Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

-If Sanchez tore his arm last season, it would be your number 1 excuse, you'd probably end every post with "he struggled numbers-wise, but he was admirably playing hurt. Anyone would struggle with a torn bicep. I think we'll see a different Sanchez next year"

-If he played like Farve did in '08 prior to the injury, there's no end to amount of praise you'd lump on Sanchez.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Stop w/ the Colts nonsense, we beat who was on our schedule. In 1993 we faced backups in week 17 and lost 24-0. we faced 4 of 5 non playoff bound teams to end 2008 and lost 4 of 5 games.

Cassell had great #s, had a great 2nd half against us but we were up 24-6. You think we are getting up 24-6 on Brady? look at the history, the largest lead we have ever held against a Brady led team was 14 pts, the closing margin of the 2010 game at home. we get swept in 2008 if Brady is playing and even if we don't NE finds a way to win more games that year and wins the division.

The playoff bound teams we faced in 2008 were:

Miami
    8-8 SD
    Tennessee

1 quality team among the 3 and among the 3 only one team won a single playoff game.

In 2009:

NE
    NO - SB champs
    Ind- AFC champs
    Cin

2009 was much tougher, I wouldn't say tough but I don't think you realize how easy the 2008 sched was.

Indy played starters for 2 1/2 qtrs- we trailed by just 5.
    Cincy played starters for a half and we led 27-0.

top 2 backs in 2008:
    Jones/Leon: 366 attempts, 1760 yds, 4.8 YPC, 19 TDs

2009:
    Jones/Greene: 439-1942, 4.4 YPC, 16 TDs

The running games were very similar.

Coles w/ Cincy had 43 recs and 5 TDs in 2009, Edwards had 35 recs and 4 TDs.

It's common knowledge he got hurt in October, I believe it was the Cincy game.

mark had no one to throw to, Favre had plenty of weapons, a good run game and a soft sched plus Favre was a HOF bound QB.

People will never understand we didn't get full effort from Bret, he wanted to be in Minnesota and not here. if we have the 2009 version of Favre in 2008 we would have had a great shot at winning the SB.

3. nyjunc

Sanchez was hurt at the end of 2011, do I make that excuse for him? he played great week 1 last year then started out hot at Pitt before a big blow to the head then things went south- do I make that excuse?

I love when people make things up b/c they don't have an argument.

I would never praise any QB for playing the way Favre did in 2008.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Why does Sanchez get the Schottenheimer excuse and not Favre? This team was rolling until Favre tore up his arm.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

100% spot on.

6. nyjunc

we were 2-2 were Favre hurt his arm. really rolling!

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Dont dodge the point.

I thought he hurt his arm vs Denver btw. Youre saying he tore his arm vs AZ when he threw for six TDs? Either way: why does Nacho get the OC excuse and not Favre? What about having to learn a system in 3 weeks? Doesnt matter?

#6707 Jake, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  8. nyjunc

who is dodging anything? he hurt it in our 5th game, he was mediocre most of the year outside of a 3-4 game stretch in November then miraculously a week after probably his best game of the season he sucks and it's the fault of the injury. I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Uh my question was why does Sanchez get the OC excuse and not Favre, you skipped that part.

10. nyjunc

I don't use the OC excuse so you are talking to the wrong person. I like Brian Schottenheimer and think he is a good OC. As bad as Sparano was last year I don't blame him, he was part of the problem along w/ Mark, the run game, receivers, & OL.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My bad, mustve confused you and Hobbes for a minute there. Apologies.

If Favre tore his arm that early in the season and still helped set a team record for PF in a season then more kudos to him imo.

12. nyjunc

No problem. No matter how much we argue and disagree I don't take things personal and you shouldn't either. We all want to see our team win.

we didn't set a team record for pts scored in a season and the #s were badly skewed by 2 games- 1 against Arizona who played 3 games in the NE and gave up an average of 50 PPG. The other against an awful Rams team that average allowing almost 30 PPG.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

junc..you spent two years trying to save Pennington's life here..are you going to spend two trying to saver Sanchez's too? The writing is on the wall now just as it was then.

14. nyjunc

I'm not trying to save anyone, I was proven right on Chad unfortunately and I will be proven right on mark eventually. I don't always want to be right, I just want to win. If that means Mark is gone I'm fine w/ it but I don't believe that will be the best thing for our franchise.

15. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I def hope you are rt, & I'm in your corner with your Chad and Mark beliefs.

I think that Farve team was made for Pennington, a real game manager was needed, a precision an, but we got a slinger and we know how that ended up. When you have a running game like we had with Jones and you add the qb with a great fake and roll out ability its a mistake to keep chucking the balldown the field.

I think Mark has the ability, tools, & passion for the game. He lacks CONSISTENCY. He has shown the ability to

16. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You are saying we had an easy schedule in 2008 and are using the Colts as one of the 14-2 playoff bound teams in 2009. We lost the last 4 of 5 games because Favre was injured.

We didn't win the division in 2009, so I don't know why you keep bringing up that NE would have won the division in 2008 had Brady been the starter. It makes no difference in clinching a wild card spot. Even if we got beat twice by NE, we were still in excellent shape for a wild card spot before Favre wasn't able to play well. Had Favre been healthy all year, we could have challenged a Brady led NE team for the division that year.

The playoff bound teams we faced in 2008 were:

Miami - Bounced in 1st round
    SD - Made it to the divisional round
    Tennessee - Divisional round
    Cardinals - NFC Champs

In 2009:

NE - Bounced in 1st round
    NO - SB champs
    Ind- doesn't count since they laid down
    Cin - doesn't count since they knew they were playing us the very next week in the playoffs.

Considering the Colts and Bengals games, the 2009 schedule was about the same.

Who gives a crap about the top 2 backs. It is about what the running game did as a unit. We rushed 185 more times for 752 more yards in 2009. Not similar! It is not even close.

Coles with Cincy played in all 16 games and had less receiving yards and just 1 more TD than Edwards did in 12 games. Coles had Palmer throwing him the ball and Edwards had a rookie QB. Yeah, that really proves Coles was better. :rofl2:

So you know that the injury was the same in October as it was when he was struggling in late November? Please spare me from this nonsense!

Favre had plenty of weapons in 2008, but Sanchez had no one to throw to? :lol:

Favre had Coles, Cotchery, Stuckey and Keller in his rookie season. Sanchez had Keller in his 2nd year, Cotchery, Edwards and Stuckey.

At 8-3 in great position for a Super Bowl run, I'm sure Favre just said screw it, I want to be in Minny. The injury had nothing to do with it. :rofl2:

You are a funny guy!

I don't know what you said about Chad, but he played in 1 full season after he left, and is now out of the league. What exactly were you proven right on?

#6716 Testaverde, Apr 17, 2013
  17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because there were reports that Favre didn't like Schotty's offense and they ran a more simplified offense that he was used to it

18. nyjunc

AGAIN, Favre was injured in OCTOBER. Stop using that excuse.

On the road at undefeated Indy w/ starters in we trailed by just 5 pts midway through the 3rd qtr. Midway through the 3rd in 2008 we trailed by 13 at home vs. Den, trailed by a TD against 7-9 SF, trailed by a TD to a terrible Sea team,...

If NE wins the div that pushes Miami back to a WC spot. Miami finished 2 games ahead of us. Our scheds were creampuff scheds w/ no threat of Tom Brady- I am not sure why you cannot grasp this simple point.

We were in excellent shape for the #2 seed in the AFC before Favre started playing like crap again.

If Favre played like he cared we easily win the division.

Indy and Cincy both count b/c we played Indy starters for 2 1/2 qtrs. and trailed y just 5 then we played Cincy starters for a half and led 27-0.

Arizona looks good on paper being NFC Champs but they won 9 games and they were 0-5 on the east coast losing by an AVERAGE of 20 PPG.

SD was 8-8

Miami won a Brady-less division and were humiliated at home in the WC rd

Ten had a great reg season but were one and done in postseason.

Our 2009 sched was not very difficult but it was much more difficult than 2008 when factoring in knowing we had no shot at the division b/c of the presence of Tom Brady.

Edwards in 16 games in 2009(started 15): 45 recs, 680 yds, 4 TDs
    Coles(started 13): 43 recs, 514, yds, 5 TDs

pretty comparable.

Palmer sucks and Coles was their 3rd option, Braylon was mark's first option.

Nope, it's pure coincidence he played maybe his best game of the year against Tennessee one week then a week later was brutal which he would be for the rest of the year.

Sanchez had no one to throw to LAST year, in 2009 and 2010 he had weapons and we went deep into the playoffs.

8-3 was a mirage, Favre played poorly and we were barely beating teams. We had one real good 3-4 game stretch in Nov where we looked for real but outside of that we barely beat Miami week 1 when they weren't playing well, we barely beat Jamarcus Russell and Oak, we barely beat a bad KC team, we barely beat a bad Cincy team. we were not some juggernaut all year, we had one solid stretchn of good football and in a week it was all gone.

Brett Favre did not want to be here, his heart was not in it. if it was we could have done something special. he is known for playing through pain so don't buy the injury excuses.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You blame the receivers quite a bit here, or make excuses for Sanchez. That's only for two pages. Although to be fair Hobbes uses the wide receivers much more as a go to excuse.

I do find it funny that Braylon joining the team in week 5 means chemistry needed to be found with the QB, but when we were discussing Carson Palmer and how he joined the Raiders midseason with a whole new playbook, OL, RB, TE, and WRs you didn't mention chemistry as an issue once, you actually ignored the fact that he joined the team midseason and posted fantasy stats without that context. Stay consistent with the arguments.

#6719 displacedfan, Apr 17, 2013
  20. nyjunc

I'm not making excuses, I am stating facts.

Carson was traded for multiple picks including a 1st rounder, he was playing for a coach and a system he knew front to back. That's very different than a WR coming to a new system week 5 w/ a rookie QB.

I am always consistent but you will choose to take bits and pieces out of my posts to try to take them apart. I appreciate the effort but you have to try harder than that to get something by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.