Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it wasn't that many pts, we got 7 on D/STs in the Mia game and Hou game.

-He played great against Buf
    -medicore against Pitt(nice start, bad finish)
    -up and down against Miami but led us on late drive to take late lead(which, of course, the D blew), led us to chip shot FG for win in OT
    -awful against SF
    -ok against Houston(JJ Watt won that game)
    -good at NE- another game the D blew a late lead
    -bad vs. Miami

he had very different issues this year and most of it came from the talent around him.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Actually he did suck the first half.
    Buffalo was only good game.
    Indy he had no TO's at least, but only had to throw for 82 yds as the running game and D dominated.

The other 6?
    10 turnovers to 5 TD's, under 49% completion, and team was 1-5 in that span. That is dreadful.
    He sucked the whole season, with and w/o injuries, with the exception of Buffalo game 1.

3. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I didn't include the pick 6 against Miami, but I forgot about McKnight's return against Hou. Then technically Sanchez led the O to 17.5 PPG and not 18 .:)

I don't know about you, but I saw a lot of the same issues Sanchez has had since his rookie year that had little to do with the receivers.

4. nyjunc

if we are taking out certain games then I will take out SF and Pitt so his other 6 games:

121-216, 1495 yds, 9 TDs, 7 INTs, led O to 19 PPG

again, not great but not terrible. He was mediocre the 1st half and awful the 2nd half. Please check that participation chart again and see what he had to work with this season.

5. nyjunc

I rounded up:)

he definitely regressed a bit but again he had nowhere to throw. We saw when McElroy came in, instead of trying to force plays he took sacks. receivers just weren't open. mark gets his share of the blame but to ignore how bad our healthy weapons were isn't being fair.

6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Rounding up. Always doing any little thing you can to help out Sanchez huh? :)

McElroy was a 7th round draft pick making his NFL debut. I think that had a little to do with it as well. McElroy taking 9 sacks doesn't necessarily mean he had no where to throw. He was taking over for Sanchez becasue Sanchez was turning the ball over way too much. I'm sue it was drilled into McElroy to not turn the ball over.

I don't think anyone ignores the injuries. They just don't put the main emphasis on them like most Sanchez supporters do. If this was Sanchez' first year making stupid decisions and a lot of turnovers, then the injury excuse would be a little more believable. The problem is, I've seen it for 4 years now.

#6646 Testaverde, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

first off, you have to stop conveniently leaving out fumbles.
    He led the league in them afterall, and they are as damaging as INT's.
    So even in your sample set it would be 9 TD's to 9 TO's, and still only at 56% completion.
    Still not even up to mediocre when removing his worst 2 games.

In the 6 games i cited, every time he dropped back, the likelihood was much higher of a INT, fumble or incompletion than anything positive.
    Held my breath every drop back.
    He wasn't dead last in the NFL by being mediocre.

Of course you immediately changed your initially argument of Sanchez being mediocre to blaming weapons once challenged. Always the blame somewhere else..

8. nyjunc

Are all fumbles his fault? are all INTs his fault? I think the only ones that can fully evaluate his play are the coaches and players on the teams that know every bit of info.

He had a horrible year, he was not bad the first half of the year(wasn't good either- he was mediocre). he got worse as the season moved along and as the healthy talent started dropping off.

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

sanchez is going to get a shot at starting whether you like it or not. the fact of the matter is that at no point in sanchez's career has he played in a system that has had any sort of consistent success in the nfl. schotty was a consistent bottom 15 offensive coordinator. average to below average, and by the end so predictable that opposing teams would tell receivers they know what they were gonna run before the snap. then last season, the most unimaginative and stale offense i have seen in years was fielded by the man that now coaches the line out in oakland.

mornhinweg's system is enough to get the attention of opposing d's. they will have to respect the long ball because they know that it is part of his gameplan. they will not be able to stack the box because he is able to call a consistent offense that keeps defenses on their toes. we know these things because he has had top 10 offenses how many times now?

you saw what he did with kolb, and he didnt want to pick him up. didnt want foles either, and guys here are talking about how theyd take him straight up for sanchez

i for one am excited to see this offense next season, whether or not sanchez is at the helm, because it will at least be a quality offensive system we get to watch all season. not that painful bullshit weve been subject to for so many years.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

also,

for how many losses you guys seem to want to blame one player on, do you think that we would be undefeated if sanchez wasnt the qb or something? is there no other reason for the team to lose or the offense to do bad besides sanchez sucks? seems a little short-sighted to me...

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Glad you like it.

starting Gilyard,Gates, rueland, and a first year RT on Howard..... They won 6.

Are you suggesting that cumberland,Holmes, Hill, Kerley returning to the slot, and the upgrade at RB.howard and hill with a full year..,as well as OC isnt worth 4 games...a curious position...So, whose mom are you Mardy Gilyard, or Clyde Gates?

#6651 Hobbes3259, Apr 16, 2013
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

To me all games are crucial, important games, so Mark Sanchez is not a "big game" QB.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What are his excuses for not delivering a win in two AFC title games? He had the weapons then.

14. Hobbes3259

I would say lack of seasoning, and he didnt have the weapons. He had Schottenheimer.

My argument all along has been, this is the first decent OC, which makes this Marks last stand.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's fair, we can agree on that.

16. Hobbes3259

Been my only argumwnt all along :beer:

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You can't say that because we've obviously been digging deeper into game-specific scenarios and that's where most of and a wide variety of arguments stem from. Everyone knows all phases of the team share the blame for failures, we're discussing who shares most of the blame.

Ultimately that is something that can't factually be proven unless you put stock into stats/numbers. And obviously those don't tell the full story. Round and round we go.

#6657 Jake, Apr 16, 2013
  18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

banging my head on the wall..

mark sanchez still sucks, was never good and probably never will be.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Gilyard started 0 games, Rueland started 1 game as the #1 TE and Gates technically got a start in the NE and STL games, but Schillens, Kerley and Hill played in both as well (Hill only in NE), so use the term "starting", lightly.

It was also Howards 4th season in the NFL, so its not like he was a rookie. It was his first year starting, yes, but its like he was brand new to the NFL.

Try again?

20. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

this idea of how "rough and tough" the game was back when is such bullshit and so is this crap about how much the qb got hit or that the receivers were "mugged" blah blah blah...it's not nearly as big a change as the oldsters tell you, just more myth nobody bothers to challenge-absolute nostalgic bull-today's athletes would demolish the guys from the 60's and 70's by their sheer size and speed and the game is played at a much higher level atheletically-the era of slower fatter whiter guys is extinct long ago

and as far as "enhancements" they have taking steroids since the 70's, amphetamines forever and lets not forget how many greats were coked out of their minds while flying all over the field

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.