Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To your first point, this is why we need an exaggerating font or sarcasm point. If I read it and I don't see obvious sarcasm, I'm taking it literally. There's no way to differentiate online. The point was that Hue was familiar with Carson and Carson played under a Hue led O for 2 years in college and Hue thought Carson and the Raider Offense would mesh. There is really nothing else concrete. We can speculate Hue took what he learned in 04,05,06 in Cincy with Carson and meshed it to what he used at USC and that was the Raider offense, but who knows if he adapted himself to his original pieces in Oakland and it was different than what Carson was used to. He could have thought Carson fit this new system well, who knows.

Yep, their plan wasn't to start Carson to start immediately. They did not want him to play against KC.

Again expectations at the time do not make the chemistry less. It could be argued the higher expectation (playoffs, to be a franchise QB on a new team, to prove himself) would cause chemistry to be more important. But that's separate just like margin of error is. Chemistry is an issue even if a QB joined a 14-1 team that locked up the 1 seed, if the QB hasn't played with the team before there are going to be chemistry issues even if the margin of error is you can lose the game and nothing happens. (I had this at 15-0 but then realized the margin of error of losing at 15-0 is a pretty big deal depending on QB/coach)

Again what they were brought in for, doesn't adjust the fact that both of them are going to have chemistry issues. That's the point both of them are going to have it, and you only addressed it one way, hence the inconsistency I first brought up. They both have chemistry issues. It's a different argument if they overcome the initial struggles or let them affect them which Carson has clearly let him affect him. We see this from our QB now.

I mean Sanchez was brought in with high expectations as we traded up for him and drafted him #5. That doesn't absolve the fact he is going to have trouble adjust to the NFL and it's speed, length of season, tough competition each sunday, and chemistry issues like that. Although, RGIII/Luck/Wilson are making this point of view seem more and more wrong.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ok, look at it this way then..without the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th ranked defense since he has been here how man wins do you think the 28th, 27th, 23rd and 31st ranked QB would really have?

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Rule changes are put in to do more than save lives junc. They change the way teams play. They change how positions are played. They change how people prepare themselves physically to play a position. The entire league evolves differently after the rules change. In today's game it's more about the players union protecting their investments, and the league tweaking rules to put more asses in the seats. The rules between defensive back and receiver are not similar to the way they were. Look at the wide receivers of today physically, they look like days of old defensive backs who eliminated the passing game with a jam, hold, and mugging while everybody else hit the qb. Qb's of today don't and are not allowed to be hit. The injury rate in the old day and now probably aren't much different, and back in the day they played through pain and injury. Today you have the John Abraham's of the nfl who soak up millions and don't play when they have small injuries. They want the life of the contract, rather than the glory of the game.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

338 pages? we should re-label this thread as the 'hot tacos' thread. suckchise has millions of dollars to continue to chuck it up at the drive-by window to members of the other team. :sad:

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Defensive back: can i has a pick-6 please to go on a roll with extra mustard?

Sanchez: you want fries with that?

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He still had to learn a new playbook in 3 weeks, and get acclamated with the talent around him, two things Sanchez defenders point to for "stunting his developement" (revolving door at WR and no continuity of offense). I think if he doesn't tear his bicep we make the playoffs that year..... I'm still not sure as to when he tore his arm up I'm gonna search for that information, I don't think it was Week 5 but could be wrong.

Either way, fuck Brett Favre it's clear he didn't actually want to be here, but if you put him under center for us 09/10 we probably win the goddamn Super Bowl!

#6746 Jake, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so favre was hurt in the 5th game of the season not the 11th? ok what proof do you have of this?

didnt favre himself say he was hurt with 5 games LEFT?

but then you say it was an excuse and he wasnt really hurt? so was he hurt in october or not? if he was hurt in october could he still be hurt with 5 games left? could he maybe have tweaked the injury nobody knew about but you?

i mean honestly how backwards could your thinking be?

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude, you are confusing Nacho, with Pennington.Though with Penny..,there was no mustard.

9. displacedfan

Da Dum ching. (rimshot noise)

Did Mark have any pick sixes this year though? I think he just threw a bunch of normal interceptions this year. 2011 seemed to be the pick six year.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yay for normal INTs. He had a pick six at Buffalo I believe.

11. displacedfan

Yeah I'm trying to remember, maybe Buffalo. I mean obviously INTs are bad, but I Think 2011 was the year it felt like every turnover was returned for a TD against us

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

There is a difference, maybe I exaggerated a bit but every word isn't meant to be taken literally.

^He pulls that bullshit anytime he gets called for talking himself in circles.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah totally, Sanchez couldnt hit anyone in stride in 2012 -offense or defense :lol:

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Sanchez led the league in 2011 for pick6's.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The plan was to not start him the first game but to start him the 2nd game after their bye which gave him 3 weeks of practice. Is that enough? a full offseason wasn't enough for him so I guess not, they gambled and lost b/c Carson palmer is not a good QB anymore.

Mark was brought in w/ high expectations and he lived up top them the first 2 1/2 years, he failed the last year +.

yep, we all know rankings tell us everything. Next excuse please!

safety is the #1 reason for rules changes in the current NFL. in the past they changed rules to increase scoring but today it is all about safety. Rules will always evolve, if the rules of the 50s/60s were still in play today we'd see deaths occurring all the time.

In every era you will have guys that thrive playing in pain and guys that sit out.

That's the game he started flexing his elbow and arm, that is the game pointed to as the one where he got hurt.

I posted links saying he was hurt early in the season, if you choose to ignore this I can't help you.

Brett Favre always makes excuses, he wants thd glory of being the iron man but doesn't want to accept the responsibility of poor play in big games. Brett Favre's arm looked exactly the same in Nov as it did in dec, the biggest difference was his poor decision making.

I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserve as far as intelligence goes. It won't happen again, I will dumb down all my posts for you so you can understand.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

career pick 6s:

2009(2):
    at NO, vs. NE

2010(0)

2011(3):
    at Bal, vs. NE, at Den

2012(1):
    at Buf

career total through 4 years: 6

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nm..wasting my time.

#6757 Don, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I believe Dallas ILB Sean Lee returned one Week 1 2011, or at least to the 1 yard line. Very clutch INTs.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And the rest of his league leading interceptions and fumbles were "just like punts"

20. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Yes. That is when he said the injury was causing his throws to be off and he thought he was hurting to the team.

You haven't posted any links, so there is nothing to ignore. Please post the links that show he had a torn bicep in week 5.

#6760 Testaverde, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.