Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The fact that none of his contract is guaranteed, goes to show how badly he wanted out of NY. Good riddance. Dude was all abt money.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is not 1970, guys come back from those injuries all the time. TB just got the best defensive player in the game who is still in his prime. Idzik failed here, percy Harvin is ALWAYS hurt and nowhere near a top WR in this game and Minny got more for him.

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Ding Ding Ding!!!

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I hate hearing we played well without him, our defense was ok it was great with Revis, watching shut down Wide Receivers every week was a joy

I hope we draft DJ Hayden he's so similar to Revis in technique and I think Rex can coach this kid up

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Regardless of what pick he trades down for it has to be evaluated with the Revis deal since we'd probably get our guy at 13 as opposed to us not having that luxury without the deal.

I am really thinking Idzik has been working the phones with other teams and that talk will get solidified once the draft begins and players are taken.

If Idzik doesn't trade down with the 13th pick, then i'll join you guys on the rioting side but I think he has something up his sleeve to jump at this deal.

6. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If he is on the roster 3rd day, is a given, unless he is too hurt to play, in which case he wouldn't be doing the Jets any good at all if he was still "on the team".

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

thats what I'm thinking, no way we don't trade down, and Idzik accepts something so low without a plan.

Full judgment needs to be withheld till next weekend.

I'm disappointed for now, but if we double our picks in the first two, I'd say its worth it.

Who's looking to trade up?

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

What happens if we get someone's 1st, 2nd and 5th in a trade down from our 13th pick?

Only a swing and a bunt single?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Percy Harvin brought the 25 pick, the 214 pick and a 3rd in 2014? Revis brings the 13 and a 4th that might become a 3rd in 2014?

What?

Damn the Vikings for getting less than the Jets but doing it in a way that Junc can get the math wrong as usual and blast the Jets anyway.

For those that can count the value of Harvin is 925.8 and the value of Revis is 1280.

#2789 Br4d, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He's gonna trade the 13 to Atlanta for the 30th pick and their 7th

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Thats it? A 1st and a 4th? And Revis got no guaranteed money.

Fuck Woody and fuck Idzik.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How we played D last year was completely overrated. Our O was so bad other teams played conservative knowing the only way they could lose was turning it over a million times.

We aren't getting another Revis, Cro is a top 10 corner so we are lucky to have him and we could use another solid starter. we are rebuilding the D from the inside out, we have a few beasts up front to rebuild the D around.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

$16 million a year with no guaranteed money. I hope he breaks his leg tomorrow and it literally falls off his body.

14. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Seeing these buc fans rejoice over this deal is really making me feel like the Jets got shafted.

"Almost too good to be true"
    "The 4th is next year...could not have been better!!!"
    "Can we all give it up for the Dom please? A 2013 1st and 2014 4th with no guaranteed cash. The Rockstar put on a show today."

http://www.bucschat.com/showthread.php?35321-Revis-a-Buc&

15. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Carson Palmer netted a first and a 2nd but still the point is valid, guy's a bum, I don't care about the relative value of QB.

Also the post about Seymour Allen and Abe is different because D-Line playmakers are much more valuable too.

A good comparison is Percy Harvin. The Vikings got 3 picks for him and they don't have a joke of a roster like we do. Idzik should have pushed REALLY hard for a third pick, even if next year. 2013 5th conditional to 4th and 3rd to 2nd would have been appropriate. Revis is a potential GOAT.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not one dime guranteed.

Hes a one year rental, based on the teams position going into 2014. No shot...(josh Freeman) no Revis.

A desperate team just made an al davis deal, wait till next year.

Revis hires new agents.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I still want to see the wording on the contract. But Idzik clearly believes he is here for the long term. This is a long term move, good for him. Rebuilding isn't going to be pretty. We don't have the money to give Revis 6 years 96.

18. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Their 7th?

19. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

they say everyone is looking to trade down this year : /

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Anyone who says we can get more picks by trading down is missing the point. Idzik should have gotten at least another pick this year, and then traded down from 13 to get more picks.

The 2 have nothing to do with each other.