Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

So you want to just go punish anyone just to feel better? Does it not help to have a guilty party1st?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

NBC won this battle of news reporting. CNN and AP have gaffed.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So only brown people are suspects?

4. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

For the life of me I don't understand why some of you are so fixated on this. Your political agenda is not important.

5. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

CNN continues to be the biggest joke in the biz

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Civility and principles of civility don't mean very much without the courage to live by them. This attack, like all attacks of this kind are intended to tear down civil society.

Why would you be so weak minded to give into that?

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

A senior FBI agent and recurring source did tell a CNN reporter privately "we got him" when asked about an arrest. So who knows

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

My guess the senior agent isn't so senior and works out of the Buffalo office.

9. GordonGecko

"After law enforcement sources told CNN that an arrest was made in Boston Marathon bombings, two senior administration officials and another federal official told CNN contributor Fran Townsend that no arrest happened."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/17/source-arrest-made-in-boston-bombing/

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So if he's white he has to be a nut? Because white people don't act that way unless they're nuts?

11. GordonGecko

<Fill in the Blank>, nut

I think that applies to anyone who would blast a crowd of marathon supporters

12. Br4d

So terrorists are nuts, white, brown or otherwise?

I just find it offensive to refer to somebody who would blow up a crowd of people as anything other than evil. Nuts is not part of the picture here.

I further find it offensive to suggest that a white guy that would do this must be nuts when in fact it's more likely that he's just plain evil, like the brown guys that have done this all over the world for the last decade or so.

Outside of 9/11 and Georgia Tech the people who have killed a lot of people in the US over the last couple of decades have been white and evil. Nuts very rarely comes into the picture.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So they do have someone in custody or no? I was looking on my phone and I saw reports that the guy was in custody, he was in route to the courthouse, then BPD saying no suspect in custody but they have suspects

14. Br4d

I don't understand why news outlets don't go to the authorities first to ask this kind of question.

There are all sorts of reasons that this type of information might possibly be better kept under wraps if it were true.

This race to sell is absolutely killing our ability to deal with the checks and balances a free society needs to function.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet, nobody remembers who was late by 2 minutes with the correct news, but people remember who was first with the wrong news. (NYPOST with this and Sandy Hook and CNN with the mandate for Health Care.)

16. VanderbiltJets

(Reuters) - Security officials on Wednesday ordered staff, media and attorneys to evacuate Boston's federal courthouse, according to a Reuters reporter on the scene.

Scores of people could be seen leaving the building. No further details were immediately available.

"Get away from the building. I can't stress this enough, people," a uniformed law enforcement official yelled at the crowd.

(Houston Chronicle) - "Attorney Francis DiMento says he was in a hearing when someone came over the loudspeaker and announced a "code red" and told everyone to get out in a hurry.

Crowds of reporters are gathered outside. The FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston say no arrests have been made.

The courthouse has a day care attached and at least one crib was wheeled out."

(WBZT) - "There is a report of a possible bomb threat at Boston's federal courthouse. Media members and all court staff members are being told to leave the scene. It comes after conflicting reports of an arrest in this week's bombing at the Boston Marathon. The FBI and local authorities maintain there has been no arrest. There is a high presence of police and fire department activity in the area.

#276 VanderbiltJets, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but even better would be to ignore Hobbes. He adds nothing of value here. Nothing.

18. VanderbiltJets

Coast Guard Helicopter and Boat over/near boston courthouse

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Okay more information. This time from WBZ:

Suspect was wearing black jacket, gray hoodie, White baseball hat on backwards.

Suspect on cell phone at second explosion site when 1st bomb exploded

ETA - color of baseball hat

ETAx2 - CBS NEWS: FBI used cell phone call logs to identify suspect

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

As a brown person myself, I hope its not stereotyped to that...Reports are all over the place. Its the game of who breaks news FIRST

Straight out of Newsroom the TV show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.