Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You tell me. You are the one who knows exactly when he tore it. From Favre's comments, it sounds like it was during the season.

The Jets never put Favre on the injury report which is a violation, so you will never hear anything about the MRI during the season from anyone within the organization.

You chose to remove a 3 game stretch where Sanchez threw 7 picks. I can remove 2 games and take away 7 of his TDs. What is the point?

Sanchez didn't play with a torn biceps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ez-checks-out-after-taking-pounding-vs-eagles

#6781 Testaverde, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

There are none to repost. They magically disappeared. :eek:hmy:

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Slauson signed with the Bears ages ago.

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_qb_was_injured_won_need_surgery_NTfNqsfT8mxCcC77GyWc7N
    Jets QB was injured, won't need surgery
    By BRIAN COSTELLO
    Posted: 3:06 PM, January 6, 2012
    Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez played hurt for the final month-and-a-half of the season, but he will not require offseason surgery, a source said.
    Sanchez was dealing with a soreness in his neck/right shoulder area after suffering a stinger against the Broncos on Nov. 17. Doctors believe rest and rehabilitation is all Sanchez needs to recover.
    The injury showed up several times during the end of the season. Sanchez struggled with deep passes. He looked seriously hurt against the Eagles on Dec. 18 when Jason Babin hit his facemask. Sanchez dropped to the ground then walked to the sideline with his arm hanging limply. Trainers worked on Sanchez’s right arm then his neck. He did not miss a snap.
    Sanchez also looked shaken against the Giants on Dec. 24 after Dave Tollefson hit him. He did neck stretches on the sideline.

Read more: Mark Sanchez, Jets quarterback had neck injury, will not need surgery http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb..._surgery_NTfNqsfT8mxCcC77GyWc7N#ixzz2Qr1ekgum

5. azhar80

6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

What is the point? Are you trying to compare a sore shoulder to a torn biceps and a tear in the rotator cuff like Favre had?

Favre made the statement that he felt like he couldn't play well. In the link above, Sanchez says he felt great before those bad games he had:

Sanchez also had a sore shoulder at the end of the 2010 season, and that didn't stop him from playing well then, so we can't use that as an excuse for his poor play at the end of the 2011 season when he said he felt better in 2011 then he did in 2010.

That is a lot different than Favre having a torn biceps and rotator cuff, and telling the team that he felt like he shouldn't play.

You must be referring to Hobbes prediction in my sig. I know. At the time Hobbes made that ridiculous prediction those were the players that had left the team and the players that were still free agents. I just changed it to the date of the prediction to avoid confusion.

#6786 Testaverde, Apr 18, 2013
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That abberation as you like to call it was against a team that not only WON their conference championship game but who also came within a whisker of winning the Super Bowl. And that was no abberation.

junc, I've noticed lately that everytime I log onto TGG I see a story that refers to the prospect of Mark Sanchez being traded as "Christmas possibly coming early." Whadda make of that amigo?

8. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Get ready to hear about how bad the Cardinals lost in all of their trips to the East Coast. :rolleyes: He will tell you the combined scores of those games, but he won't tell you that those teams they played on the EC were ranked 6th, 8th and 9th in scoring. The Cardinals only faced 2 other teams in the entire regular season that were ranked higher. The EC didn't seem to bother the Cardinals when they beat the Panthers 33-13.

He will do whatever he can to crap on Favre and uplift Sanchez. It is really sad.

#6788 Testaverde, Apr 18, 2013
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nothing would give me more satisfaction in 2013 than to see Sanchez grow into the QB we all thought we were getting, have a great season, surprise the shit out of most of us, and leave the Sanchez haters speachless. Hopefully this thread will forever go away or Sanchez will.
    Second, to see the new rookie OLB ( fill the blank) sack Brady 5 times in two games and force the NFL to create a new Brady rule.

10. DarthHoodie

DarthHoodie New Member

Butt fumble, worst play in history?

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Poisoned by BSPN. Now purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka. Buttfumble sucked but there is worse.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You believe the guy who constantly makes excuses when he fails?

I find it interesting that you post Favre quotes from AFTER the season and a Sanchez quote from during the season. You do know Favre was saying he was fine late in the year, right? only after the season on his excuse tour did he start discussing the injury.

Sanchez doesn't make excuses, Brett's injury whining was an EXCUSE just like sending out the pictures after the NO game a year later. Brett wants all the tough guy accolades for his streak but doesn't want the accountability for his play.

A team that played 3 games in the NE that reg season and allowed an AVERAGE of 50 pts a game. It was an abberation.

That's the average fan that doesn't truly understand this game, I try to help those people but people can only be helped if they want to be helped.

Ohhh so b/c the teams were ranked 6th, 8th and 9th in scoring that means Ari should allow 50 PPG? Interesting.

The Panther game was in postseason, right? did we play the postseason Cards that played great to get to the SB or did we play the 9-7 reg season team that was thrashed repeatedly coming east?

I will do whatever I can to spread the TRUTH. The average fan sees black and white, you need to dig deeper.

13. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I believe Favre over a guy on a message board that has no clue.

If Sanchez said his shoulder caused him to play poorly after the season, and I had proof of a significant injury, I would believe him as well. Sanchez said he was fine and never said otherwise. He had no off-season surgery and we have no evidence that he had anything other than a sore shoulder. That is hardly comparable to a torn biceps and rotator cuff.

Favre may have said he was fine during the season, but he was obviously not and we have proof of that. The Jets chose to not put him on the injury report for whatever reason, so he can't exactly come out and say, I have a torn biceps when he isn't even on the injury report. He had several concussions while with the Packers that were not reported and didn't talk about them until he wasn't on the team.

Sanchez has never played with the kind of injuries Favre has. There are no injury excuses for Sanchez to talk about. Favre tore his biceps and rotator cuff. That is not an excuse, that is a fact. Favre fractured his ankle with the Vikings. That is a fact.

It is unbelievable that we have proof of those things and you call him a whiny excuse maker. I hold Favre accountable for his play those last 5 games of the season, but since I have proof that he had a torn biceps and rotator cuff, I believe him when he says it affected his play. I believe him when he says he was willing to sit, but the coaches said it would be best to finish the season out. We had Kellen Clemens as our other option for crying out loud. He wouldn't have done any better.

The reason we didn't make the playoffs that year was because Favre was not healthy. Just look at what a healthy Favre did the next year.

You can try to give Sanchez all the credit you want and say that he led us to the playoffs in 2009 with his 12 TDs and 20 Ints. You can say Favre had the same help and injuries didn't affect his play and he couldn't lead us to the playoffs. It all means nothing. Most people have the ability to actually look into things and know better. That doesn't make them average fans. Making assertions with nothing to back them up is what I consider an average fan. Please tell us average fans where we can dig to come up with these links that don't exist? Most people can't pretend to know exactly when Favre tore his biceps and claim to know that it didn't affect him at all. We are not Super Fans like you. Lol!!

Playing the 6th, 8th and 9th scoring teams on the EC means that we should give a little credit to those teams instead of making excuses to try and take away a great game from Favre.

#6793 Testaverde, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  14. nyjunc

That is your problem not mine.

Sanchez isn't an excuse maker. anyone w/ eyes could clearly see he wasn't right those last few games of 2011 but he played and he's judged on how he played which was poorly just like w/ Favre. it's not like Favre was playing great then this mystery injury happens and he sucked. he sucked most of the year.

Favre was fine enough to play and keep his ironman streak going.

Now he tore his rotator cuff too? this is breaking news.

His ankle wasn't fractured after that '09 title game, you are confusing injuries now and are all over the place. he had a bad sprain.

The reason we didn't make the playoffs in 2008 was b/c Favre sucked most of the season then w/ a weak ending to the season as far as the sched he was BRUTAL. It wasn't some magic injury that cost us, it was the decision making of the guy who routinely would throw balls up for grabs hoping his WRs would come down w/ them.

The man didn't want to be here, if he did we would have made the playoffs.

In 2008 our offense scored:

363 pts, 22.7 PPG. The O scored 49 in that Ari game, 26 more pts than our average.

Remove the 49 pts from that Ari game and our O averaged 20.9 PPG, 28 more PPG.

We can do the same w/ Philly and NE. It was the Ari games that helped each of those teams rank so high.

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

When you have nothing to back up your assertions, it is your problem, not mine.

Where is the proof that Sanchez had more than a sore shoulder? There is none, so there are no excuses to make.

Breaking news!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/252189-favre-and-biceps-tendon-tears

I did confuse the reported ankle fracture in 2010, but it was more than a bad sprain. Here is a report from Dr. James Andrews 3 months after the injury saying that that he felt Favre required surgery on his ankle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

We also have the pictures of his ankle and thigh:

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2010/02/favreanklex-large.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2010/02/favrehamstringx-large.jpg

You calling him a whiny excuse maker with those injuries is really something. :rolleyes:

I can remove games and stats all day. I don't care to play that game anymore. Those 3 teams were good teams. NE would have done damaged in the playoffs. The Jets with a healthy Favre would have done damage in the playoffs. Philly made the NFC champ game. Give some credit to those teams instead of trying to make up excuses to take credit away from Favre.

#6795 Testaverde, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  16. azhar80

17. nyjunc

I have backed it, if you choose to ignore it that is your problem.

Someone else posted links to discussions of a stinger and such. He was clearly playing hurt but b/c you don't like Sanchez you won't give him the benefit of the doubt but for a guy who never did anything for our team you give him the excuse of the injury.

Your source for the rotator cuff tear is the bleacher report? ok.

Your links for the pics don't work but I saw them a few years ago, my ankle looked the exact same way(if not worse) a few years back after I hurt it playing basketball. I know it's serious but not exactly heroic to finish playing on. He's known for his pain tolerance, he can't have it both ways. You can't get all the accolades for playing through pain then use pain as an excuse why you failed.

we weren't a good team, we won 9 games w/ a weak sched, NE wasn't a good team they had Matt Cassell at QB and missed the playoffs w/ a weak sched, Philly was the only good team. They made the playoffs, made a run then playing Ari in Ari and only scored 25.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I can't believe that people have allowed Junc to troll them to the tune of 340 pages on the subject of whether or not Sanchez sucks. Only Jets fans.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Every so often I get sucked in, but I'm trying to avoid it! :lol:

The sad part is, I find Sanchez to be likable so its not fun having to make an argument that he sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.