Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The lockdown in Boston does not make sense in the context of a manhunt for a lone individual no matter how dangerous he is. More people out and about would increase the chances that somebody would see the guy.

Something else has to be going on here. A neighborhood lockdown makes some sense but a city-wide does not if the authorities are looking for one man.

2. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

this thread was better when the idiots were asleep. keep your politics out.

3. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

there are reports of more people. there is a mad man who could be running around with a bomb on his chest. boston and the surrounding towns are all close together. it's not a large area.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't think they know where he is and they're afraid he has a suicide vest or more bombs.

Rumors are still flying and while I've been watching the new since 7 this morning, I still don't understand what happened in the middle of the night. It's really strange situation

5. JetNotts

JetNotts Member

to get to his heart i'm guessing? I'm not sure
    I can see 2 bullet wounds at least the haemorrhage was from the brother running over probably

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yep. In fact, lockdown would help the guy to hide. Everyone is supposed to stay in, so there is noone to notice anything weird.

Without lockdown, someone would notice that, for example, next door neighbourg who usually smokes a cigg at 4 pm, is sitting inside. SOmeone would raise the red flag.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

there are several shrapnel wounds

8. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

i was listening to the police scanner from 1-5 am. there was a police chace from camebridge to watertown the suspects were throwing bombs out of the car at police and shooting. it was a wild.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If you're implying the autopsy itself -- then no. Forensic pathologist makes long incision through sternum. The gap in the stomach/spleen area is not made by scalpel.

10. JetNotts

JetNotts Member

attempt to revive him?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoracotomy

"A thoracotomy or thoracostomy is an incision into the pleural space of the chest.[1] It is performed by surgeons (or emergency physicians under certain circumstances) to gain access to the thoracic organs, most commonly the heart, the lungs, or the esophagus, or for access to the thoracic aorta or the anterior spine (the latter may be necessary to access tumors in the spine)."

#750 JetNotts, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

also guys, there have been bombs found all around the area, there was a control detonation of a pipe bomb on commonwealth ave in boston

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Spot on

filler

13. Br4d

And they're going to keep a city of 625,000 people locked down indefinitely because they don't know where this guy is?

It's a bad strategy unless the authorities are 95% sure they're wrapping this up this afternoon/evening. If they don't know where he is they can't know that either.

The rumors last night were out of control. The only thing worth watching was the WCVB live feed and they kept replaying the few bits of solid information and tape.

The people dispensing info there were topnotch, BTW. They were very careful to just deal in facts and at no point did they raise issues that were speculative or that might have caused a panic.

14. displacedfan

Do you know if it's true that the suspects robbed the 7/11 and hit the MIT cop to take his car OR if they were trying to plant bombs and ran into the MIT cop? I heard both stories.

Yeah, I agree it's a bad strategy. I thought they had the guy cornered in Watertown this morning, but then nothing since then. Then just a whole bunch of rumors, stopping Amtrak trains and boarding them, chasing cars, items dropped off a bridge, old man with a dead man trigger, etc etc.

I have a news channel muted and just waiting for them to report anything. Also have twitter running just waiting to see if they find him. I think he might be waiting for nighttime to move? Or he might have offed himself already

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

not gruesome enough.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. On the flip side they can't have everyone outside their homes or there are more targets if he wants to take more people out not to mention he could get lost in the crowd.

From what I read they are doing house by house sweeps. So I guess the idea is everyone stays in their home, they sweep each home to see if he's in there, clear the people who are in their house and then tell them to get back into their house until they are done.

It's not ideal but logistically it's the only thing they can do at this point. Should it have come to this? Probably not, but it has and that's the reality of the situation. Personally I think they've done a decent job so far assuming this other guy doesn't completely escape.

Honest I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself already. If so hopefully it doesn't take them a few days to find him or that's a few more days of the citizens putting up with this crap.

17. displacedfan

Also I guess these guys hijacked a car and told the guy they took it from that they were the bombers?

18. Br4d

This would better explain a city-wide lock-down. If the authorities believe there are unexploded devices scattered around the city then it's prudent to tell people to remain inside while those devices are found and detonated.

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

So...for example... "GIVE US YOUR VEHICLE, WE ARE THE BOMBERS!!"

Seems a bit strange to just give yourself up like that.

20. displacedfan

From what I'm reading, they took the car and the guy was in the car with them before 30 minutes before they kicked him out. The guy they kicked out then said they said they were the bombers, so I have no idea.

It's just a strange strange scenario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.