Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

w/ the exception of 2 plays the Giants have no SB wins in the last decade. We can do that all day. The bottom line is we had a double digit lead against a legendary January choker and we failed. It was a team loss but the unit most responsible was our so called "great" defense.

Peyton was playing catch up from the beginning of the 2nd qtr until midway through the 3rd. It was unrealistic to expect a 30+ pt explosion from our O especially when Greene(our only running threat at the time) went down on the first possession of the 2nd half.

By the way, we had 2 other drives where we missed FGs, one was a long one but the other was only 44 yds so to say we made 2 plays isn't being fair.

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

In the second half we fell short when we lost our rb. Proof that Sucky can not put a team on his back and carry it to victory! And that is the point with Sanchez. He has been asked to shoulder more of the offense in the past wo years and he failed miserably thus proving that he needs all-pros surrounding him in order for him to be average at best! In todays NFL it is not economically possible.

err IMO the whole team was flat in the first half against Pittsburgh including Sanchez.

#6622 Kentucky Jet, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  3. nyjunc

the O scored 17 pts, how were they flat? mark was a ROOKIE, you expected him to put his team on his back? We were a D first team, the D blew a double digit lead.

4. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I can not believe how large this thread has gotten.

5. nyjunc

I'll respond to your edit.

2 years ago 3 of his top 4 weapons would be out of the league to start the 2012 season.

last year Clyde Gates got major PT, Chaz Schilens starter many games. NO QB could carry those guys. Give the man talent and he can produce, he's not a Brady type that can win w/ anyone. Those are once in a generation type of players.

6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Sucky gets paid to win! He didn't. In the past few years he has stunk up the place for a variety of reasons. You can make excuses all day but he gets paid to win! Put Brady on the Jets in the past two years and we win! This is a QB driven league. Sanchez is NOT in the upper eschelon of QBs in fact wasn't he rated #32? His lack of talent is obvious. He locks onto receivers as if he was in high school. He is timid in the pocket. Hit him a few times and the game is over! His pocket presence is sickening and on a par with KELLEN CLEMENS. He does not have much accuracy in his less then a cannon right arm! A team can win with him though IF it has PRO BOWL plqayers surrounding him! Err I think most QB would do the same! Its the great ones that elevate the play of those surrounding him and do not use the lack of talent as an excuse to lose.

7. nyjunc

First off, can you act like an adult and not post the silly childish names?

2nd, Tom Brady is by far the best QB of his generation. It's not fair to compare Mark to Tom Brady even though he outplayed him and beat him in their only playoff matchup(how soon we forget). Mark is a guy we can win big w/ if surrounded w/ the right pieces. We NEVER had elite offensive talent but we had good offensive talent which we haven't really had the last 2 years and last year was a joke after the injuries.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this thrown around a lot with you and Hobbes and it bugs me.

-Gates was only in for 20 percent of the snaps all season. I wouldn't consider that major playing time. That would be like saying David Clowney got major playing time in 2009.

Braylon Edwards, signed in week 15, had almost as many snaps as Gates!! That should tell you about the guy's "major playing time"

-Schilens only started 6 games. I wouldn't consider that "many" . He got quite a bit of snaps, but that's what he was brought in to do. He's not some Practice squad scrub, he is an NFL reciever and was brought in to be a top 3 option at WR for this team... which is exactly what he was.

Either way, if you feel he sucks - then He shouldn't be used as an excuse for Sanchez, rather as an indictment on Tannenbaum (for bringing him in) or on Stephen Hill (for taking HIS job)

-At least You didn't throw in Gilyard in this comment but you have before. He's Hobbes' favorite excuse, he always throws Gilyards name around. Gilyard was only in for 4 percent of the snaps... just slightly above Cromartie.

9. nyjunc

we got Gates after camp, he only played 11 games so 20% of all snaps during the season condensed into 11 games means he played a lot more in the games he actually played which is the point. After losing Holmes and then w/ Hill in and out of the lineup Gates was essentially our #3 WR for most of the year.

You don't consider almost 40% of games to be many? especially for a guy that was rumored to be cut in training camp.

I don't think I have brought up Gilyard, I usually bring up Kerley as our #1 for most of the year, Schilens, gates, Cumberland, reuland- what a crew!

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

This! ^ I think I even remember Hobbes or Nyjunc talking up Schillens before the season. If he stayed healthy he'd be a good receiver for us or something like that.

Anyway, nice post to put that nonsense to rest! Where were you able to find those stats for playing time percentage?

11. LOL, C'mon man. I know some of you guys don't like to acknowledge injuries & view them as a lame excuse but the 2nd half of the year this team was literally down to 6th stringers hired off the street. You just can't ignore that.

12. BrowningNagle

If Sanchez just sucked in the 2nd half of the year, then maybe it could be used as an excuse. But he sucked the entire year... no matter who was lined up at WR. Which is kind of the point.

13. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Injuries can be a reason for the QB not playing well, but most act like it is THE reason Sanchez sucked. Holmes was a major blow, but the rest of the season was not all that much different from a talent standpoint.

These are the starting receivers each week, or receivers who played a role in the games.

Week 1

Santonio Holmes WR
    Stephen Hill WR
    Dustin Keller TE

Week 2

Stephen Hill WR
    Santonio Holmes WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 3

Stephen Hill WR
    Santonio Holmes WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 4

Chaz Schilens WR
    Santonio Holmes WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 5

Jeremy Kerley WR
    Chaz Schilens WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 6

Stephen Hill WR
    Chaz Schilens WR
    Dustin Keller TE

Week 7

Jeremy Kerley WR
    Stephen Hill WR
    Dustin Keller TE

Week 8

Stephen Hill WR
    Jeremy Kerley WR
    Dustin Keller TE

Week 9

Jeremy Kerley WR
    Stephen Hill WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 10

Chaz Schilens WR
    Clyde Gates WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 11

Clyde Gates WR
    Chaz Schilens WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 12

Stephen Hill WR
    Jeremy Kerley WR
    Konrad Reuland TE

Week 13

Stephen Hill WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE
    Konrad Reuland TE

Week 14

Braylon Edwards WR
    Chaz Schilens WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 15

Braylon Edwards WR
    Jeremy Kerley WR
    Jeff Cumberland TE

Week 16

Braylon Edwards WR
    Jeremy Kerley WR
    Konrad Reuland TE

14. BrowningNagle

Cimini's end of the year review- he broke down playing time statistics for each position.

His opinion pieces can contain some non-sense, particulary his obsession with Tebow, but I really enjoyed his statistical analysis of each position - weekly, and at the end of the season.

15. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Who would have guessed. I should get a t-shirt or something!

16. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Thanks! I usually stay away from reading Cimini's stuff, but I would really be interested in the statistical analysis stuff, so I might start checking it out.

17. nyjunc

actually he didn't suck the first half. He had 10 TDs, 8 INTs, led his O to 18 PPG. Not good but certainly not bad especially considering Keller was out most of those games and he lost Holmes in week 4.

18. nyjunc

this is the playing time analysis from Cimini:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19992/playing-time-analysis-wr

WIDE RECEIVER
    • Jeremy Kerley: 665 snaps/62 percent
    • Chaz Schilens: 504 snaps/47 percent
    • Stephen Hill: 414 snaps/38 percent
    • Clyde Gates: 210 snaps/20 percent
    • Santonio Holmes: 189 snaps/18 percent
    • Braylon Edwards: 143 snaps/13 percent
    • Jason Hill: 48 snaps/4 percent
    • Mardy Gilyard: 43 snaps/4 percent
    • Jordan White: 31 snaps/3 percent
    • Antonio Cromartie: 17 snaps/2 percent
    • Patrick Turner: 8 snaps/0.7 percent

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19868/playing-time-analysis-teol

TIGHT END

Jeff Cumberland -- 594 snaps/55 percent
    Dustin Keller -- 406 snaps/38 percent
    Konrad Reuland -- 380 snaps/35 percent
    Jason Smith (jumbo TE) -- 258 snaps/24 percent
    Dedrick Epps -- 27 snaps/3 percent
    Hayden Smith -- 16 snaps/1 percent

seriously? look at the talent he had to work with this year.

19. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

:rofl2: Fantasy stats! He had 2 more TDs then picks.

He led the O to 34 points against Buffalo.
    Led the O to 10 points against Pitt.
    Led the O to 16 points against Miami.
    Got shut out against SF.
    Led the O to 17 against Hou.
    We scored 35 against the Colts with the help of 252 rushing yards and 3 TDs from the running game.
    Led O to 26 against NE.
    Led O to 9 against Miami.

Her was terrible at Pitt.
    Played poorly for most of the Miami game.
    Terrible against SF.
    Not great against Hou.
    Does what he does best against the Colts, which is let the running game carry the team and make a few plays.
    Played well for the most part against NE.
    Stunk against Miami.

1 game out of 8 isn't good.

Thanks for the link!

If Sanchez didn't have the same issues throughout his entire career, I might put more emphasis on the injuries.

#6639 Testaverde, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sanchez failed to lead us to wins in the AFCCG twice. He is not a "big game" QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.