Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

However it should be noted that this "person of interest" suffered a leg injury that was serious enough to force him to a hospital overnight yet he was running away from the scene. Is it entirely possible that this was the same person who was trying to get into the restricted area? They also searched his house in Revere last night.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Oh my God, a person who had a severe leg injury was running away from an explosion area? Why would anyone do such a thing!?

/sarcasm

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with the coverage of things like Newtown and the bombing yesterday is that the technology has reached the point where rumors can get out of control and do real harm before they are squelched.

What was appropriate in an age where the internet did not instantly distribute and magnify information may well not be appropriate now.

At some point a media outlet is going to cause a real tragedy while in the process of inaccurately reporting on another. We should be thinking about how to get ahead of the curve on that and put appropriate controls in place.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I find it strange that nobody has taken credit yet, I know it hasn't even been 24 hours but even still you think if someone did this for attention that we would know almost immediately afterwards.

Makes me think there are three possible scenarios:
    1) they aren't done yet
    2) they were killed or injured in the blast and thus unable to continue
    3) police have them

Also makes it seem more likely to be an individual or a very small group as if they were cells from an over arching group (i.e. al-Qaeda) even if they died/got hurt in the bombing or were captured the group leaders would still be able to claim responsibility.

9. Barry the Baptist

I think sadly the death toll is going to go up, Xinhua news agency in China is reporting that a Chinese Student who studies at Boston U was seriously injured in the bombing and she is in a coma. With nearly 200 people being injured you have to think that internal bleeding or comas could lead to more deaths.

Police are saying that one of the bombs that detonated was in a pressure cooker that was placed inside a backpack.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

"The explosives used in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing were contained in 6-liter pressure cookers and hidden in black duffel bags on the ground, a person briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

One of the explosives contained shards of metal and ball bearings, and another contained nails, the person said.

These types of pressure cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence report. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the intelligence report said.

"Placed carefully, such devices provide little or no indication of an impending attack," the report said.

The Pakistani Taliban, which claimed responsibility for the 2010 attempt in Times Square, has denied any role in the Boston Marathon attack."

11. VanderbiltJets

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21988916/2013/04/16/plane-brought-back-to-gate-at-logan-airport

Plane brought back to its gate because two people had the audacity to speak in a foreign language.

12. VanderbiltJets

Other updates:

--Only a total of two bombs (the ones that exploded)
    --On Tuesday, law enforcement sources briefed on the case said that the evidence was indicating that the Saudi student, who had been temporarily considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, would be cleared of suspicion and was unlikely to shed any light on the attack.
    --According to LE, there are currently no strong leads at this point.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

a pressure cooker was used for the bombs

14. Barry the Baptist

I've seen conflicting reports that this either does or does not strengthen the bomb. The guy on CNN just said that it actually weakens it.

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

really, why the hell does the general public have to know how the bombs were made, never can understand this. Great, give some other derranged asshole some ideas. Tell us about the investigation in terms of suspects and the like.....update us on the status of the victims and the families if appropriate, maybe a few stories of heroism and bravery... for pressers, tell us you have an idea how the bombs were made and leave it the fuck at that. Who the fuck cares how the asshole that perpetrated this act managed to do it, of course that's important for the authorites to know, but everyone? really?.....if that person is still alive they're probaby wacking off to the coverage right now........sickens me.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Let me ask a question.

This animal blew up an 8 year old little kid.

Whats the appropriate measure of Justice for that...? Does Lethal Injection really exact a just measure of Horror...or are we willling to sacrifice another kid?

These assholes are one step closer to boarding buses like they do in Israel.

We kvetch over stupid shit like waterboarding.

Its about time we started gouging out genitals with rusty dental implements.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Arabic. They were speaking Arabic. Not French, not Spanish. Was there a reason you sought to avoid the actual fact?

Just curious...the article was clear enough, yet..lyou decided to shift to obscurity?

When a A blond haired blue eyed guy named Sven goes on a murderous, politically oriented rampage...wake me... But...today, Arabic is a salient pount.

18. Barry the Baptist

That's a little much.. despite the fact that I was playing devil's advocate with you earlier I still think this is domestic. The way I see it thought it doesn't really matter as it was an attack on innocence and whoever did it was a disgusting animal.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Congratulations. You're the clearest example I've seen yet that Al-Qaida defeated us when they perpetrated the atrocity on 9/11.

There is, BTW, a religious cult that would fit your world view perfectly. It's called Wahhabism. It features a unique form of justice called Sharia law in which the punishment is almost always designed to fit the crime.

20. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Firstly my thoughts are with everyone and also my friends in NY who have had memories, fear and anger brought back by such attacks.

My feeling on this is that it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist attack, low scale but high profile very reminiscent of what we suffered in the UK via IRA etc..these people are scum plain simple and to see the hurt caused to so many innocent people always sickens me

Post 2001 the kneejerk is to point at the Arab looking dude and get the lynch mob ready...my fear with this is it may point somewhere that shock us all with regards to its creator / reasoning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.