Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Post stalking troll.

However, that post was predicated on his 15 million dollar demands as reported....

That, is still in question

It was also predicated on the fact, that at the time there were five other quality corners on the market.

They no longer are.

Further..we dont yet know what the. Compensation to the Jets is.

But, as Revis taking price goes down, our compensation should go up.

And i see you failed to include the post where I made the case that Mevi$ was picked at 15, and so beong a proven commodity was worth more than the 13 overall.

You also skipped. Er where I said we should ship him to SF for their one and two...when they were flirting...

But hey, trolls gotta troll.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I think this season we might shock a lot of people. If we draft a guy like Zac Dysert in this draft, or even a higher pick, we might just find a diamond in the rough. It almost makes me feel anxious to see the talent at QB. With all the talk about how this is such a "terrible" QB draft, I have the biggest feeling we could get a bad ass. All odds are against us for that, which makes me excited to see what happens.

We could get a dynamic pass rusher, a bad ass lineman, a playmaker, a late round possible franchise QB all in one draft. This team is a lot closer to our goal than many on here think

3. Windeos

Windeos Member

Anyone else getting pissed and tired of Cromartie going off about the Jets to Manish Mehta on twitter??

Shut your pie hole and quit crying man. I'd even make Cromartie available to see what sort of pick/picks he could bring back as well because we're not winning this season so why not move him on embrace the Tank for Teddy.

It's not like Cromartie will be around once we come out the other side of this rebuild so do you move him and draft a CB with a pick in this draft?

Just a thought, I know fans want to win but it's not happening this season so why not make sure we get a top pick for next season to hopefully bring in a top 3 pick to add to the talent we draft in 2013 and hopefully a franchise QB along with our new coaching set up next season?

4. Falco21

Not at all. You can't blame the guy. Revis was a great leader and one hell of a corner. Playing on the other side of the field with him is an honor that many people dream of having.

He's upset he's gone, but he knows he now has big shoes to fill. He understands the logic in it. It just hurts to see a guy like that go, and justifiably so. Cromartie will fill his shoes just fine. This is his moment to shine and become something great.

5. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Manish on the radio now:

http://www.nbcsportsradio.com/

And yeah Cro needs to shut up, as usual.

Revis on the plane now to Tampa, deal basically worked out, $50 million guaranteed is the ballpark.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I was just giving you the opportunity for growth in the self-awareness department. Just trying to save you future embarrassment. Don't shoot the messenger. :beer:

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Looks like this is going down... I really don't know how I feel. Depending on what we get the full scope of this trade really won't be known for 2-3 years.

In all honestly the best case scenario is Revis can't play as well after the surgery and we draft two Pro Bowlers.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Wow Manish just said the Jets were asking all the GM candidates how they would execute a Revis trade.

Not IF...just HOW. So this was pretty much always the plan.

9. Falco21

You have to look at it this way. Say the compensation is as follows:

1st Round - #13 Pick
    3rd Round
    5th Round

Now, we have a #9 and #13 pick. We can either trade down and grab more 2nd round picks, or take the two firsts high. By going high, we take an OL and a pass rusher. By doing so, we just filled two HUGE holes of need.

We then take the 5th rounder and trade it to New Orleans for Chris Ivory. Backfield is solved. Again, huge hole filled.

Take the 3rd and grab a QB or playmaker and again, hole filled.

This trade may hurt right now, but I think this is going to be a great move.

10. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Pretty much what I was thinking, I just hope they don't turn one of these picks into Geno Smith. I just don't see him turning into a great QB. This is a draft in which the Jets need to hit a homerun and maybe Smith will turn out to be a decent QB I think there is just way too much risk in taking him. There are never any sure things but I like the idea of going OL and pass rusher.... Jarvis and Warmack would be un real.

12. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

If we're getting an extra 3rd, I want to draft Manuel (2nd), Nassib (2nd), or Dysert (3rd)

13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Just remember we will most likely address the lack of a pass rush that we had last year. I can see where you are coming from but the Jets defense has the chance to be very disruptive up front, and the backend should be competint.

This is the very reason Revis is most likely gone, as a teams backend is nothing against the elite if there is no pressure on the QB.

14. Windeos

Windeos Member

I don't want to draft a QB with any pick in this draft. We've got far to many holes to fill right now. I'd worry about getting our QB in 2014 personally.

15. Bittersweet to see Revis go.

One good aspect for us fans is at least this will remove some of the annual training camp drama that we've all become accustomed to. There is something to said for the team having to constantly battle Darrelle & his agents seemingly every step along the way.Coming off ACL surgery & expecting 16 mil a year is the topper..The Jets will certainly miss him but It's time for a change in direction. It's time to draft some playmakers

#2435 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  16. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

No, no, and NO. This draft is too deep in other areas of need. Mark and David will get us through this year, who knows Mark may even excell with a hopefully improved line (want cooper with the 13) and some weapons in the backfield and out wide.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And how would Mehta know this? His source is in Buffalo. Is he telling he spoke to all GM candidates? And kept quite about it for 2 months?

Yeah, right... More bullshit for Mehta

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

terrible news for Jets fans.

19. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

This might be how Revis is dressed for his next hold out.

No one but Revis created this situation.
    The best player tag on Revis has always been conditional. If he is healthy, if he isn't holding out, if he is a team player, if he is playing to his potential rather than his reputation.

20. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

please give me EJ manuel

this will justify this trade for me. if we could draft an extremely athletic guard in cooper and then ej manuel i think this would be a playoff caliber team. seriously