Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Been reading Bucs forums also. My impression is that general attitude is "let's see what we giving up for him".

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....
    Toronto fan doesn't like it. Must be a good move.

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Vlad Duccasse says hi.

Normally I would agree but Warmack and Cooper are special at that position and we have squat at that position if we whiff again on a guard this draft. With two 1st rounders it's worth a reach for an absolute safe bet.

4. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Even the Canadian Bills aren't that stupid....they will select Mingo to give Pettine the chance to prove to us all that he was just Rex's clipboard holder

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Vlad would be more use helping me write this business plan that I am supposed to be doing....he was a typical Tanny pick...reach, project and trying to be cute

They are good players...like Cooper more but there are good immediate fits avalable for our 2nd rd pick

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Just read that the trade is a go pending the physical. Jets getting three picks including Tampa's first rounder. Revis expected to get around 15mil a year.

I love Revis. Best corner ever. But Cro is playing true to his form now, we really don't need Revis any longer. That's a lot of freed up cap space. And having an early draft pick is huge. God I hope we can get an elite pass rusher with our first pick and Warmack with Tampa's pick.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I wonder if I am the only person who would be extremely happy if we got both? Perfect foundation for the future, but I think there would be a lot of verbal suicide in the forum if that did ever happen. But I would be a very happy fan.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Cooper projects better as a WCO guard because of his superior agility. How long Marty will be here and we'll be using the WCO is a different story.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The big reason why taking a guard early this year makes sense, besides the talent of Warmack and Cooper, is that the 1st round of the draft is amazingly weak. The 9th pick this year is equivalent to a normal years number 25 talent wise. In a normal year Cooper and Warmack would be end of the 1st round talents this year they are top 10 talents because there are only a couple of blue chip prospects. Once one gets past the three OTs, Floyd, Jordan, Milner and Star there is nothing left without serious question marks except for the 2 guards.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

well we all saw this coming didn't we?

Shame the circumstances that be (unknown ability to retain him past 2013, a dire cap situation leading to more needs from the draft, etc) forced the Jets to have better options from trading such great player than keeping him, but we can't change the past and these are the cards we're dealt.

What i want to see more than anything is the jets trading down for two picks in the second or late first.

I'm not sure how willing and able the likes of San Fran are to doing something like this, but I feel its the best course of action to use one in the first and the other to get 4 picks out of the first two rounds, a scenario that started with only having 2.

This gives us a chance to address many pressing needs in one fowl swoop, potentially including QB.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, even though I just got flammed for a similar comment (" because people that select an OG with the first 10 picks ought to have their heads examined") I feel strongly both are very special guards, better than DiCarlo IMHO and need to be considered as BPA if available. God knows we could use one. I much rather take a pro bowler in the making albeit an OG than a project OLB.

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I am not getting into a debate over who would start for whom, because quite frankly, it makes no difference. Suffice it to say, most of those guys are not as good as you think they are (e.g., Scott Chandler). The Jets have no TE's right now, but if they get Ertz, he is automatically better than Chander.

The Jets will finish with 4-6 wins because Mark Sanchez is the worst in the NFL. The Bills will finish with even less wins because they have very little talent.

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

15. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

That's the type of move that got the jets in this fiasco in the first place. No QB in this draft is worth moving up from 9 for. The jets shouldn't take a QB before the 4th. The bills on the other hand...

16. ArmandJ

Schwartz & Feinsod ‏@schwartzfeinsod 3m
    Darrelle Revis has agreed to terms with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 38s
    Official RT @schwartzfeinsod Darrelle Revis has agreed to terms with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers #nyj

That's his agents, isn't it?

18. ArmandJ

Yes.

Patssuckfiller

19. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yes.

It's official.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Ok what's the deal?