Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Caption "how much do you love money?"

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Stop with the negative stuff already....why can't the 2013 draft help us out?

We get you hate the Revis trade and all but it just seems like silly bickering picking out these quotes and already dismissing them from drafting quality guys.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

if we're rebuilding why not get as much compensation as possible

4. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

The Jets have the ability now to leverage both the #9 and #13 picks this year into multiple picks in the 2013 draft. As I posted in another thread, my prediction is that the Jets will trade out of both the #9 and #13 slots.

Trade 1 will be with the Minnesota Vikings:

Jets will trade the #9 overall to the Vikings for the #23 and #25 picks.

Trade 2 will be with the San Francisco 49ers:

Jets will trade the #13 overall to the 49ers for the #31 and #34 picks.

------------

The big value in the 2013 Draft is the bottom half of the 1st round through the 3rd round. The above trades make sense for all teams considered. The Vikings will be looking to replace Percy Harvin with either Austin or Patterson. The 49ers have way too many picks that won't make their roster so they will look to move up and maximize value for their picks.

The Jets can walk away ending up with #23, #25, #31, #34 and #39 picks in the draft. Taking the cap hit with the Revis trade, the Jets will have limited ability to sign anyone else the remainder the year. Bringing in a draft class of 10 picks this year will be huge. Couple that with a draft class next year of a maximum of 12 picks (1-7 2013 + TB's 3/4 2013 and upto 4 comp picks).

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

dont tell me to stop anything, we got fleeced plain and simple, joke of an owner, joke of a front office

we literally traded him for whoever we pick at 13 unless we can trade down

6. BakerMaker

How do you know that we'd get more picks by waiting out? Why take that chance?

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Have fun staying bitter. But then again you seem to change your mind like a girl so that should only last about a week.

8. BakerMaker

Its just silly hearing you(And others) complain about the deal when we won't be able to judge it for years down the line. Saying the 2013 draft won't bolster our pretty meh roster is kind of silly.

Give the man some time to see if he trades down honestly.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

everyone is saying his health is the reason we only got a 1st and a conditional, if we let him get healthy and maybe shut down so wideouts during the 1st couple of weeks we could have dealt him at the deadline and got at least a 1 and a 2

I'm just assuming

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When are Jet fans gonna stop with the eternal whining and bitching. I'm a card carrying darksider and the reactions I'm seeing are pretty disturbing to this trade. Football is a business first, entertainment second. I expected the emotional reaction to the trade but the idea that Idzik had more leverage is ludicous.

The man made what his judgement was the best he could get. If he makes this trade earlier in the process, perhaps he gets a bit more but that's something we'll never know.

Let Idzik do the job he was hired to do. You don't have to like it, but hold your fire until you have concrete evidence that the trade was a buttfcking for the Jets.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

who would we trade him to at that point? there was only 1 team interested and if they picked a CB (which they almost certainly would) then our market for Revis would be teams offering a third round pick (if anything).

I get that you are disappointed so am I but I would be more disappointed to watch him walk for nothing at the end of the season.

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

They won't because they have Freeman under center :eek:hmy:

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

this is my initial reaction, you gotta understand this dudes been with us since 2007, my emotions are high and I'm upset, he's my favorite player and it sucks to see him go

hopefully we have a strong draft but it sucks seeing him go

14. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Exactly,wtf is wrong with people around here.. more then 88% of you beg revis to get traded for that 13th pick and now all of a sudden it happens and you all want to take pitch forks to Idzik's throat ? tha fuck ? it happened,what can we do besides make the best out of 2 really good draft picks.

ok so their arent any really good QB's in this draft so..? we have one coming up in the 2014 draft we draft his weapons get them a year of experience and then we are looking pretty decent with our Offense.

i think we could use another decent CB though idk if Kyle wilson is ready for that #2 job. maybe a CB in this drafft or next would serve us good.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Look away now - [​IMG]

16. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I agree. I don't see how we could really sell him on remaining a Jet, unless we pulled a Dan Snyder and made an offer he couldn't refuse. We have no franchise QB, we have no cap space to make moves and our HC is on the hot seat, were not exactly a franchise with a bright future right now.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Also keep in mind that the GM candidates were being asked what the would do if they had to trade Revis... Idzik was chosen for the job, so its clearly easy to infer that he had one of if not the best plan... The Jets sadly got the max out of the deal. No one else was in the running for him so they had almost no leverage.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Nobody got played. The one thing that was a givenwas that the jets were not paying Revis. Not what he wanted to play CB. So they traded a guy that was going to walk away no matter what and got a few picks for him

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Watching Jets Nation now. Actually agreeing with Schein. I thought he'd be talking shit. He's right though, this had to happen. We got as much compensation from this as we could. You guys hating on this trade need to stop being babies about it.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no shit we literally traded him for the player we draft at 13...that is what happens when you draft a player for a draft pick.

anyone who thinks that needs to be explained, nevertheless qualified as "literally" doesn't have the intellectual or emotionally capacity to judge this trade.

what is the next lesson of your wisdom, that when I eat pizza I am literally eating cheese, dough and tomato sauce?