jersey stench.

add that all up and you gotta admit its a damn miracle we got anything other than a cheeseburger and a kick in the dick for the guy

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had leverage, people don't understand how desperate TB was to get him. I get Idzik was under a tremendous amount of pressure to deal him and he couldn't risk having the deal blow up but it was disappointing to come away w/ a 1st and possibly 3rd for the best player in franchise history who is in his prime.

12. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Exactly.

And Woody did idzik no favors by publicly saying he would not re-sign Revis when there was no reason in the world to make that comment. He just came out of his face.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Idzik has done a wonderful job. He was stuck with bloated contracts, a clown of a HC, and the worst QB in the NFL since Jamarcus Russell. I commend him on his efforts to right this ship.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they were so desperate that they gave us their first round pick - the only other team I heard about being interested was the niners who were unwilling to go above a third round pick.

there is being desperate then there is being nuts (and unless the raiders were involved I don't think we were likely to get a nuts deal).

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It was a good deal for the Jets, a great deal for Revis. The Bucs on the other hand got fucked outright. 16 million for a CB coming off an ACL is an enormous risk and if they don't turn it into a SB this year or next it's going to destroy the salary structure of the team. Even cutting him is going to be bad news for their management and I suspect he will be cut in 2 years.

16. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Don't they have trouble filling seats in Florida? Revis Island may become the Bermuda Triangle.

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

There was no way to justify keeping a cornerback that wanted starting QB money, at least not with the state of our team as a whole. Plus he would not have taken a similar deal with the Jets because of how sour the relationship had become. He had to be dealt, we knew it and the Bucs knew it. So getting a 1st and possible 3rd for a cornerback coming off ACL surgery who had no chance of resigning here following next season is a pretty darn good haul.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I don't think we got enough, but when talking about a player like Revis we never were gonna get equal value. just gotta hope we nail the draft.