Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, I've had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach since I heard about this. The one from Newtown was just about gone too.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Describing something in its simplest terms to mock illogical extremism isn't softpeddling, it's calling out paranoid unjustified xenophobia that is actually more discriminatory than helpful.

3. VanderbiltJets

Three years after an attempted use in the U.S. is plenty of time for some anarchist to steal their idea. It really doesn't indicate either way.

The explosives were meant to look like discarded material apparently (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...s-to-go-to-ends-of-the-earth-to-find-suspect/)

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident we will figure out who did this we will have hard evidence through good forensic police work and hopefully we will have a public trial where we can be confident of a just outcome based on Western standards.

This may have been a state sponsored attack in which case it's a declaration of war but it may be nothing more than a small criminal conspiracy. In either case the evidence has been well preserved.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

you realize that you're talking to someone who will still defend invading Iraq?

6. Br4d

I'm going to respect the wishes of the people who don't want this to be a political thread. My replies weren't intended to do that.

Apologies.

7. typeOnegative13NY

I agree and i'll do the same

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Unless.. Al Qaeda is taking a new approach, which in my opinion would be more effective (from the terrorist's perspective).

Imagine this: Instead of executing one, localized, sensational attack, what would result from of a bunch of 'smaller', concentrated, nationwide attacks?

For example, let's say 10 movie theaters across the country were bombed on the same day, with casualties totally 20-something, along with critical injuries. Then, let's say it happens again (same numbers approximately) a few months later. How many people would continue going to movie theaters? The film industry could potentially take a huge hit, maybe even be crippled (for however long).

I still can't understand why we aren't attacked more in this mode. If Al Qaeda terrorists really wanted to maim us physically, emotionally, and economically, then they could be more effective with tactic described above.

Don't get me wrong -- I appreciate the fortitude we've displayed as American citizens in response to terror attacks; but I'll admit -- if movie theaters or malls (or whatever large public forums that exist in this country) were attacked consistently, then I'd probably seriously reconsider frequenting those places.

Al Qaeda's track record consists mostly of the "big" strike against the U.S.; the death-toll of this tragedy doesn't indicate the same pattern. But that doesn't mean that they haven't/won't change their approach.

For me, I have no clue who's behind this, and I don't want to guess. All I hope is that we don't have to wait long to get some answers and some justice.

9. VanderbiltJets

It's increasingly likely the perpetrator got away.

"Law enforcement sources told CBS News' Milton that a Saudi Arabian man who was being questioned by investigators is not being considered a suspect at this time, and it appears that he was a spectator who was injured in the attack."

"A law enforcement source told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that one of the explosive devices appears to have been placed in a metal pressure cooker (a metal kitchen pot with a locked-down top) which had been placed in a black nylon bag or backpack. Investigators also found pieces of an electronic circuit board possibly indicating a timer was used in the detonation of the bomb."

#189 VanderbiltJets, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And who wrote 230 odd paages defending it .

This is not political. Terrorism, is about making fear politicial.

Just like this asshole in North Korea..if you tell me you have a .38 under your jacket.I am well within my rights to smoke you.

You can weep for Saddam, all you like,,,but he played that card, and got called on it, by the Feench, the English, the clinton Administration, and the Democrat s in The Senate,

So, I am on board with the recent, and and former Seceratary of State, under the Obama administration..but hey..youre right,

Go back to touching yourself, the keyboard is embarassing you.

#190 Hobbes3259, Apr 16, 2013
  11. Hobbes3259

No, its called prudence,,,and while somtimes unjust,,,it does not waste lives.

Hey, i dont think JayZ is a terrorist.,but if Iwas on that plane they turned around...i would understand.

Security, is the busness of being paranoid, was that xenophobic.it seems to me, you ignore the aspect of high profile americans being subject to the same standard to cry xenophbia, in lefty putrage.

JayZ and Beyoncee are two of the most recognizable people on the planet, was that xenophobia?

#191 Hobbes3259, Apr 16, 2013
  12. Hobbes3259

It shouldnt be political. Right,wrong, and just,,,,which..,,was the basis of the question I posed...what is Just here?

13. VanderbiltJets

The burden is on you to justify why overhearing Arabic equates to an impending terrorist attack. To fail to do so is xenophobic.

14. Br4d

Just would be that it never happened. There's nothing anybody can do right now to bring the victims justice. The best we can do at this point is to make sure that the people who did this can't do it again and to do that in a way that does not create further injustice in the process.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, fire with fire, none of those represent justice, they represent vengeance and retribution and in the history of the world vengeance and retribution have never done anything but create more victims down the road.

15. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

16. typeOnegative13NY

No,if i have a .38 under my jacket on your property you have the right. I'm not even going to get into the rest of it because you are too much of an idiot.

17. Hobbes3259

So, respectfully...the blowing up of an 8 year old, offends your sensibilities less, than opinions that germinate from said act?

Or do you contend that rhe bomber had some legitimate grievance, that necessitated the action...

How would you propose to remediate the anger, that resulted in the taking of a young boys life? Cappy, we have profound differences on many matters, but I am asking you seriously..how do we combat such irrational behavior?

18. Hobbes3259

Youre too stupid to answer the question.

If you threaten me with a hidden weapon, and I smoke you...lits your fault, regarding Hissein..li guess Clinton, Clinton, and Kerry.,were also dumber.

Maybe we should have saved ourselves the trouble and elected you President.

being ignorant,,,is excusable. Being an asshole.,,is just that.

or did I make that up?

Having a different opinion is never a bad thing.,but arent you the least bit embarrassed by being so wrong on FACTS?

#198 Hobbes3259, Apr 16, 2013
  19. typeOnegative13NY

Iraq was,is and always will be ALL about business,and the responcibility of business does not escape either party. If you truly believe any of it all has anything to do with "threats on freedom" and other nonsense, then i'm sorry.

20. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

online al qadea magazine gives instructions to make pressure cook bomb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.