Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Be ready for the dark siders to use one of two rationales.
    A) if the Jets have a good year in defense, the comment would be " imagine what we could have been with Revis"
    B) If they suck on D, well it's because we don't have Revis to shut down half the field.

Honestly, last year the lack of Revis was the least of our problems. We need to fix the O or we could loose a lot of games where the opposition scores under 12 points

2. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Explain how being a homer would lead you to the assumption im going to cry over the trade ?... im happy with the fact we have 2 first rounders coming in.
    ,more weapons for our next QB young and wont be traded or released anytime soon they will grow will our next QB.

i repsect your opinion most of the time Cman but i just dont understand what you mean when you tell me to go cry over something im not sad about.

3. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

The joke is how he's stretching his arms like he's saying "thiiiiiiiiiiis much". I thought it was funny...

And I agree but Revis is definitely greedy compared to other players.

4. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Agreed if he TRULY wanted to be a jet he would waited for us to get our cap up to where we could do something with his contract.

5. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Well the 14 fourth becomes a third if Revis is still on the roster on a date sometime before the 14 draft. So the Jets got a 1 and a 3.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If we fire Rex we're going either hire

Jon Gruden or a Idzik finds his version of Pete Carroll

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

So Flacco, Peterson, Megatron and Brees weren't greedy

In the NFL you get as much as you can while you can

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You post Julio who, but there's a receiver called Roddy White. Revis can't cover both Julio and Roddy.

You probably aren't topping Revis for a 13 in the middle of season. You figure the only teams bidding for him are bidding for rentals, not long term, and the top teams are bidding so lower draft picks.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He comes off as greedy, rightfully or wrongfully so, because he held out twice. Flacco, Peterson, Megatron, Brees all got their money and to be honest 2 are QBs where the market is already ridiculously high and the other two almost broke single season records. None of them held out if I remember correctly.

The holdout rubs everyone the wrong way, but if you could not go to work and then after 2 weeks of doing this, get more money and still function properly at work with downsides, you would try to do it.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

None of the money is guaranteed?

Wow...

11. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I feel like after seeing this deal......Any team would do it. NO money up front and can cut him any time and only lose a 1st round pick.

Kinda pissed we only got a #1 pick out of this. I would rather #1 and #2 next year and a 4th or 3rd this year.

Wow jets can never get anything right. Let hope we dont mess up this draft

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Initial reaction- this trade sucks

next one comes during the draft

then during mini-camp

then during training camp

then during the preseason

then during the season

then during the 2014 free agency period

then during the 2014 draft

and repeat

we can either be the next Seahawks who went from contender to joke to contender or the next Cardinals who went from contender to joke and still a joke

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

The fact that Tampa Bay was willing to trade their first rounder and sign for $96M I think refutes your whole theory that he has no value.

The ACL recovery is just the deterrent it used to be. So that's no excuse. Seriously. especially when we're talking about the best defensive player in the league. Do you think if the Vikings offered AP last year in the off-season people would have said "well, we can't trade for him, because even though he is one of the best football players of the past 30 years, he is, after all, coming off an injury"??? Of course not. It's calculated risk and you take it when you are talking about a franchise player. It's all about appropriate value for a player of Revis caliber. And this trade is not appropriate value for a franchise player who is one of the top 3 defenders in the league. Even if he is in recovery (esp. when we know he is in fact healthy and is ahead of schedule, tore it in the beginning of the year and ACL injuries are nothing close to what they once were).

P.S. let's not talk about hashtags when you cannot even properly use and apostrophe. #it'sDON'TnotDONT

But seriously, it's childish to discuss how people type on a message board. I am multi-tasking as I write anyways, so let's try to keep it a little adult and civil.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

yeah the holdouts were a little much but in essence look at them

1st holdout- he wanted a 5 year deal, Jets wanted a 6 year deal- not a big deal

2nd holdout- he wanted an extension after coming off of an All-Time great year, if we would have given him 6yrs/96M in 2009 imagine where we'd be now, we'd be able to move that money around and Revis would be happy

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

He'll play this season without injury & holdout. Then convert a nice chunk of that contrat to guaranteed.

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Right. They have Godlson and Barron along with Eric Wright and Ronde Barber at nickel to give them one of the best secondaries in the NFL now. So I think it will be okay if Revis just sticks to Julio.

Why would the bidding teams only be looking for a rental? He's only 28! The notion that he has less value in season just doesn't make sense. We're talking about one of the best players in the league.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ then they cut him with no monetary attachments and another Revis holdout fucks the Jets.

Above is if they miss playoffs and Revis plays well.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

he cant hold out, he has no leverage

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay will need to add a big physical corner opposite Revis, Eric Wright sucks ass

20. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Well Mark Dominik still has 14M in FA cap space and his 2nd and 3rd rounders to make that happen.