Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what has Moore ever done to be ranked ahead of Sanchez? is he a better bar fighter?

2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I assume you are talking about my sig with your prediction that the Jets can win the division and get a bye week and a home playoff game with the current cast? :rolleyes:

How many times do we have to go over this? They won 6. Could have won 8. Could have only won 4. Things change man! The schedule is different. We've lost a lot of players on offense and defense. Holmes is coming off an injury. Hill may or may not get it this year. Goodson is a 3rd down / situational back whose career high is 450 yards in a season. Green gave us back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Goodson may be a better fit in the WC than Greene, but to say we have improved the RB position is a stretch.

No, I don't think all that adds up to 4 more wins. Even if it does, you are still short of your prediction 11/12 wins.

The funniest part is that you don't even believe your own prediction. You question me for mocking it, but then when you want to make a wager of how many games the Jets will win, you set it at 7 wins. Here are your quotes:

Do you realize that your prediction of 11/12 wins is an 83% to a 100% increase?

Please stop trying to defend your crazy prediction when you don't even believe it yourself.

3. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Several reasons. #1: The two AFC wild card teams were 12-4 and 11-5 in 2008. We got in thanks to the Colts at 9-7 in 2009. #2: The 2008 Jets were 9th in rushing and 16th in total defense. We were ranked #1 in both in 2009. #3: Favre played with a torn biceps tendon in his right arm the last 5 games of the season. We were 8-3 before those last 5 games. Favre was throwing to Cotchery and an aging Coles most of the season. Mark had Cotchery and Edwards.

Even though Favre played the rest of the season injured and was throwing to worse receivers, we still finished 16th in the passing game. Mark throwing to better receivers, we finished 31st in the passing game. If we had a healthy Favre in 2009, we win the Super Bowl.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Because Rex Ryans D wasnt there to carry the team.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I dont think he will have it this year because he isnt the guranteed starter even tho we all know he will end up getting the job. Holmes and Kerley would likely be the only 2 to show up

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yes Sanchez is to blame to all of our loses the last 2 years, And yes in Rex's first 2 years with a great QB we may have went undefeated thats how good our defense was. Did you not see the Titans game? i should coin a new phrase "Remember The Titans Game"

7. nyjunc

11 wins in 2008 is comparable to 8 or 9 in a normal year. Miami won ONE game in 2007 then won 11 in 2008. we had the easiest sched we probably have EVER had and we didn't have to deal with some guy name Tom Brady. we were 8-3 and would face ONE playoff bound team the final 5 games and that game would be at home yet we finished 9-7.

use the D/rushing excuse all you want. Our top 2 RBs in 2008 averaged 4.8 YPC, our top 2 RBs in 2009 averaged 4.4 YPC so let's stop w/ that excuse.

Yes our D wasn't as good as 2009 but our D didn't blow any late leads in games we lost and our lone win in the last 5 weeks was b/c late in the game our D scored a TD.

Favre threw to worse receivers? do we forget Chansi Stuckey started the first 4 games? we got Braylon for week 5 and no chance to work w/ him and develop chemistry?

Stop w/ the injury excuse, Fvare got hurt in October and had his best stretch(only stretch) of football in November. We didn't lose b/c of his injury, we lost b/c of his poor decision making.

In various games that year favre was outplayed by Jamarcus Russell, Matt Cassell, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace & Tyler Thigpen.

But we had a HOFer, shouldn't he have been able to carry the team?

yep, our D was so great if we had better QB play we easily go undefeated from 2009-2012. We could have been the greatest dynasty pro football has ever seen. Damn that sanchez guy! :rofl2:

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It depends based on recently or potential or based on what you want from your QB.

If you want a wildcard who's bad games can be terrible but his good games great, you put Sanchez ahead of Moore. If you want a consistent QB but consistently average to below average you go Moore. It really depends on what you are looking for. Career wise, you put Sanchez ahead, but based on right now Moore ahead is probably correct since Sanchez is a question mark. You have no idea which Sanchez you are getting, but the last 1.5 years have been bad from him

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

What does not having to deal with Tom Brady have to do with anything? We split with NE in 2008 without him, and split with NE in 2009 with him. The Colts laying down for us was the difference, not Brady.

Our 2009 schedule was not difficult. We faced 3 playoff bound teams in 2009, but you can't count facing the Colts when we really didn't face the Colts. The Bengals game as well. We faced 3 playoff bound teams in 2008 and none of them rested guys or played us light.

So we averaged .4 less in 2009? We also had 185 fewer rushing attempts in 2008. The more you rush, the less your average will be. only averaging .4 less with 185 more carries says our running game was much better in 2009. It is not an excuse. Stop trying to make it out like the only reason we missed the playoffs in 2008 and made it in 2009 was becasue of Sanchez with his 12 whole TDS and 20 picks.

Edwards played in 12 games. You think Coles and Cothchery were better targets to throw to?

The injury is not an excuse.

10. nyjunc

I agree w/ your last comment, we don't know if Mark can ever get back to where he was in 2010. I'm hopeful but we'll see.

W/ Moore he has never done anything except play "well" when his teams are out of the hunt.

2009 Carolina 4-7 and out of the race(started 5 games):
    79-126, 990 yds, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 104.9 rating, led O to 23.2 PPG, led team to 4-1 record
    2010 Carolina opening day starter(started 5 games):
    74-133, 822 yds, 5 TDs, 8 INTs, 61.6 rating, led O to 11.8 PPG, 1-4 record

2011 w/ Miami: came in during 0-0 game w/ team at 0-3 so they still had a chance.

first 4 games:
    68-115, 706 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 65.3 rating, led O to 13.5 PPG, led team to 0-4 record

last 9 games(where team was 0-7 to begin this stretch and out of contention)
    142-232, 1791 yds, 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 97.8 rating, led O to 23 PPG, led team to 6-3 record

noticing a pattern?

11. nyjunc

Brady for a full season means NE wins 12-14 games and wins the division, we had a very real chance to win the division in 2008 against a weaker Pats team. We blew it, in 2009 he was back. we split but we didn't split w/ the Matt Cassell Pats, getting any win against a Brady led Pats team is huge.

Our '09 sched was not murderer's row but it was MUCH more difficult than 2008.

The point is we ran the ball well and we had our best playmaker on O available for the entire season, we lost Leon Washington early in 2009. we threw it more b/c we had a vet QB not a rookie.

We got Edwards after week 4, so a rookie QB had to get to know a new target 5 weeks into the season and that WR needed to learn a new system so yes 2008 Coles was better than 2009 Edwards.

Favre always makes excuses, did you see the picture of his ankle that he sent out after the title game in 2009? he always fails in big spots and always has an excuse. He wants the glory and toughness of playing through pain but when he fails he likes to blame it on pain- can't have it both ways. The proof was in the play, he was hurt in OCTOBER, he played his only quality stretch of games in NOVEMBER. We didn't lose b/c of his injury, we lost b/c of his decision making.

When you are a yd or 2 off or a tad off you make adjustments, no excuses.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Stop using fantasy stats :beer:

He's much more consistent compared to Sanchez. If you are taking a flyer on a QB it's Sanchez right now. If you want somebody you can have to hold down the fort for 1-2 years, Moore is slightly higher.

Neither are sitting pretty though. Sanchez would be ahead by a landslide if it was after year 2/3. Unfortunately year 4 happened

13. nyjunc

I didn't just post stats or rankings w/o context. I always say stats tell part of the story. He's more consistent when his teams are bad, when they have a chance to do anything he is mark Sanchez 2012. W/ Sanchez we KNOW it is possible to win w/ him b/c we have done so, w/ Moore no team knos if he can win which is why Miami drafted a QB in the 1st rd after his "great" 2011 season and why he had no market this offseason except for backup jobs.

I like Moore as a backup, if he's my starter I know my team isn't winning anything but for a game or 2 here and there he can play.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Favre tore the bicep on his goddam throwing arm, maybe that had something to do with the collapse.

We set a team record for Points For that year.

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

We won 9 games in 2008 splitting with NE. We won 9 games in 2009 thanks to the Colts while splitting with NE. Cassel was 30-51-400-3-0 in the loss against us in 2008, so I don't think Brady makes any difference.

The schedule was not MUCH harder in 2009. I already pointed out that we faced 3 playoff teams in 2008 and 3 playoff teams in 2009. You can't count the Colts and Bengals in 2009 becasue they rested guys and played us light.

We ran the ball alright in 2008, but there is no comparison to 2009. You act like Favre had the same running game Sanchez had when that is clearly not true. Rushing 185 more times for 752 more yards in a season makes a big difference for the QB.

Edwards made an immediate impact to our WR core and had chemistry with Sanchez from day one. There is no comparison to Coles.

How do you know exactly when he tore his bicep when it wasn't reported until after the season? How do you know that the injury had nothing to do with his play?

You use the injuries to WRs as an excuse to why Sanchez had a horrible 2nd half to a season and bring up that he had 10 TDs to 8 Ints in the first half, but a torn bicep in your throwing arm is just an excuse? Favre threw 20 TDs to 13 Ints before the final 5 games. In the last 5 games he threw 2 TDS and 9 Ints. Stop with the nonsense.

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh, running more can definitely help out the qb, which is why the jets ran more with their rookie qb than the hall of famer that they traded for the year before

oh and i figured as much regarding my question earlier. not sure if the one person who replied was actually serious, but, it basically sums up what im getting at. everyone wants to blame sanchez for everything that has gone wrong like he is the sole reason for the teams troubles.

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

coles and cotchery were warriors out there on the field what the fuck is this shit now?

our wr werent a problem with favre what the fuck?

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy cow junc you are amazing...

first to trash favre, who i dont really care for... interesting to say the least.

then to say he needs to adjust when throwing and being off by a yard or two....

YET its the receivers fault when sancho is off by a yard or two... FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!!!!

19. nyjunc

He did this in OCTOBER, he played his only good stretch of football in NOVEMBER. Don't buy the Favre excuses

The 2008 team was not the highest scoring in team history, please don't make things up

The Jets O scored 363 pts in 2008. 22.7 PPG
    The Jets O scored 332 in 2010. 20.8 PPG

less than 2 PPG difference.

20. nyjunc

I don't blame the receivers for all of Mark's problems, please show me where I said that?

I love when people need to make things up b/c they don't have anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.