NBC Sports: Chris Ivory Visits Jets (Update: Traded to Jets for 4th round pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Apr 13, 2013.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about whether to give up a 4th or a 5th.

I've liked Ivory for a long time and if we could get
    him for a 5th would be a great deal.

When you start talking about any higher picks I get
    skeptical. For a 4th I get a bit squeamish, there's a lot
    of talent out there in the 4th.

Personally if I had to choose just one and my choices
    were using a 3rd for Lattimore or a 4th Ivory, I've got
    to go with Latt.

I just hope a 5th will take Ivory and we get Latt as well.
    You want to talk about a dynamic backfield...

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It sucks that we'd have to give up a pick but I think he would be worth it. His addition would have us set at RB.

3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Heard the Saints won't get rid of him for anything less than a 4th

4. Then we pass.Hes their 4th stringer & they say they need draft picks.give me a break

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The kid is a quality back and fills an area of need for us.
    I have a feeling we are going to do some pretty shrewd draft day dealing and stock pile some picks.
    I'm hoping this comes to fruition.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Saints dont need him, They have Ingram,sproles,thomas. He has been very productiv when he has touched the ball i hear a 5th round pick will get the deal done during draft week or during the draft

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He isnt really a 4th stringer the Saints just have a heavy rotation at that posistion. He is a quality num 2 with num 1 potental

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I love how Idzik is playing "stare" game with teams. First with Tampa and now Saints. I am sure he will get Ivory for a 5th rounder if this is what he thinks Ivory is worth.

9. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Would be more sensible to give up a 4th if the Revis trade happens. If not, hopefully we can get away with giving up only a 5th.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has limited touches, for this reason he is not a number 2 with number 1 potential. He is an unknown that has done well with the opportunity he has gotten but not worth anything above a 5.

There are enough kids coming out this year that the Jets can get with a 4 that will be way less expensive and they get a few years to see if they are going to work out. If they give up a 4 for Ivory they are going to want to lock him in for at least a couple of years and he will be looking for $2 mil a year.

11. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I was curious to read this from the www.canalstreetchronicles.com article on Ivory:

Later on Friday, [paid speculator] Jets beat writer Rich Cimini "reported" on ESPNNewYork.com of "strong indications" of a brewing trade, (and like a sucker, I believed he'd have sources from the league, or sources close to the team, but here's what he had for us):

"Ivory took a recent free-agent visit to the Jets, who are looking for another back. They never entertained the idea of signing him to an offer sheet (they would've had to compensate the Saints with a second-round pick), but they remain interesed (sic) in trading for him at lower compensation. The Jets might be willing to part with a fifth-round pick; whether that's enough remains to be seen.

Now that he's officially under contract, Ivory can be dealt. The Jets could try to sign him to a long-term deal, which would make sense. Why give up a draft pick for a one-and-done player when you could have a draft pick for at least four years?"

Strong indications? Really? I call that speculative circumstantial evidence that any yahoo could piece together. Thanks a lot, Rich. As an outsider looking in, trying to gain any insight I can from the experts who follow the team on a daily basis, @I appreciate your depth of insider perspective.@ @SERIOUSLY@

Apparently the entire world knows that Cimini is a douchebag.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And apparently nobody wants to give them a 4th or he would be traded by now.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Apparently so are the others because they have written that the Jets have made an offer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-offer-rb-ivory-article-1.1322583

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...ts-make-trade-offer-for-saints-rb-chris-ivory

http://www.wptz.com/news/sports/NY-...vory/-/8870002/19834586/-/ojrqvq/-/index.html

And a million more..now what?

14. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

If the Jets' haul for Revis is a 1, a 3 and a 5, buzz is that New York could then flip the 5 to the Saints for RB Chris Ivory.

Via Albert Breer of NFL network.

He also said jets offered a 6 and saints want a 4. Says the 5 is middle ground and will more than likely get deal done.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

There is no 4th round player that has NFL experience, and remained on a roster 4 deep, and produced.

A known, against a gamble.

But 4 is as far as it should go.

#235 Hobbes3259, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That'd be fuckin awesome if they flip a pick from the Revis trade for Ivory, then go into draft fully loaded.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would trade them a 5th no problem,,,,,I like ivory a lot and the Saint backfield is over crowded . I thought if he was going to traded to us that it would happen soon after signing his tender,,,,,maybe we are not interested after all? Time will tell

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'd make the trade. Ivory would immediately be the best back on our team.

19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

20. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I was about to post I think 6th is fair value a couple of hours ago. If Idzik wins this showdown, I'll be happy despite being dubious about his ability to stay out of the infirmary. 6th is fair for rounding out the backfield.