Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The best Jets defense in 40 years had to hide the QB in order to have a chance to win. They weren't Ravens good either so they couldn't win with the QB under wraps. When Sanchez had to perform against Indy everything collapsed because he just wasn't ready to be a driver on offense.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Huh? Sanchez performed to give us a double digit lead, he failed in the 2nd half when his lone RB option went down early but it was our D that blew it not our QB. A supposed big time D should be able to do a better job than what we saw in the 2009 title game.

3. Br4d

Sorry, this is inaccurate. All the Jets had to do was score a couple of times in the second half and they win the game. They were incapable of doing that primarily because the QB was inaccurate. Sanchez was 8 for 18 in the second half until the Colts were in prevent defense on the last drive up by 13 with 1:06 to go.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Imagine if Favre had stayed. You would have to think the Jets could have been unstoppable.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In his book, Rex Ryan admitted that if they couldn't pull off the deal for Sanchez (and they almost didn't) that the plan was to draft Percy Harvin and for him to immediately fly to Mississippi to coax Favre back.

I bet he's kicking himself daily for not settling on that plan. You have to think the Jets might have a superbowl today!

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Especially if Lito Sheppard is not the second CB.

7. nyjunc

really? that's it? the reason Indy stopped scoring was b/c they had the game in hand, if they wanted to they would have kept scoring. The D cost us the game, the O gave us a double digit lead. The D immediately allowed Indy to go 80 yds in less than a minute. Even holding them to a FG in that spot gives us an 8 pt lead heading into the half but they couldn't do it and Indy had all the momentum. Our O opened w/ a 4 yd drive to begint he 2nd half but we missed a FG- our 2nd of the game. Even if we make both w/ the way the D was playing they would have beaten us.

The O doesn't go blameless but w/ a rookie QB on the road and a double digit lead, blowing that is on the defense who got shredded by a career playoff choker.

8. nyjunc

Favre never wanted to be here, we wouldn't have gotten the 2009 version on our team and if we did he threw away the title game for Minny w/ a team that had more talent to work with on offense. I doubt we make the title game w/ Favre, we may miss the playoffs w/ him like we did the year before.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i couldnt stand favre... and i am confident that rex is naive in thinking he had ANY chance of getting favre to come back to new york.

however even if the jets didnt get favre to come in they would not still be dealing with the issue of mark sanchez, who would probably be on the scrap heap already with most other teams.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

According to reports Sanchez is "Fired up" about the QB comp, Hopefully with his back against the wall in a win or die situation he steps up and becomes a man instead of running into peoples butts

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Br4d

The real question is who goes out to Jets West and when does Sanchez hold it?

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Michelle Ryan.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Here's that 25 yr old hunched over old man...standing tall!

[​IMG]
    Reading your posts...why one would think you never saw him play. : )

who is nyjunk?

#6614 joe, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  15. nyjunc

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I've avoided posting here, but as far as Jets vs. Indy in title game in 2009. We had the lead at halftime and we got shut out in second half. I'd say we lost because of the offense. Doesn't matter how good the defense is, you typically don't shut out any offense for an entire half, let alone Manning in his prime.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i don't find North Carolina banners and/or front running bandwagon jumpers intimidating. Not sure what you're trying to get at...

back on-topic: Hey, I want Sanchez on the team. And if Garrard beats him out, he can always be Folk's holder.

[​IMG]

18. nyjunc

we had a DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD. we allowed 30 pts, how is the loss on the offense?

that is a good one, your wit is too quick for me.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Um, We lost to Indy in 2009 because Indy was a better team. I don't care whoour QB was we were not beating Indy in 2009.

#6619 cval, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  20. Br4d

The loss is on the offense because with the exception of two plays the Jets couldn't move the ball all day long against a middle of the pack defense.

80 yard TD to Braylon and a Brad Smith 45 yard pass to Cotchery were all the Jet's offense had on the day. They got shut down on every other drive and the Jets just couldn't keep up with the Colts.

If the Jets have just an average offense going for them in that game they run away with things and Peyton Manning is playing catchup all day long. Instead the offense sputtered for much of the first half with two big plays making the difference and then just died in the second half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.