Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have lots of trade down possibilities if they start with the 9 and 13. Taking the QB they really like on the 23 or 25 is lot less risky and in this draft the guy could be there.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

mods this is a serious question

are we allowed to change our names because i never want to see the name revis again? hes crushed me too much

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Amen to that:beer:

4. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Can you add in the fact that pass defense went up against Tannenhill x2, Luck, Wilson, Ryan Lindley(lol), Fitzpatrick x2, Bradford, Henne and Locker? That's 4 rookies, 2 second year players, 1 inconsistent 3rd year player and 2 journeyman. I think this is more telling of the inflated #2 pass defense........that secondary got fat off bad QB play from young guys and journeyman outside of Wilson of course. This year both our secondaries will be tested going up against the NFC South and AFC North.......and that guy up
    in New England.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh I see, now that I called your bullshit on the first one you're changing the argument. Can you do the same breakdown for every other team or are you just going to do it for the Jets? Because without context your comment is worthless.

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson better prove he was worth it, shit we might only win a handful of games this year between Mark and this schedule....Clowney or Teddy here we come

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Those are all great points...thank you so much for posting. BUt we're not tradingRevis so we can beat the fuckin Bills twice this year. Do you think maybe we're thinking long term here dude? I mean, can you just think for a second? Who gives a flying fuck if we beat the Bills next year or not......

8. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Yes I do.

And it goes hand and hand.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Like I said, this is the start to a new Jets organization.

Idzik is transforming this team into a young hungry winning organization. Reminds me so much of Seattle. Get rid of the HUGE contracts that are not necessary, shed the old weight, and lose the circus. Create a team that is built through the draft and is feared by others. Give this a year or two and we will be something special

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This may not mean much, but I had a dream that we were playing the Pats this season and were beating them like 16-0 going into third quarter. FWIW, we had some bruising white quarterback that was built pretty hardy.

I think we're going to have a great season.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm sick to my stomach

[​IMG]

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

^ is absolutely right. In the old NFL you did whatever you could to stockpile talent. Free agency and the franchise tag means you now have to bid against others for your talent. The salary cap means you pay the price for overspending on slots as well as overvaluing the impact that a player has.

Revis is a great player but the salary cap is a zero sum exercise and come next spring other people were going to be setting the ceiling on his services.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Post stalking troll.

However, that post was predicated on his 15 million dollar demands as reported....

That, is still in question

It was also predicated on the fact, that at the time there were five other quality corners on the market.

They no longer are.

Further..we dont yet know what the. Compensation to the Jets is.

But, as Revis taking price goes down, our compensation should go up.

And i see you failed to include the post where I made the case that Mevi$ was picked at 15, and so beong a proven commodity was worth more than the 13 overall.

But hey, trolls gotta troll.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Amen! I might add an additional year or two on your timeframe but essentially, we agree.

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I'm happy with the move to be honest, Revis was not going to take a hometown discount to stay here and we will get something for him.

This team will take a few years but we will be okay

16. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Big Ben 24/31 275yds 2TD
    Brady 26/42 259yds 2TD
    Brady 18/28 323yds 3TD
    Wilson 12/19 188 yds 2TD

Outside of Rivers every above average QB your pass defense faced had no problem against that secondary. It was the rookies and journeyman that struggled. This year we all face Brees, Ryan, Newton, Big Ben, Flacco, Dalton and Brady.........do you think that pass defense will be top 5 in 2013? Trading Revis is a move that had to be made but don't think your pass defense won't suffer tremendously due to inflated 2012 rankings.

17. Hobbes3259

Idzik has played rhis masterfully. He could uave given Revis permisssion to do this at any time.

But, by waiting until now, hes done two things...given a bargaing hand to Tampa bay, and driven up his compensation from Tampa bay.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yahoo Sports reports that the Jets and Bucs have agreed on a trade, and Revis and Tampa Bay have agreed to a basic contract. A deal could be finalized by tonight or Monday morning, the report said.

19. Hobbes3259

However, by delaying, idzik has screwed Revis, in terms of being able to bargain.

The Bucs can lowball him, and if he refuses, hes fucked 3 contract negotiations, and can play this year for hos 6 mil and take his chances.

As great a player as he is...the NFL is rapidly tirong of headacjes especially in a declining salary market.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Again - no context. I'm not saying you're wrong here, just that your argument is worthless without doing the same analysis for every team.

Every team plays some good QB's some great QB's and some terrible QB's.

btw, this is what Brady did to the Jets in the regular season in 2011 with Revis:
    50/69 650yds 4TD 1INT

Admittedly, we had much better safety play in 2012 than 2011.